Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgee55
what exhaust system is this?
It's a Sharkwerks + Fabspeed combo. DM me if you'd like to learn more

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 07-22-2018, 09:39 PM
Brian Himmelman
Burning Brakes

Received 276 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger
I wish people would believe me and try the IPE catback system. You get rid of side mufflers, save weight, less heat and it the rear portion has valves. Great build quality, great sound and no drone. The valves are even heat shielded. The only other route I would go is race headers. For everything else, it makes zero sense not to do IPE.

my understanding is most want their Porsche to sound like a Porsche not and Formula car
Old 07-22-2018, 10:02 PM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

my understanding is most want their Porsche to sound like a Porsche not and Formula car
answered your you tube question! And we’ve been selling quite a few street systems with loud mufflers to very happy 991.2 GT3 customers...
Old 07-23-2018, 12:33 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian Himmelman

Correct- if I wanted it to sound Italian I would of bought a Ferrari
Old 07-23-2018, 01:48 AM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

This is the way it should sound. Nice bellows, X-Pipe with a nice ceramic coating for extra heat retention. And even better, we have them in stock ready for you now!

View this post on Instagram

Old 08-16-2018, 02:00 PM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I have a Brand New Sharkwerks center muffler bypass still in the box, $100 off retail if anyone would like it.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:01 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

The Auratium Green 991.2 GT3 with exhaust upgrade is back

Old 08-16-2018, 04:30 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

We weighed in at 9lbs (wood blocks were zero'd out prior to placing the exhaust on for anyone wondering)

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 08-16-2018, 04:57 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

We weigh in at 8.8 lbs and we have GREAT customer service!

Old 08-16-2018, 05:20 PM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,347 Likes on 792 Posts

When you want the very best: AKRAPOVIC Slip-On Race Line center sections and tips in stock!

Ask about our Rennlister Summer specials.

Took some pics of the pipes and tips.... 2.6kgs = 5.9 lbs. (suppose we should weigh the hardware and clamps too!)

We are offering some specials on the Akrapovic exhaust systems for the 991.2 GT3!

Please PM or email sales@supremepower.com or call us at (714)632-1951 for special RENNLISTer pricing specials!

A pioneer in its field, Akrapovič is widely recognised as a highly innovative materials technology company. The brand is synonymous with the highest level of design, performance enhancementand the creation of an unmistakable deeply resonant exhaust sound. The company’s products are designed and manufactured for motorcycles and performance cars by a passionate and highly-skilled workforce of over 1000 employees using the latest technology, processes and finest materials. The Racing R&D department works with dozens of racing teams. Over 100 world champions have already relied on Akrapovič exhaust systems. And this is just the beginning of a long exciting ride.

Slip-On Race Line (Titanium) S-PO/TI/8

Akrapovič’s Slip-On Race Line represents the first step in the exhaust system tuning process and the muffler can easily be installed onto the Porsche GT3's original system. Built from hi-grade titanium and finished with two eye-catching double round tailpipes, this entry system makes the GT3 more powerful and lighter, and gives the car that unique, sporty Akrapovič sound.

**The tail pipe set needs to be ordered separately. IN STOCK AS WELL!**

The Slip-On Race system can be optionally combined with Link Pipe Set (Titanium) that retains stock headers and removes stock side mufflers, or it can be upgraded into a full Akrapovič exhaust system, either with combining it with Evolution Race Header Set without valves or Evolution Header Set with side mufflers and valves.

The look of this system can be further enhanced with the addition of the superbly handcrafted high-quality optional carbon- fibre rear diffuser in matte and high gloss finish to give even more exclusivity to the Porsche 911 GT3 (991.2).

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Old 08-16-2018, 11:33 PM
Ducktail
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Some Dundon love here, I've been running their race headers for the last 12k km, sounds absolutely brilliant. So much so that the Porsche dealers themself came to ask me during last trackday at Imola ''what the hell have you done to your car, it sounds brilliant". I can't comment on a change in performance as it's been on since the start, but love the quality of the product. One note of caution, the race headers obviously push the exhaust gases straight through the (stock) muffler red hot (yes it shoots flames), which means it takes a beating. My OEM-muffler now failed after 12k km, so you would need their lifetime muffler to be bulletproof, or go for a central muffler bypass to complement the headers. But given how LOUD the setup is even with the OEM central muffler in place, I wouldn't recommend going the bypass route for the central muffler in combo with the race headers.

Old 08-17-2018, 09:41 AM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Ducktail
Some Dundon love here, I've been running their race headers for the last 12k km, sounds absolutely brilliant. So much so that the Porsche dealers themself came to ask me during last trackday at Imola ''what the hell have you done to your car, it sounds brilliant". I can't comment on a change in performance as it's been on since the start, but love the quality of the product. One note of caution, the race headers obviously push the exhaust gases straight through the (stock) muffler red hot (yes it shoots flames), which means it takes a beating. My OEM-muffler now failed after 12k km, so you would need their lifetime muffler to be bulletproof, or go for a central muffler bypass to complement the headers. But given how LOUD the setup is even with the OEM central muffler in place, I wouldn't recommend going the bypass route for the central muffler in combo with the race headers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQL4CV0oHAg
sounds great
Old 08-17-2018, 10:07 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 130 Posts

Does anyone have a good video of the stock center with the Fabspeed side deletes on a 991.2. I found a video on youtube but it's super short and has music over most of it. I am thinking of going this route since there is a bigger weight savings.
Old 08-17-2018, 10:15 AM
AutoQuest Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
Does anyone have a good video of the stock center with the Fabspeed side deletes on a 991.2. I found a video on youtube but it's super short and has music over most of it. I am thinking of going this route since there is a bigger weight savings.
Hey Richard,

That is what we have been doing on the .2 GT3's, and have a dozen or so we've built running that setup. I typically keep them in inventory, so I have them new sitting here if you'd like a set. I can't say I have any video of the setup on the .2 GT3, but I'd be happy to chat about the characteristics of the sound difference if you'd be up for a chat. It's also not just beneficial for the huge weight savings, they get rid of a good bit of heat soak right behind the rear tires as well.
Old 08-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by richardbf
I have them on my .2 valved, thats all i did, personally better sound, louder, cleaner, and no boom, they purr, cleaner transition from closed to open, and dump all the stupid weight. I think they sound much better. I hate the megaphone sound of the center bypass. It reminds me of a glass pack on a pickup truck, center deletes just don't sound clean to me. thats my gripe. I want full headers/catless/ but CEL will drive me crazy, when dundon or fabspeed address this, i will have a set. Or when we can just dump a tune without the warranty issues, i would have them now!

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3