Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 05:45 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by Guest89
Drew, you don't have a way to register the car without emissions testing?

I don't do CEL lights...if emissions were the worry I wouldn't have gone with the dundun catless headers on my RS now...
Old 04-04-2018, 07:12 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
At least two of the people I know with the system do get CEL's with the system (200 really seems to be the safe bet here) and as much as tuning is a nice thing, it's really REALLY not worth the potential hassle should something go wrong with the motor (in general, not even because of the tune) and having an issue with warranty.
Weird, I had 100 cell sport cats on my 991.2 Turbo S and had zero CEL registered in 5,000 kms.
Is there not a spacer tube for the exhaust O2 sensors that reportedly helps eliminate CEL?
Old 04-04-2018, 07:21 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Weird, I had 100 cell sport cats on my 991.2 Turbo S and had zero CEL registered in 5,000 kms.
Is there not a spacer tube for the exhaust O2 sensors that reportedly helps eliminate CEL?
I think there is, but I ran 100 cell cats on my 991.1 turbo S and it had CEL issues, went to 200 and it was fine.

What I REALLY want is a company that is willing to just make me a set of damn side mini mufflers without having to get the whole rest of the kit. Cargraphic is the closest to that though.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:17 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 544 Likes on 314 Posts

Here is a quick sound clip of ours installed on a black 991.2 GT3

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: sales@bbiautosport.com Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 04-09-2018, 01:00 PM
Ducktail
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Just had the Dundon long-tube race headers installed, couldn't be happier. Sounds out of this world, saved 30kg and no CEL. Only downside is the smell of exhaust gases when sitting in traffic with windows open.
A quick interior clip:

Old 04-09-2018, 01:49 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

I will answer the ones that I know about and have experience with

Originally Posted by juanpablo046

-side delete but keeping cats like TPC, which takes away valves for sport exhaust but then maybe replaces them with aftermarket??? Can't tell here.. does exhaust button still work?? small power gains, 40lb weight savings, heat reduction benefits, sound quieter than center delete??? California emissions compliant?????

Removing the side mufflers you end up having to use a more expensive part to keep the valves (new valve system like TPC) or you can use a simple pipe and just use one of the mufflers piping (like the Akrapovic Sports Cup Line). If you want the button to work you will need extra hardware with valves, remember that. You could have some drone at low rpm.
The TPC valved side muffler delete kit does not require extra parts to install and it will still work with the factory button for the exhaust. There is a quiet mode and a more loud mode very similar to the stock system. It is expensive from TPC at $1750 compared some of the lessor systems but it does eliminate some of the drone from doing a non-valved system. There is still a little bit of drone around 2700 RPM but it is a lot more livable than doing a non-valved side muffler delete.

-full system like Dundon, no cats.. non-emissions compliant in CA, big power gains.. I don't know the rest.

Full system with high flow cats + software will give you significant power gains. The car will be loud.
Dundon headers are as quiet in the car as a stock system. Outside the car they are noticeably louder but inside with either the sport button pressed or not it is as quiet as stock. No drone at all with this system. With the valves installed it does not require any extra hardware to be installed to work properly.
Old 04-10-2018, 12:35 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

ordered on the 3rd, arrived on the 10th. west coast to east coast. another 2 month wait until installation
Old 04-10-2018, 01:49 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by neurotic
ordered on the 3rd, arrived on the 10th. west coast to east coast. another 2 month wait until installation
Cant wait until you finally get it on the car. Thank you, we appreciate it!

-Dom

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 04-10-2018, 07:03 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I am just curious from those that have installed the BBI system on their GT3 .2 . I am thinking of having this installed on mine but I have three questions from those that have this set up.

1) is there any drone on the highway?
2) Can you still hear the stereo?
3) Will the neighbors complain if I step on it somewhat in the neighboprthood?
4) is it deeper, simply louder or both compared to stock?
Old 04-10-2018, 07:12 PM
Homeles
Three Wheelin'

Received 131 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by SANDIEGO
I am just curious from those that have installed the BBI system on their GT3 .2 . I am thinking of having this installed on mine but I have three questions from those that have this set up.

i can only answer to #3. Don’t ever $hit where u live.
Old 04-10-2018, 07:31 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 115 Likes on 55 Posts

1 - no, its great. I obviously work with BBi on our product, but I also have it on my 911R. It has very little sound deadening as everyone knows, and I did a 1k mile road trip in it, talked on the bluetooth the entire time, no issues.
2 - yes, no issues.
3 - it makes some noise on startup, but thats part of the fun of it. With valves closed it will cold start loud for a second, then quiets down pretty quickly.
4 - yes, it is WAY deeper, way more crisp than stock and our competitors. I stand by that, and so will BBi.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:26 PM
SANDIEGO
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Can anyone comment on how the system sounds on the high setting in stock vs the low setting with the BBi exhaust?
Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

1- No
2- Not above 6000 rpm
3- No- You will not be able to hear them complain
4- Deeper and louder
Old 04-11-2018, 09:37 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Had full Akra system on my RS7. Sounded amazing at first, but maybe a little higher pitch than some would want. The titanium has a slightly different way of resonating. I kind of grew tired of it, but that also might have something to do with all the pops and bangs from the RS7 itself. Just got old.

Had a few different center muffler deletes on my RS... for my money, I preferred the BBi center delete. I still passed sound on the track and it absolutely ripped. Had a launch video on an airstrip go viral after it chirped tires in second gear... people loved hearing the exhaust.

Currently have the Dundon sports cat headers on the RS. Best overall exhaust system IMO. More power, had to change my brake/throttle points on the track because it just had "more" in it. Sounds amazing and great support from the Dundon team. 3-5db or so louder than the BBi center delete. Can't recommend Dundon enough!
Old 04-11-2018, 09:38 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
1- No
2- Not above 6000 rpm
3- No- You will not be able to hear them complain
4- Deeper and louder
LOL true! BBi center delete is awesome.. not too much of anything, just a better sound.

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3