Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Old 01-28-2018, 12:38 PM
CAlexio
Super User

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
That is why going with a Rear Bypass is a great avenue. Will not void warranty. I put on the GRP on Friday and had them adjust so valves are always open. The car is loud as heck and sounds great . No way I would want this car any louder. I am very happy and now the last thing to do is have my wheels painted in White gold like the GT2RS wheels which will be done in April. Car is now going in to hibernation
Couldn't you ave achieved same result Just by pressing sport button?
Old 01-28-2018, 01:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Super User

Originally Posted by Boba Fett View Post

this is my delema as well and prob why I won’t do headers as much as I want the extra power....so I’m considering SharkWerks track system...they say it doesn’t throw any codes and now warranty issues

they also say it ridiculously loud which is what i want...
Jimmy, did U take any videos of the new set up?
I had the Sharky on my .1 GT3, which is a very good Bypass, but you have to buy the larger tips, and attach, but although it takes the volume from a 7 to a 9 it retains the exact tone. For some; this set up would be desirable if you want to keep stock tips and/or happy with tone. The RSS X-Pipe is very nicely constructed and has more of a higher pitch sound that some feel is more exotic. Tips are already attached but wish they were larger and for some reason I felt it was not letting things breath better( restricting maybe) but possibly that is how the higher pitched sound is created. The GRP is very nicely constructed, super light, and has the largest attached tips because the tips are incorporated like the RSS. I do not think you can get any larger tips because you would probably start melting things. The GRP takes the volume on the .2 from an 8 to an 11 with a nice bass to it(German sounding). No way I would want anything louder and I was not driving with the windows down- just cracked about 5 inches. I would really like to see if the GRP gives you any more HP/Torque because She feels different. Now, I also had the valves adjusted so always open when they put on the Bypass.(so Exhaust button not needed any more). This was a great upgrade for me. I am still trying to figure out if it is the GRP Bypass or now that the Valves are always open why there is no longer that bothersome transition that used to happen around 3800 rpm. For some reason now things are a lot smoother. This Bypass seems to let the engine breath better.-less restricted. Remember - i am no engineer so just trying to explain things the best i could. I am a very happy Camper now. My car sounds like a BEAST- just what the Doctor ordered

Old 01-28-2018, 06:17 PM
1Gunner
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D View Post
. Now, I also had the valves adjusted so always open when they put on the Bypass.(so Exhaust button not needed any more). This was a great upgrade for me. I am still trying to figure out if it is the GRP Bypass or now that the Valves are always open why there is no longer that bothersome transition that used to happen around 3800 rpm.
When you say "valves adjusted" exactly what do you mean?
In the 997 GT3 series there was a vacuum actuator solenoid in the engine bay area and all you needed to do was unplug the solenoid then close off the vacuum inlet with a rubber cap. Lots of us did this to avoid the accentuated loud, quiet, loud sound volume transitions made worse from AM exhausts.

Could the 991.2 be just as easy?
Old 01-29-2018, 03:14 AM
Jimmy-D
Super User

Originally Posted by 1Gunner View Post
When you say "valves adjusted" exactly what do you mean?
In the 997 GT3 series there was a vacuum actuator solenoid in the engine bay area and all you needed to do was unplug the solenoid then close off the vacuum inlet with a rubber cap. Lots of us did this to avoid the accentuated loud, quiet, loud sound volume transitions made worse from AM exhausts.

Could the 991.2 be just as easy?
I believe what you explained is what they did. He showed me when on lift but I am not very technical. But - best thing that I could of done
Old 01-29-2018, 01:15 PM
GRPerformance
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I had the Sharky on my .1 GT3, which is a very good Bypass, but you have to buy the larger tips, and attach, but although it takes the volume from a 7 to a 9 it retains the exact tone. For some; this set up would be desirable if you want to keep stock tips and/or happy with tone. The RSS X-Pipe is very nicely constructed and has more of a higher pitch sound that some feel is more exotic. Tips are already attached but wish they were larger and for some reason I felt it was not letting things breath better( restricting maybe) but possibly that is how the higher pitched sound is created. The GRP is very nicely constructed, super light, and has the largest attached tips because the tips are incorporated like the RSS. I do not think you can get any larger tips because you would probably start melting things. The GRP takes the volume on the .2 from an 8 to an 11 with a nice bass to it(German sounding). No way I would want anything louder and I was not driving with the windows down- just cracked about 5 inches. I would really like to see if the GRP gives you any more HP/Torque because She feels different. Now, I also had the valves adjusted so always open when they put on the Bypass.(so Exhaust button not needed any more). This was a great upgrade for me. I am still trying to figure out if it is the GRP Bypass or now that the Valves are always open why there is no longer that bothersome transition that used to happen around 3800 rpm. For some reason now things are a lot smoother. This Bypass seems to let the engine breath better.-less restricted. Remember - i am no engineer so just trying to explain things the best i could. I am a very happy Camper now. My car sounds like a BEAST- just what the Doctor ordered

Thank you Jimmy for calling us! We are excited to have you as a customer, and excited to gain some more as we go along!

We do have one more system available and in inventory. We have ramped up our production and should have increased inventory very shortly!

Also, i will have some very exciting news for GRP Porsche customers like Jimmy in the Midwest very soon. Or anywhere if you want to take a drive to Chicago. Stay tuned!
Old 01-29-2018, 04:01 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Car looks great Jimmy!

Bringing Passion, Artistry, Craft to the Porsche Tuning Industry
Southern California's Porsche Performance Tuning, Engine Development,
ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Website: www.bbiautosport.com Email: [email protected] Phone: (714) 843-0200
Follow Us On: Facebook & Instagram
Old 01-29-2018, 04:02 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Here a more pictures of our new BBi / GRP Porsche 991.2 GT3 exhaust with 13mm longer tips to stick out just the right amount from the redesigned bumper just. Now in full production, give us or Graham Rahal Performance a call or email to get one!!!

- [email protected]

ECU Software Tuning, Custom Fabrication, Race Preparation & Factory Service Center
Old 01-31-2018, 06:54 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Chalk 991.2 GT3 with GRP Center Section Installed.

- Jerry

Last edited by BBiAutosport; 02-05-2018 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2018, 07:22 PM
Earlierapex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio View Post
Couldn't you ave achieved same result Just by pressing sport button?
The sport button closes the valves at just above idle and re-opens them at ~4k rpm. I don't know why there is a sport button. It's totally worthless. All it does is open the valves at idle.
Old 02-05-2018, 02:08 PM
BlueGT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

https://rennlist.com/forums/parts-ma...s-exhaust.html selling my SW bypass from my 991.1
Old 02-05-2018, 02:54 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Graham Rahal Performance's client Chris from Alberta with his brand new yellow w/ green stripe Porsche 991.2 GT3 at Scottsdale Cars and Coffee rocking the new center section exhaust.

- [email protected]

Old 02-20-2018, 10:01 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

A hot lap of the GMG GT3RS at The Thermal Club with our Center Section installed...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hoL7yEtGpyQ" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: [email protected]
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 02-23-2018, 03:10 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

991.2 GT3 with our Graham Rahal Performance Center Section screaming in action

Old 02-23-2018, 03:19 PM
BBiAutosport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Another video from our friends at Graham Rahal Performance

Old 02-23-2018, 03:25 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Not to get into a posting battle here, but we ran into a client taking advantage of the early morning sessions out at Thermal while we were out doing some testing for Round 1 of Pirelli World Challenge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkgB...ature=youtu.be

[email protected]
www.gmgracing.com

facebook | twitter | youtube

Porsche | McLaren | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport - McLaren GT - Audi Sport Customer Racing - Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: