Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2017, 11:38 AM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by drdonger

I still think IPE catback is still the best way to go. You get side deletes and a valved rear exhaust. This lets you essentially turn the exhaust off when you want it quiet, just like oem.The titanium system is also light and removes heat from the rear tires. The center section has an x-pipe design for that incredible high pitched sound and their quality has gotten a lot better. I will be a guinea pig and test out their titanium carback, when my car comes. I’ll weigh it against the stock and also try to get a dyno done. I have attached a couple of pics. You can see the welds and build quality of the new titanium exhausts are way better than the initial ones.
I'll be here to help with that when the time comes

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 12-12-2017, 11:40 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Anyone running RSS?

Sounds great on my 997.2 GT3.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:42 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by RobbieRob
I actually don't understand why most install a center muffler bypass(which they are all about the same design/quality) over a long tube header system with valved SMBP. Is it the price difference only?, because the LTH setup makes more power, reduces a lot of weight, and eliminates a lot of heat near the tires/engine area, plus sounds better(imo) or about the same/similar sound if you go with the catted systems. The center muffler delete systems might make a little(barely any) more power, but in reality the only thing it does it make the engine sound better. For me, I would rather make more power and sound good than just sound good, especially for the money we are spending on any of these settups. Just my opinion but was curious as why most choose the center muffler bypass over other systems.
For me it was a few things.
1. Sound is the main priority. Wanted to liven it up a little bit without it being obnoxious when wanting to drive around in "wife" mode.
2. Looks. I like the single wall tips better than the stock ones.
3. Cost difference of course.
4. Potential warranty claim when going full system to include headers.
Don't really care to debate if my opinion is right, wrong, accurate or not, you asked. That is why.
Old 12-12-2017, 12:05 PM
RobbieRob
Pro

Received 88 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
For me it was a few things.
1. Sound is the main priority. Wanted to liven it up a little bit without it being obnoxious when wanting to drive around in "wife" mode.
2. Looks. I like the single wall tips better than the stock ones.
3. Cost difference of course.
4. Potential warranty claim when going full system to include headers.
Don't really care to debate if my opinion is right, wrong, accurate or not, you asked. That is why.
I understand, no debate, I was just wondering. lol, Wife mode, that's definitely number 1 on the list.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:55 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
Anyone running RSS?

Sounds great on my 997.2 GT3.
Yes. Ran RSS on my 997.2, 991.1 and now the 991.2. Absolutely loved it on the 997. Never sounded quite as good on 991.1 due to non-Mezger in my opinion. I've only had it on the .2 for a short time, but what I've experienced thus far it sounds great!
Old 12-12-2017, 09:10 PM
ranger22
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 191 Posts

I actually don't understand why most install a center muffler bypass(which they are all about the same design/quality) over a long tube header system with valved SMBP. Is it the price difference only?, because the LTH setup makes more power, reduces a lot of weight, and eliminates a lot of heat near the tires/engine area, plus sounds better(imo) or about the same/similar sound if you go with the catted systems. The center muffler delete systems might make a little(barely any) more power, but in reality the only thing it does it make the engine sound better. For me, I would rather make more power and sound good than just sound good, especially for the money we are spending on any of these settups. Just my opinion but was curious as why most choose the center muffler bypass over other systems.
Warranty is a big one. Also, if you are tracking the car, I've seen repeatedly where aftermarket cats fail due to the heat and abuse of track time.
Old 12-12-2017, 09:21 PM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by ranger22
Warranty is a big one. Also, if you are tracking the car, I've seen repeatedly where aftermarket cats fail due to the heat and abuse of track time.
Why do people constantly refer to tracking a GT3 as "abuse"? The GT3 is a track focused, purposefully track engineered car from the factory. Tracking a family sedan is abuse, a GT3...not in my books! Sure track-use places added stress on various components (vs. purely street use) but 'abuse'?
Old 12-12-2017, 09:33 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Yes. Ran RSS on my 997.2, 991.1 and now the 991.2. Absolutely loved it on the 997. Never sounded quite as good on 991.1 due to non-Mezger in my opinion. I've only had it on the .2 for a short time, but what I've experienced thus far it sounds great!
How’s the fit and finish? Deep sound or a bit more high pitched compared to others? Thanks.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:06 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

How’s the fit and finish? Deep sound or a bit more high pitched compared to others? Thanks.
Have the RSS on my .2 right now. But only 200 miles and have not been above 5500. I wish the tips were larger and car is now done for the Winter but need more time to give a definitive answer. My GT4 had FVD LT Headers and their Valveless exhaust and it was one of the best sounding exhausts I have owned. I need time to adjust to the GT3 exhaust because the sound is quite different. So verdict still out for me.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:34 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,752 Likes on 4,766 Posts

I live in CA.

So a LTH setup will not pass emissions.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:27 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Overall fit and finish his fine for me. Perhaps not to the same level as an Akra system, but ok for me. The tips could be a bit bigger as Jimmy-D states although still good. I have the ceramic coated (I think that's what it's called) finish.

Need more time with it (<100 miles so far) to give a more meaningful review.
Attached Images  
Old 12-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Ducktail
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dundon under the Christmas tree (accidentally received two left bypass pipes, receiving the correct part tomorrow), the product is really beautifully made, my tree has never sounded this good!

The following users liked this post:
mithiral67 (03-09-2022)
Old 12-22-2017, 09:48 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by goin2drt

I just installed mine on my .1. It is absolutely amazing and you will love it. It sounds SO good.
Couple questions - Is this the longer tip iteration??? Also - do you find it high pitched or does it have some good bass to it???
Old 12-22-2017, 09:56 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Higher pitched sound for the RSS
Old 12-22-2017, 10:14 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Couple questions - Is this the longer tip iteration??? Also - do you find it high pitched or does it have some good bass to it???
Regular tip. They are doing the longer tip for the .2 as the rear diffuser comes out a little more. No high pitch at all. It is a growl. Maybe if you also did the side muffler delete it would go higher pitch but this does not. In non sport mode when the car shifts really early it sounds very similar to stock.

Just did a really nice 250 mile run with it. On the freeway and through town it was great. Wife and I could carry on a conversation and listen to Xmas music. When we got in the canyons, sport mode on you just want to roll down the windows and listen to that music.

I am very happy with my choice. On my Turbo it took three tries to get the right exhaust. I nailed this one first try.
The following users liked this post:
rhk118 (09-21-2020)

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for a 991.2 GT3