Sponsored by:

Brewster Green GT3 Touring

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 02:49 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Many pictures online make seeing the real life differences among Irish Green, British Green, and Brewster Green difficult.

Under different lighting and with different exposure, filters (polarizers), white balance and exposures, one could be fooled into thinking Irish is darker than Brewster, which it isn’t.

Here are some pics I took of samples at PEC Atlanta under same light with pro dSLR camera in RAW format and not edited except to ensure proper exposure and white balance....

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-and-pics.html
Thanks for that link. My problem with those samples is that its hard (for me at least) to extrapolate it onto the whole car in my head. I kind of need to see a full car painted to know whether the colour works for me or not. In the absence of anything else, however, these samples are helpful.

Originally Posted by PTSRS
Having seen Irish, BRG, and Brewster samples in person, my new favorite is Brewster as well.

Please keep us posted on your car. Cheers

Will
After this initial burst of excitement it will now be some time before the car is built and I actually get to see it. Will definitely update when I can, however.
Old 11-20-2017, 05:29 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by PTSRS
Having seen Irish, BRG, and Brewster samples in person, my new favorite is Brewster as well.

Please keep us posted on your car. Cheers

Will
Have you seen Oak Green Metallic in person? If yes, then how do you rank it vs the above greens listed?
Old 11-20-2017, 02:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman

This black one below looks awesome. Its one of the highlights of the touring for me is that the cars hips aren't 'hidden' by the wing. Whilst I think the black looks good, I just think the green colour is more interesting. Having said that, I dont think there are any bad choices.

Pretty sure that's DBM, rather than black, no?
Old 11-20-2017, 10:23 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Pretty sure that's DBM, rather than black, no?
I think you are right.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:05 PM
woohoo
Track Day

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice spec. There surely wont be too many (any ...) other green Touring in Australia? Look forward to pics when it arrives.

Last edited by woohoo; 11-22-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2017, 05:30 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Leather Seat Centers

It appears that you have the option for leather seat centers. My dealer tells me that option is not available in the US. In the US all Touring cars must have cloth centers in the seats. Does anyone know different?
Old 11-23-2017, 10:28 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by woohoo
Nice spec. There surely wont be too many (any ...) other green Touring in Australia? Look forward to pics when it arrives.
Thanks. I have no idea how many Tourings there will be in Australia, let alone green ones. I think its fair to say I am unlikely to see my twin on the road. Will definitely post up pics when I take delivery.

Originally Posted by dbrsfo
It appears that you have the option for leather seat centers. My dealer tells me that option is not available in the US. In the US all Touring cars must have cloth centers in the seats. Does anyone know different?
You can't option the leather seat centers with the Touring. When you option them it removes the Touring package.
Old 11-29-2017, 07:10 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Ok, so after looking at a lot of pictures of both Brewster Green and Oak Green Metallic cars, I have changed my colour to Oak Green Metallic.

I just think that the Oak looks better in more light conditions than Brewster does, and will end up looking better more often. Particularly as Brewster needs to be perfectly clean to look good, and Im not a religious washer of my car.

Pete Stout sent me quite a few photos of his car (Oak 991.2 Carrera - thanks once again Pete), and I agree with his statement that its a bit of a chameleon colour that comes up differently depending on the lighting.

I think its stunning!

Some of the photos that swung it for Oak:

Not sure if this one is confirmed oak? (and some editing obviously done)

Name:  07sYP75.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  57.8 KB
Old 11-29-2017, 07:25 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Ok, so after looking at a lot of pictures of both Brewster Green and Oak Green Metallic cars, I have changed my colour to Oak Green Metallic.

I just think that the Oak looks better in more light
+1 that is my favorite so far on greens for Porsche

Recently saw Emerald green online, check it here you may like it
View this post on Instagram
Old 11-29-2017, 08:18 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 506 Likes on 323 Posts

Since the 80's, I dream of an Oak green Porsche, so I'm always pleased when a new one is ordered.
Old 11-29-2017, 11:54 AM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 100 Posts

+1 for Oak Green. I have always liked it. Considered a few other greens including Aventurine which I also like. Ultimately chose Oak for my PTS car which should allegedly arrive third week of January.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:28 PM
Siriuslux
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nice indeed, and we can also aee the ticket the owner in Munich got for parking in the wrong spot.
Old 11-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Good decision OP. I wasn't going to say anything, but Oak to me is more classic Porsche and Brewster is more Jag. I'm not sure why, but when I see Oak green, it reminds me of old 911s. Just a classic looking green.
Old 11-29-2017, 02:21 PM
St8haus
Racer

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts

Brewster is an amazing color that really changes with light...but let me tell you I have never had a more difficult color to keep clean!! I swear the dust is drawn to the paint like a magnet.

Still going with Oak? Great looking color!!

Old 11-29-2017, 02:50 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

I just think that the Oak looks better in more light conditions than Brewster does, and will end up looking better more often. Particularly as Brewster needs to be perfectly clean to look good, and Im not a religious washer of my car.

Pete Stout sent me quite a few photos of his car (Oak 991.2 Carrera - thanks once again Pete), and I agree with his statement that its a bit of a chameleon colour that comes up differently depending on the lighting.

I think its stunning!

You are welcome, and congrats! I didn't want to sway you, because to be honest I still go back and forth. Be prepared to do so—as both Oak and Brewster are stunning.

Funny about the photos above. I looked at all the same ones except WR's Oak 911R, as my car was in process before I saw pics of it. The R that looks dead green is, I think, Oak, and was one of the ones that sold me on Oak. That and the Ruf Rt35—though I cannot guarantee it is the same paint code or supplier. Would be interesting to find out.

One thing is I am not sure ^ "M XR 991" is Oak. Might be Jet Green or Forest, or the photos may have color shift. Would be curious if anyone can confirm?

Quick Reply: Brewster Green GT3 Touring