Sponsored by:

.1 GT3 Meet .2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 11:15 PM
Scott bowling
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C2Spin
Yeah, but apparently they €™re normal. As I understand it there is moisture in the paint under the white protective wrap put on by Porsche. When you take off the wrap wherever there were wrinkles/creases you have those in the paint. Apparently, you give it a few days after the wrap is removed and it clears up. I think BG (Chris) will want to hold on to your car for a few days to have that clear up before delivery; my guess.
have you researched this, this is a little scary
Old 11-17-2017, 06:43 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Somewhat. It is a known issue by Porsche and Porsche even released a document on it to the dealers. Chris is aware.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:53 AM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Beauty,enjoy
Old 11-17-2017, 05:52 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

was wondering the alignment on the .1 vs the standard .2 and if you feel the track alignment affects the way it tracks on the street ?thanks
Old 11-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts

Congratulations man! I'm sure you are going to get tons of enjoyment out of it. Can't wait to see the design come together!
Old 11-17-2017, 07:22 PM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougr743
was wondering the alignment on the .1 vs the standard .2 and if you feel the track alignment affects the way it tracks on the street ?thanks
Good question. Not sure. I am going to have that checked out when I get Track alignment on .2. Will do a before and after measurement on ground clearance at front lip.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:41 PM
Unconscionable
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

It's funny. I can't really say the .2 looks better than the .1. The front air ducts are different and the wing is a little different, but it's certainly not a better design. Maybe a lateral move.

Congrats, by the way.
Old 11-19-2017, 06:49 PM
Scott bowling
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Took delivery of .2 GT3 last weekend and took a few side-by-side photos.

The .2 was on its way to Esoteric Detail for an appointment with Todd's team. Car is there now getting the new car prep done as well as PPF, window tinting and graphics applied. A shout out to the NS2 Media team (Nick and Anthony) for helping me with the design. More pics will be posted to the 991.2 GT3 Pictures thread when the car is complete in a few weeks (yes, that's killing me, but have to be patient).

One thing I noticed when the two were side-by-side and that is the .2 has 1/2" more ground clearance at the front lip than the .1. Confirmed both lifts were down, any delivery 'stuff' in .2 suspension was removed. The .1 does have a track alignment with some negative camber, but thinking that's not affecting it. Anyway, may have to lower it a bit (what can be done with stock suspension) to get a bit more aggressive look.

A heads up...more to come...re: paint imperfections. I will let the experts submit a post with more details in the coming days. Without keeping you in suspense....appears to be normal and self-correcting. We'll see.
any update on the paint, has any of the lines faded
yet?
Old 11-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Firstly, Andy the RY car is stunning I know you cannot wait to get your hands on it. It's going to be worth the wait.

Yeah, but apparently they €™re normal. As I understand it there is moisture in the paint under the white protective wrap put on by Porsche. When you take off the wrap wherever there were wrinkles/creases you have those in the paint. Apparently, you give it a few days after the wrap is removed and it clears up. I think BG (Chris) will want to hold on to your car for a few days to have that clear up before delivery; my guess.
Just an add-on to this issue. I've had the same happen and the moisture is gradually dissipating but its taking time. The couple of days that Porsche mention isn't quite the case. It's been 6 days for mine and its still not quite perfect on the rear wheel arches. I've decided to hold off the ceramic coat treatment for another week as it may hamper the moisture from disappearing.

Quick Reply: .1 GT3 Meet .2 GT3