Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Incoming 991.2 GT3 - Touring Pack or No Touring Pack? Exhaust? Help with Spec

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2017, 02:45 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts
Default Incoming 991.2 GT3 - Touring Pack or No Touring Pack? Exhaust? Help with Spec

I recently got my GT3 allocation confirmed and I am finalizing my spec and had a few questions please.

I am 100% going for manual, but I am really torn between the touring pack and the winged GT3.

I will keep this car for the long term unless I have the opportunity to trade this car in for a GT3 RS in 2019. I would like to opt for something that will be considered quite rare and special that my kids will enjoy one day.

I know many people will want to post that I should just buy what I like the most, but the reality is I love both options for opposing reasons. I like the touring because it is very understated and I like the GT3 because it looks mean and aggressive with the wing. Both are special to me. The GT3 thrills me more than the touring but the touring seems like an ideal partner to the Gt Silver 2RS (Color still undecided but 90%). I don't have an unlimited budget and my objective is to enjoy amazing cars whilst hoping to benefit from little if any depreciation over the long term.

In either option, I will likely be going for dual titanium/gunmetal decal stripes on a black exterior with Titanium wheels. There is a huge amount of red in the 2RS so I would prefer a very different feel inside and like matching the stitching and belts to the calipers.

My ideal spec is:
Metallic Jet Black
Dark Platinum Wheels
Dark Matching Platinum Stripes
PCCB
Yellow Stitching
Yellow Belts
LWB
Full Leather/Alcanatra
No Plastic
Smoking Back
PDLS (Black?)
Front Lift
Reverse Camera
Carbon Mirrors
Chrono

Does anyone know what percentage of orders are of the touring variant? Is it considerably more rare than its winged brother?

Is it not possible to get yellow stitching on a touring car?

What is the best exhaust for this car? I am looking for an amazing scream without too much drone, a sound that will make the 2RS jealous

Can the same exhaust likely be used on the 3RS when it comes out?

Silver trim around windows? I would go black unless this is important to have on a touring.

Black LEDs on a black Exterior? Good or bad idea?

Porsche Crest on Armrest or too much branding?

How long does PTS add to the delivery time if I have a Q1 2018 car? Love Carbon Grey or a similar dark grey.

Advice is much appreciated.

P.S. Why don't Porsche offer any gunmetal greys on any GT cars?
Attached Images    

Last edited by BrntRubber; 11-14-2017 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 PM
95spiderman
Burning Brakes

Received 148 Likes on 95 Posts

imo any 911 looks like its castrated without a wing. gt3 even more so but its only a matter of taste unless you plan on tracking it to its max potential.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:20 PM
zmon
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 78 Posts

Rennlist, can you buy my car for me?!?

hah dont get why people cannot pick out colors and options for their own cars.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:34 PM
theplanner
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zmon
Rennlist, can you buy my car for me?!?

hah dont get why people cannot pick out colors and options for their own cars.
Market research I call it with an end goal in mind. Not buying for onself but for the perservation of its “perceived” value based on market preference.

At least he is upfront about it....
Old 11-14-2017, 05:02 PM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

It can get tiring explaining to people what makes this 911diffeeent than all the other ones, they all look the same. With the wing that question does not come up.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 PM
bruce987
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Without the wing it's not a GT3... in fact Porsche should take the badge off if ordering the touring package. It's what make the GT3 what it is... street legal race car based on their GT3 Cup/RSR cars... and those would look stupid without the wing. If you don't like the wing, get a TT.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:55 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 95spiderman
imo any 911 looks like its castrated without a wing. gt3 even more so but its only a matter of taste unless you plan on tracking it to its max potential.
I understand your point of view. Can’t something be said for being understated?I love the wing but can also appreciate the performance without the bravado.

Both options have good qualities.

Originally Posted by ohniner
It can get tiring explaining to people what makes this 911diffeeent than all the other ones, they all look the same. With the wing that question does not come up.
I can imagine lol... To be fair I think most people wouldn’t even ask if it didn’t have dual stripes. They would just assume it’s a standard 911. The wing certainly does clear that up.

Originally Posted by bruce987
Without the wing it's not a GT3... in fact Porsche should take the badge off if ordering the touring package. It's what make the GT3 what it is... street legal race car based on their GT3 Cup/RSR cars... and those would look stupid without the wing. If you don't like the wing, get a TT.
I am not sure if you mean turbo or Audi TT. Assuming you mean the turbo, it is great in a straight line but that’s it. I find it cold, with little emotion and disconnected from the road. Not a fan, not to mention it doesn’t look that great either imho.

Please also keep in mind there will be a GT2 RS in the garage. The only thing stopping me from ordering it in black is I don’t want to take away any of the features and carbon pieces. It will look like a full on track beast!
Old 11-14-2017, 06:04 PM
Seth Thomas
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 121 Posts

Exhaust. IF you are looking for something with a wicked sound and no drone the best system I have found for the money is the Dundon Motorsports headers and muffler setup. It is awesome sounding with no drone. My wife doesn't even know it is on the car when we take the RS for date night
Old 11-14-2017, 06:08 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Seth Thomas
Exhaust. IF you are looking for something with a wicked sound and no drone the best system I have found for the money is the Dundon Motorsports headers and muffler setup. It is awesome sounding with no drone. My wife doesn't even know it is on the car when we take the RS for date night
Does swapping headers impact the warranty?
Old 11-14-2017, 06:13 PM
destaccado
Rennlist Member

Received 414 Likes on 258 Posts

Not all of us want the tweener GT3 wing.

Go big or go home. In other words - get the RS or get the touring package.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:45 PM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
I have a CPO car with headers/ exhaust....so no....
Old 11-14-2017, 07:12 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

If the modification can be traced back to the root cause of the problem, then won’t be covered under warranty.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:21 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Coming from a 991.1 Turbo and 991.2 Turbo S the Touring option fits my idea of a street living GT3 perfectly.

I guess the wannabe boy-racer in all of us speaks louder to some than others and that's ok.

Old 11-16-2017, 04:07 AM
Jamie@dundonmotorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 354 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by BrntRubber
What is the best exhaust for this car? I am looking for an amazing scream without too much drone, a sound that will make the 2RS jealous

Can the same exhaust likely be used on the 3RS when it comes out?
My personal car has been in multiple times for warranty work without issue. It's best to discuss this with your local service manager. Feel free to give us a call/email to discuss your options, race or catted, with or with out a lifetime muffler, quiet or loud!

Our exhaust give great power gains, sounds awesome and no drone. Check out the videos in the blog area of our website:

http://www.dundonmotorsports.com/blog

The same exhaust can likely be used on the 991.2 GT3RS as long as they keep a flat 6 in it and the location in the chassis is the same...

Jamie
jamie@dundonmotorsports.com

www.dundonmotorsports.com
Facebook.com/dundonmotorsports
Instagram @dundon_motorsports
Old 11-16-2017, 05:28 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 422 Likes on 250 Posts

i save you a lot of wasted time

buy what you like more

Quick Reply: Incoming 991.2 GT3 - Touring Pack or No Touring Pack? Exhaust? Help with Spec