Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991R vs 991.2 GT3 Touring

Old 12-22-2017, 07:45 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by destaccado
Cool. Get in line to take your swing. Your car isn't that special anymore and the value is gonna keep declining because of it. If you want to argue with a specific point I made than feel free to quote me like I've done with numerous people here that ran their mouth without even a hint of research. Otherwise it's just baseless nonsense because you're upset I pointed out reality.
What reality you talking about? The Fake Reality kind?

Footsoldier drives the **** out of the 911R. Think he cares about declining value? Nope.

I drove my car a ton also. I am also the side that the car is over valued. I am pretty much trying to topple the 'VALUE' of the 911R even as a owner who bought at MSRP. So where do that puts me?

Like him, there is no chance for me to sell it. It's a special car within Porsche's history. So whatever the value goes up or down makes no difference. Actually it does, if the value goes down my insurance on it goes down too.

Reality is that those that own a 911R don't give a hoot about value. We buy cars to drive. Period. Cars are pretty much last on the list for investments. We have way too many cars and simply don't care. Do Bill Gates care about Microsoft's stock price?
Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,146 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by tims16m
I'm not much interested in carrying on with this thread, but I thought I would least help you in understanding the terminology that you are obliterating. First, there is a difference between objective vs subjective statements. If you don't know the difference, I would implore you to consult a dictionary or maybe use the internet which you are accustomed to. An OBJECTIVE claim or statement would refer to something which can be quantified in a measurable and reproducible result that can be used as a data point to support the claim as fact. SUBJECTIVE claims are statements not based in fact and more relevant to a personal observation. So when someone is saying one car is louder than the other, unless there is data to support the statement it would be considered subjective. I did not see any data i.e. decibel readings which would substantiate a result. Therefore, my SUBJECTIVE observation would be considered an opinion, as well as Top Gear and Whoopsy. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Sorry everyone, just seems sort of scary when he doesn't understand the difference between an opinion and fact.
What else can you expect from someone who lives in his own fake reality?
Old 12-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,719 Likes on 912 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
That's the million $ question isn't it?

It happened on the way down. I didn't go to jail and also made it home!

They were looking for us all morning, some truckers called us in when we left Jackpot. He had to write a ticket but it was for 10 over.
Ha. I trust you guys were a regular menace to society.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:35 PM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Guys - first rule of the internet, don’t engage with the trolls.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:47 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Bardman
Guys - first rule of the internet, don’t engage with the trolls.
User Control Panel > Settings & Options > Edit Ignore List

But when I see someone who doesn’t own a GT3 or an R chasing away contributors who have real world perspectives to share, well... I guess there’s bait we’ll all rise to.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:19 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Poor thread, got turned into something else, totally.
Old 12-22-2017, 10:22 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no idea where this thread is going. Can we just agree they are two very similar, yet slightly different cars?

Whoopsy said they have slightly different feels based partially on the different suspension setups.

R is an icon, yet arguably a slightly tarnished one in term of Porsche history.

Touring has arguably a better engine and aero, yet isn't a limited edition, and doesn't have some of the special parts that make an R what it is.

Does it matter either way? It's like a death match between amazing car A and amazing car B.

Anyone that gets to enjoy either - or both - is a winner.

Leaving now. I'll get my coat...
Old 12-22-2017, 10:50 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

No because that doesn't explain the 150k price difference and you're gonna make some R owners upset. Take another sip of the Kool-Aid and get on board.
I'm not so sure in the case of the original R owners who held on. They to me - and surely to Porsche - are the ultimate enthusiasts. Porsche gave them a nice present, yet they didn't turn around and sell it on eBay the next day. That's pretty cool.

Those who bought in the secondary market are either enthusiasts who got what they wanted and don't care about the price, enthusiasts who thought they could make a buck (and got there fingers burned), or non-enthusiasts (who also got their fingers burned). Distinguishing between these groups requires prosecuting intent, though. How can we ever pretend to know another's intent?

Do not ascribe to others motives meaner than your own. That phrase tends to to keep me from getting out over my skis. Not always, but often.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:02 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

On top of that I saw it at the Frankfurt auto show and have probably done more research on it than you have.
Yep, you clearly have me beat.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:51 AM
StudGarden
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 27 Posts

Just wait til we get the ".2GT3 vs 718GT4" threads when and if it has the "same engine"
Old 12-23-2017, 03:20 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Wishful thinking but not gonna happen. Putting the same engine from the 991.2 GT3 on the 718 GT4 will be a catastrophic error on Porsche should they do that.

Mid-engine is the ideal location for racing/track cars. At best 718 GT4 will have a detuned flat-six engine from the GT3.

LINK:

http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/porsche-718-cayman-gt4-will-get-its-flat-six-and-six-speed-manual-back

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by StudGarden
Just wait til we get the ".2GT3 vs 718GT4" threads when and if it has the "same engine"
Old 12-23-2017, 03:33 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

There's a lot more to Rennlist than the overpriced 991 R and its sanctimonious speculator ownership group (specifically referring to the seeming majority who spend more time posting about the car then actually driving it)

The real irony is that you can't see the hypocrisy in your own post.
You just don't get it do you? hopefully at some point the feedback from many on the forum, will help you open your eyes to how misguided your approach is.

Anyway, my mistake for engaging in this pointless exercise, you seem to live for the argument.. you win, keep spewing your silliness with everybody and making each thread you participate in, miserable. there is room in forums for all types.

Ps: I've probably got more track miles in a 911R than most in the world, and quite a few road miles. You're right, I don't own one, but as a test driver for a small manufacturer, ive enjoyed occasionally sharing my insights without ever putting anyone's baby down, hurting any feelings, or overplaying my hand. I listen more than I talk, and I don't argue pointlessly with people.
I'm sure you'll have plenty to reflexively say back to me.. knock yourself out mr distaccato... yes, the irony runs deep.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:51 AM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
You just don't get it do you? Anyway, my mistake for engaging in this pointless exercise, you seem to live for the argument.. you win, keep spewing your silliness with everybody and making each thread you participate in, miserable. there is room in forums for all types.
Apparently little has changed in the last three years. I found thus post from a previous thread amusing. Puts it in perspective:
https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=222
History repeating... trolls will be trolls.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:29 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I think most people that want a manual ....

Let me know when the GT3 is offered with factory plastic wing delete.
I have to say that was pretty prescient for 10/2014 destaccado.
Old 12-23-2017, 05:41 AM
rickman_fr
Rennlist Member

Received 283 Likes on 83 Posts

Most of the owners I Know here un France don’t care about if the Touring is better than the R or not.
they take their pleasure in Driving their cars on our fabulous twisty roads until we are allowed to do ! Everything else doesn’t matter.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991R vs 991.2 GT3 Touring