Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Glad to hear it Mayur. Was suspecting/hoping you would say this
Old 11-18-2017, 05:20 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
I know what I'm about to state may be a bit controversial but here goes.
I love the extra analogue layer that the manual box adds as it REALLY changes the drive entirely. For my purposes, it changes it for the better!
Dare I say it, it’s more fun than the RS was!!!!! It's just more engaging and has me connect with bits of my senses which had either got dull or forgotten altogether.
The engine and sound from the get go is entirely different and just glorious.

Until recently I had been questioning my decision of selling the RS. Now, ZERO regrets! I'm a happy camper.
Great to see that post as I will be in similar shoes like yours. And congrats on a beautiful spec!!
Old 11-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I know what I'm about to state may be a bit controversial but here goes.
I love the extra analogue layer that the manual box adds as it REALLY changes the drive entirely. For my purposes, it changes it for the better!
Dare I say it, it’s more fun than the RS was!!!!! It's just more engaging and has me connect with bits of my senses which had either got dull or forgotten altogether.
The engine and sound from the get go is entirely different and just glorious.

Until recently I had been questioning my decision of selling the RS. Now, ZERO regrets! I'm a happy camper.
Great to hear.

There's something so powerful about being able to feel the machine, not just drive it fast.
Old 11-18-2017, 08:45 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

I am adamant Manual guy but ordered a .1 GT3 back in 2013. PDK-S is phenomenal. I love it and think it makes driving fast, managing thru traffic, drinking my morning Java -just easier. It is hard not to become addicted to it. But after 18-20 months I just felt I was missing some thing. Hence, I traded for a GT4 and never looked back. i have a DD for all of the things mentioned above

What I am saying; for all the converts from Manual to PDK- once you get another taste of a Manual it would be not hard to realize the connectiveness that rowing your own gears with 3 peddles transcends upon you. But - for tracking - I get the preferred transmission and, rightfully so, if lap times is your end game
Old 11-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcam
Perfect time to teach them how to drive a stick!
Oh, we've already discussed it! The eldest fellow just turned 13 and is super eager.

Originally Posted by tasman
Glad to hear it Mayur. Was suspecting/hoping you would say this
Due to my injured ankle issues, I was a bit worried that the clutch would be overly stiff like my 997.2 GT3 was. I took a chance on this car and find the clutch just perfect in pressure and bite. Its magnificent.
I also realized how much I had missed having a real **** to grasp and shift! That may not read as it is intended to!

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Great to see that post as I will be in similar shoes like yours. And congrats on a beautiful spec!!
You my friend, are in for a treat! This car in manual makes your feel alive, and as a Heineken advert in Europe quoted (now modified) "It refreshes the parts that other PDK GT3's just cannot reach! "
Originally Posted by Argon_
Great to hear.
There's something so powerful about being able to feel the machine, not just drive it fast.
Agree. You feel the torque and mechanical movement of the car more intensely, and at lower speeds.

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I am adamant Manual guy but ordered a .1 GT3 back in 2013. PDK-S is phenomenal. I love it and think it makes driving fast, managing thru traffic, drinking my morning Java -just easier. It is hard not to become addicted to it. But after 18-20 months I just felt I was missing some thing. Hence, I traded for a GT4 and never looked back. i have a DD for all of the things mentioned above

What I am saying; for all the converts from Manual to PDK- once you get another taste of a Manual it would be not hard to realize the connectiveness that rowing your own gears with 3 peddles transcends upon you. But - for tracking - I get the preferred transmission and, rightfully so, if lap times is your end game
Jimmy, I do think that the lightening quick shifts that result from PDK cannot be matched by the average driver (me being one of them), but for that there is a price. IMO, it is a significant reduction in visceral feel.
Frankly, its something I had forgotten about. I also think that over the 4 odd years of PDK GT car ownership (GT3/GT3RS), some of my my driving senses got dulled and pulling paddles became the norm. Rowing gears faded away into the realms of analogue and engineering nostalgia. Into that chasm also went some of the driving skills that had been honed over the years. Experiencing this manual car has brought back not only the physical connection with a car but a new found appreciation and desire to regain lost or forgotten skills. It's a reconnect that I didn't know would be there and nor did I expect it. What a pleasant surprise!
Old 11-19-2017, 02:06 AM
NiteCrawlr
Racer

Received 261 Likes on 119 Posts

Oh, we've already discussed it! The eldest fellow just turned 13 and is super eager.

Due to my injured ankle issues, I was a bit worried that the clutch would be overly stiff like my 997.2 GT3
was. I took a chance on this car and find the clutch just perfect in pressure and bite. Its magnificent.
I also realized how much I had missed having a real **** to grasp and shift! That may not read as it is intended to!

You my friend, are in for a treat! This car in manual makes your feel alive, and as a Heineken advert in Europe quoted (now modified) "It refreshes the parts that other PDK GT3's just cannot reach! "

Agree. You feel the torque and mechanical movement of the car more intensely, and at lower speeds.

Jimmy, I do think that the lightening quick shifts that result from PDK cannot be matched by the average driver (me being one of them), but for that there is a price. IMO, it is a significant reduction in visceral feel.
Frankly, its something I had forgotten about. I also think that over the 4 odd years of PDK GT car ownership (GT3/GT3RS), some of my my driving senses got dulled and pulling paddles became the norm. Rowing gears faded away into the realms of analogue and engineering nostalgia. Into that chasm also went some of the driving skills that had been honed over the years. Experiencing this manual car has brought back not only the physical connection with a car but a new found appreciation and desire to regain lost or forgotten skills. It's a reconnect that I didn't know would be there and nor did I expect it. What a pleasant surprise!

Does anybody going back to a manual from a pdk .1gt3 or RS miss the fact that you can spend so much of your time so much easier in the higher rev ranges and shift so much more freely between the gears at higher RPM? Or do you just not need to do that anymore because of the added torque of the .2? I definitely miss heel toe’ng in a manual and if I could have both a pdk and a manual I would, but I really can’t justify (single guy) having 3 cars and I don’t enjoy daily’ing a GT3.

BTW carmine looks AMAZING. My fav out of all the pics so far.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:18 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
Wow. $285k for a 2016 RS with 1.5 years expired factory warranty. Good luck.

Anyone know what color this is?

Jim
Old 11-19-2017, 04:57 AM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4

Jim
Most Likely PTS signal yellow
Old 11-19-2017, 06:56 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4

Jim
Signal Yellow
Attached Images     
Old 11-19-2017, 08:36 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Riz
Looks like bloody liver - not for me thank you. As long as the owner likes it, that is what matters.
As it should....compared to the washed out 80's faded look of guards red...

Looks fantastic...
Old 11-20-2017, 08:04 AM
rm21
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mayur - car looks great. For my .2 it was between CR and GT Silver. Went the silver route but the pull of CR is strong. Enjoy!
Old 01-04-2018, 06:46 AM
8enny8lack
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I was told that the red stitching isn't particularly guards red (orangey), rather, a more neutral red between carmine and guards (in order to match both colors....actually more carmine than guards).
Oh god, I hope so, I went w the red stitching and the carmine interior color paint...

whoa, there was just an earthquake.
Old 01-04-2018, 10:03 AM
Argon_
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Word is out, next gen will not be N/A.

Make this machine a family heirloom.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:00 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 951 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I was told that the red stitching isn't particularly guards red (orangey), rather, a more neutral red between carmine and guards (in order to match both colors....actually more carmine than guards).
this is true. I have a new CR GT3.2 with red stitching. I immediately noticed when it arrived at the dealer that the red stitching was much more pale then my prior GT3.1 with red stitching. Much more understated. Its certainly red, but it doesn't pop like prior version. Your explanation above makes sense!
Old 01-04-2018, 01:50 PM
kbGT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
this is true. I have a new CR GT3.2 with red stitching. I immediately noticed when it arrived at the dealer that the red stitching was much more pale then my prior GT3.1 with red stitching. Much more understated. Its certainly red, but it doesn't pop like prior version. Your explanation above makes sense!
I agree with this. As you can see from pics of my Carmine 991.2 with red stitching, the value of the stitch and belt is a bit brighter than Carmine (mostly because of its shininess), and the hue is pretty dang close to a match. The end result is that, from both inside the car and with the door open from the outside, they look great together!

Cheers,

Kevin

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Carmine .2 GT3 manual - just off the transporter - pics