Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2017, 01:41 AM
Gesler
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 29 Posts

This is a funny forum. Sales guys come over and declare doom and gloom that there will be no more allocations. Now detailers come over and declare doom and gloom over the paint quality. Even if true, this is best stated by owners than someone with such blatant conflict of interest.

Felt good to read this response:

Originally Posted by dog bucks
NICE AD....Gotta be another non invasive way to scare up Biz VS< dickin with P car owners... none of which you could afford.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:25 AM
Andy81
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The OP is a poorly disguised marketing attempt, attempting to prey on buyers fear, and collapses under its own lack of reason and common sense:

1. Why would Porsche, one of the absolutely most respected and worshipped auto manufacturers in the world, with everything to lose, deliver anything but perfect paint finish on one of their absolute flagship models? Delivery pressure is of course not a reason for them to deliver anything but perfectly finished cars. Thats why we are waiting 11-14 months for our orders. There are absolutely no compromises made.

2. Why would you take your freshly delivered, brand new, 2018 GT3 to some local detailing garage who think they are understanding paint better than the 1000+ elite German engineers working full time to optimise this process day out and day in? The original paint finish has been applied by robots and thoroughly QCed, and contains much more than only the paint. It has been polished, buffed, protected, sealed and what not, with agents, and in a manner, uncomprehensible to anyone but Porsches own painting engineers or coating professionals or chemists.

3. If the paint job is anything but sub-standard upon delivery, simply point it out to your Porsche dealer and surely they will rectify it in accordance with absolutely specific standards issued by Porsche AG, and not some guy in a garage who has been watching how to polish on youtube and practiced on the neighbour´s pickup truck.

No, I'm not working for Porsche, and yes, I fiercely love the brand, and yes, I have worked in Germany and I can assure you that there is absolutely nothing random nor sub-standard about how a Porsche is designed, engineered, tested, painted and polished.

That was today´s rant, thank you.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:32 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by dog bucks
Put numbers and details up OR go the F*ck Away.... Bitch>>>
Mods, pls address this.
Old 11-12-2017, 06:36 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by Gesler
This is a funny forum. Sales guys come over and declare doom and gloom that there will be no more allocations. Now detailers come over and declare doom and gloom over the paint quality. Even if true, this is best stated by owners than someone with such blatant conflict of interest.

Felt good to read this response:
Originally Posted by Andy81
The OP is a poorly disguised marketing attempt, attempting to prey on buyers fear, and collapses under its own lack of reason and common sense:

1. Why would Porsche, one of the absolutely most respected and worshipped auto manufacturers in the world, with everything to lose, deliver anything but perfect paint finish on one of their absolute flagship models? Delivery pressure is of course not a reason for them to deliver anything but perfectly finished cars. Thats why we are waiting 11-14 months for our orders. There are absolutely no compromises made.

2. Why would you take your freshly delivered, brand new, 2018 GT3 to some local detailing garage who think they are understanding paint better than the 1000+ elite German engineers working full time to optimise this process day out and day in? The original paint finish has been applied by robots and thoroughly QCed, and contains much more than only the paint. It has been polished, buffed, protected, sealed and what not, with agents, and in a manner, uncomprehensible to anyone but Porsches own painting engineers or coating professionals or chemists.

3. If the paint job is anything but sub-standard upon delivery, simply point it out to your Porsche dealer and surely they will rectify it in accordance with absolutely specific standards issued by Porsche AG, and not some guy in a garage who has been watching how to polish on youtube and practiced on the neighbour´s pickup truck.

No, I'm not working for Porsche, and yes, I fiercely love the brand, and yes, I have worked in Germany and I can assure you that there is absolutely nothing random nor sub-standard about how a Porsche is designed, engineered, tested, painted and polished.

The op is a forum sponsor, and well known to many of us who send cars to him for work. The level of pure ignorance on display in these two posts, not to mention the dog bollocks dude who is about to be banned, is pathetic. You guys clearly have no clue, it’s that simple. I don’t want to dignify the idiocy of your posts any further except to sugges that before you post again, you spend some time on searching and learning.. the forum knowledge base will provide, even for you.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:42 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

don't feed the trolls
Old 11-12-2017, 08:48 AM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

We'll ultimately see how widespread (or isolated) any potential paint issues are when more cars are delivered and more owners post, but please understand this:

High end detailers need to put food on the table like the rest of us, but they are above all enthusiasts and would not invent issues that they hadn't actually seen. They're a community of stand-up people. You should meet a bunch. You will quickly understand.

High end Porsches have been delivered previously with marring, fresh from the factory. Golden Boy's video is by Larry Kossilla... another straight-talker who's showing real issues on a real car.

I've spoken to a dealer that has a track record of ordering interesting PTS cars, and they confirmed earlier this year that they now see it as the norm to have to correct significant marring (not deep scratches) on most of these cars.

My own GT4 had sanding marks in the wing. Fact.

I really hope there are isolated incidents, and believe they will be. Having said that I absolutely trust the source here.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

And as a formality.

I didn't say all cars will have the problems I have observed. The point was to not be surprised if yours does.

1. Because it's not possible. I have provided the evidence to show specifically how they have not, just as no manufacturer does. It's not a matter of neglect nor disregard for their customers. It's a matter of money, IMO. Every person touching the car is not a paint refinement veteran and it's clear based upon what actually shows up and what actual paint correction experts and even many owners(some of who are in this thread if you read it) have observed and documented. It's impossible to turn out perfect cars in the thousands. And because the actual number of Porsche buyers who will ever have an eye for it are so small, it makes no sense to spend a fortune "fixing" what many will see as a non-issue.

2. You don't just take your new Porsche to just "some local detailing garage". You locate an expert who actually does know how to finish down defects with regards to:
·What you see and don't like (don't make a mountain out of a client's mole hill for the sake of making more)
·Sensitivity to any budget set
·The long term integrity of the paint in mind

3. By all means try this. They already had a go at it. I am sure they'll get it right this time. Inhouse dealership detail shops have a reputation for excellence and doing what's in the owner's best interest. -it really is hard to say any of this with a straight face. While I am sure there are some that really try(I've seen them do so before it comes to me), it's a matter of fact that they are not going to pay a "detailer" who actually understands paint well enough to be considered an expert what they would demand in pay and in that case, they won't have a means to fix anything in this realm. A dealership will not be able to communicate what's really happening with a client's paint, the time required to fix the problem, the cost that there is no way around and then nail the results. It just is not in their wheelhouse. Period. If it was, I would not be in business.

It is not an unknown fact that I keep my family's and staff's mouths fed by offering solutions to these very concerns. This simultaneously helps keep Rennlist solvent and open which some may appreciate. It's not trickery that I am here and have a vested interest in my clients understanding a clear concern. But I am also ethical in how I care for my clients. They are educated about options and then they tell me how they would like to proceed. To the owner of this Carmine Red GT3 I am speaking of, I gave him the option for us to not even correct the defects once it was decontaminated and the defects were identified. I suggested that he could forego any coating or correction service. His response? "If it was yours, what would you do?" I told him and he said do it. If you don't like that, I don't know what to say.

This is not a poorly disguised marketing attempt. This is information that someone can accept or not. If you would like to refute the video, have at it but I will not respond as I have no evidence stronger than what is clearly a brand new '18 GT3 with heavy scratches, holograms, sanding marks, water spots and other defects showing clear as day in. a. video.

I've had Rennlisters from all over the world reach out to me via phone and email for help in matters I will never generate revenue from and every single one got my attention and honest .02 in their matter. Am I to blow a horn every time I help someone so that certain members do not feel as though they are being fleeced by a deceitful and evil detailer? Nah, that's okay. But maybe a bit more attention could be given to the help that is visible by looking at a post history. I've helped many here where I again have nothing to gain.

If you, or anyone, has a question about what I do know very well I am pleased to help. If I don't know, I'll say so. If you wish to debate what I happen to know very well, fire away.

Last edited by Detailed Designs; 11-12-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:36 AM
csfastp
Instructor

Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

My detailer did not want the dealership to wash the car only wanted them to remove plastic. After about 7 hours of work he said the car was as bad as he expected. The is the first GT3.2 he has done. It is now ready to go to Expel on Monday am for a complete wrap. So i don't about other GT3"s of the paint quality but mine was very bad.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:42 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

OP is advertising, sure.

But when I picked up my car in Germany from the ED showroom I made them take the car out back to address paint swirls, pain runners and scratches.

And I’m not a show car kinda guy, nor take a good look at new car paint or ever detailed one. Generally I’m a ignorance is bliss, drive it hard guy but this was incredibly bad.

Car came back an out later much better and I did paint fix before wrapping it.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:03 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

This thread could use some detailing. I have no problem with the OP, neither content nor intent. But I do have a problem with any uncivil and out of line postings. Strongly suggest moderators return this thread to something useful.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:08 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

I would suggest members here use the report button on questionable posts to alert moderators.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:37 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

When we take delivery we all check the car for various problem just as the dealer does. This is a product that will sit out in the blazing sun, rained on, driven through gravel, mud and other road debris. It’s designed for out door use in the worst of conditions.

Yet, a sponsor who has a financial interest in finding fault/defects post a warning of this sort. He’s playing to the **** owners fears. This is completely unnecessary. None of our cars will be perfect on delivery.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:14 PM
911dev
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

JC,

Thanks for taking the time...
Old 11-12-2017, 12:24 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Jean Claude is one of the top detailers in the country AND a forum SPONSOR.

http://detaileddesignsautospa.com/blog/

Him starting a thread pointing out car DEFECTS is totally within reason and appreciated.

As we all know, our beloved Porsche brand is FAR from perfect. Even with the all engineers one post mentioned. Hundreds of engineers and thousands of sales people and accountants. You tell me who has the final say and why some of these issues have come to be. A few paint defects is nothing compared to blown engines

Trust be, hundreds of engineers are not monitoring paint swirls and defects. Nor would Porsche invest 8 hours of perfect paint correction.

Jean Claude, is merely pointing out less quality control lately compared to previous cars he has seen. I am sure he is 110% correct.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:34 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

I do not believe the OP intent was self serving. Yes- he is a Sponsor here and he is entitled to market his services but he has been a great Contributor and I strongly feel his intent was to inform us all what he has been seeing with new deliveries. I think it was more of a "heads-up" guys I am seeing more cars landing that need some work". Logistically, he services a market down South so he is not going to scare me to ship him my car. We all have local Detailers.

Tough crowd on his forum. We should all be happy Porsche is pumping them out. I'd rather see them make a 1000 more cars if the only sacrifice is a little paint correction. Who would argue about that??

Quick Reply: Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.