Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 04:56 PM
Dougr743
Pro

Received 110 Likes on 74 Posts

my car came in end of dec and it was pretty much perfect, maybe they have focused on this
Old 01-19-2018, 12:50 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by 8enny8lack
*looks around

We ARE on the INTERNET, right?
Imagine being in a business where sharing your work/knowledge/content online was the primary means to gain new clients and you knew that every video or piece of content you shared was going to be drug through the mud by some measure...

Eventually, you get used to it...mostly.

Originally Posted by TurboDogue

my riviera car delivered in 2014 was awful. Had runs on the inside wall of the wheel well. Like someone sprayed too much paint, it ran and no one even bothered to buff it even with the reaming paint level before clear coat. Better not happen on my .2 at 13k PTS.
I really do wish you the best!!

Originally Posted by Dougr743
my car came in end of dec and it was pretty much perfect, maybe they have focused on this
Congrats! We just decontaminated an Alfa Romeo Guilia Quadrifoglio and it only needed corrective work on the rocker panels and a rock chip on the A-pillar(which was bizarre as we picked it up from the dealership in our enclosed trailer). An Italian car not requiring substantial paint correction even when brand new is crazy rare but it happens. Porsche definitely gets some of them to owners pretty okay. It's a roll of the dice.
Old 01-20-2018, 06:18 PM
Hermes911
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gesler
This is a funny forum. Sales guys come over and declare doom and gloom that there will be no more allocations. Now detailers come over and declare doom and gloom over the paint quality. Even if true, this is best stated by owners than someone with such blatant conflict of interest.

Felt good to read this response:
Agreed!
Old 01-20-2018, 10:22 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

With all due respect, no one has to accept the evidence that the potential for new cars to come with factory defects is present. But at this point, one can now see through feedback from owners, and pro's alike, to find that what I reported on from very early on in the deliveries of the .2 GT3's has been substantiated and not exaggerated. Isn't it reasonable for professionals to share their feedback with an audience? If a physician says I may require a procedure I do not exclaim how inappropriate it is that he expresses the concern as he benefits and that I will wait for someone who is experiencing the same illness to tell me. I rely on the expert for feedback, evidence and options. After that I consider if the source is qualified, then I can decide. But I don't see the subject expert as a snake in the grass. Personally, I view experts as a valuable resource as I recognize my limitations on most subjects. The others just like me(as one needing a procedure) likely are far from qualified to share accurate observations that can help me understand a situation fully or help me make a decision. This is the same reason I do not rely on those calling me to explain the exact condition of their car and what they believe is needed for prepping for a given service (and this is also part of the reason I take the time to report what I have found here as many feel that a "new car" is perfect, which is not an absolute). Quite frankly, it is unlikely they've the experience, knowledge or understanding to move a professional 1" closer to knowing what to expect. I imagine most here are professionals in their own trade/craft and have likely felt the same way about their own expertise. This isn't a slight...it's just good practice and a known reality to accept that despite their best intentions and efforts, most people don't know as much as they believe they know.

I do not mean to sound curt or nasty with anyone. It is important to me to respectfully respond to comments made in my direction and I hope this reads as a kind/informative response. And while some may prefer lower cost services than mine(I suppose for some, this is a deal breaker), I believe anyone that took the time to speak directly to me over a call would find I am a genuine person who does things the way I would want it on my own car and this is just how I am. I am a very certain way and my efforts are to give my best, be honest and help my clients find the best fit for them. The feedback I have given Rennlist for over 2 years via the forum and, literally, countless calls to personally assist members from all over the world would attest to this.

But I have ethically shared what I have observed in word with video/photo evidence and one can believe in this possible condition or not and act on it or not. My advice is to make a mental bookmark of it and consider possible paths one may take if it's a thing that would bother them should their GT3 come less than perfect so as to not be blindsided... but it's worth considering that aggravation in this matter just may be misdirected. I did not create any paint issues....I fix them for those who want me to and for those that don't, we do whatever else they want.

Kind regards,

Last edited by Detailed Designs; 01-21-2018 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-21-2018, 12:48 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Detailed Designs, thanks for your forum contributions

Very educational and a great resource.
Old 01-23-2018, 11:55 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

My man.. a question.

If one is doing European delivery, what are the critical areas to have PFF'd?.. considering it will have to be redone properly by a pro like yourself when it gets back.. but for real protection if we're going to do some serious driving (a few 1000km).

I'm thinking Door edges, fenders, Outside of Front Spoiler/Bumper, Front Hood, Mirrors, Roof edge... Any other critical areas which MUST be PFF'd on a 911?
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 AM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Why let this nonsense post a SCARE more than the initial play?

Originally Posted by Hermes911

Agreed!
So much agree with you....Mean to and with this design person and the intrusion..... , thanks for the supposed heads up......now just move on....we'll take care of the details and either ignore the dealer hype and terror and the detailer or get on it.....but stop with this "i'm just all offended crap"....you and your like are not all that.....if we need it we'll get to it.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:30 AM
dog bucks
Advanced

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs
With all due respect, no one has to accept the evidence that the potential for new cars to come with factory defects is present. But at this point, one can now see through feedback from owners, and pro's alike, to find that what I reported on from very early on in the deliveries of the .2 GT3's has been substantiated and not exaggerated. Isn't it reasonable for professionals to share their feedback with an audience? If a physician says I may require a procedure I do not exclaim how inappropriate it is that he expresses the concern as he benefits and that I will wait for someone who is experiencing the same illness to tell me. I rely on the expert for feedback, evidence and options. After that I consider if the source is qualified, then I can decide. But I don't see the subject expert as a snake in the grass. Personally, I view experts as a valuable resource as I recognize my limitations on most subjects. The others just like me(as one needing a procedure) likely are far from qualified to share accurate observations that can help me understand a situation fully or help me make a decision. This is the same reason I do not rely on those calling me to explain the exact condition of their car and what they believe is needed for prepping for a given service (and this is also part of the reason I take the time to report what I have found here as many feel that a "new car" is perfect, which is not an absolute). Quite frankly, it is unlikely they've the experience, knowledge or understanding to move a professional 1" closer to knowing what to expect. I imagine most here are professionals in their own trade/craft and have likely felt the same way about their own expertise. This isn't a slight...it's just good practice and a known reality to accept that despite their best intentions and efforts, most people don't know as much as they believe they know.

I do not mean to sound curt or nasty with anyone. It is important to me to respectfully respond to comments made in my direction and I hope this reads as a kind/informative response. And while some may prefer lower cost services than mine(I suppose for some, this is a deal breaker), I believe anyone that took the time to speak directly to me over a call would find I am a genuine person who does things the way I would want it on my own car and this is just how I am. I am a very certain way and my efforts are to give my best, be honest and help my clients find the best fit for them. The feedback I have given Rennlist for over 2 years via the forum and, literally, countless calls to personally assist members from all over the world would attest to this.

But I have ethically shared what I have observed in word with video/photo evidence and one can believe in this possible condition or not and act on it or not. My advice is to make a mental bookmark of it and consider possible paths one may take if it's a thing that would bother them should their GT3 come less than perfect so as to not be blindsided... but it's worth considering that aggravation in this matter just may be misdirected. I did not create any paint issues....I fix them for those who want me to and for those that don't, we do whatever else they want.

Kind regards,
Go away, your scare and unprofessional solicitations are unwanted.....we can take care of this without the repeated pleas for business.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:47 AM
dog bucks
Advanced

Paint is exceptional..... my GT 3 Miami with all black bitts arrived this week.....clean.....just smooth and all I want.......so happy, best to all of you! !
Old 01-24-2018, 12:50 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Designs

Kind regards,
As someone who admittedly thinks he knows more about detailing/paint correction than he does, I can say that I appreciate the highest of quality in those areas. Jean Claude is exactly THAT!
Thanks for the long but quality reply JC! I hope people appreciate it for what it is! (Kinda like your work! Lol).

Steve
Old 01-24-2018, 12:53 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by dog bucks
Go away, your scare and unprofessional solicitations are unwanted.....we can take care of this without the repeated pleas for business.
You're out of line.

He is not employing scare tactics, or pleas for business.
The guy is so busy he turns away more people than he takes in.

There are people who get it, and people who don't. You one who doesn't. It's not a big deal, your happy with what you're happy with. Others demand a higher standard. That doesn't make one person any better or worse than the other. Hell, I sometimes wish I was ok with a lesser standard, it would save me a lot of money and aggravation.

Good luck! ??
Old 01-24-2018, 01:42 PM
Detailed Designs
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG
Detailed Designs, thanks for your forum contributions

Very educational and a great resource.
Thanks for the kind words and you're welcome!

Originally Posted by CAlexio
My man.. a question.

If one is doing European delivery, what are the critical areas to have PFF'd?.. considering it will have to be redone properly by a pro like yourself when it gets back.. but for real protection if we're going to do some serious driving (a few 1000km).

I'm thinking Door edges, fenders, Outside of Front Spoiler/Bumper, Front Hood, Mirrors, Roof edge... Any other critical areas which MUST be PFF'd on a 911?
Full front clip, A-pillars, leading edge of the roof, rocker panels, door cups and additional pieces around fender openings. That's what's going on my euro-delivery M3 in March before I hit the streets. No chance I would drive without it. Door edges are optional as any damage would be due to negligence opening a door into something. :P

Originally Posted by SJJ28
As someone who admittedly thinks he knows more about detailing/paint correction than he does, I can say that I appreciate the highest of quality in those areas. Jean Claude is exactly THAT!
Thanks for the long but quality reply JC! I hope people appreciate it for what it is! (Kinda like your work! Lol).

Steve
My pleasure. I can't wait to see the new toy Steve!
Old 01-24-2018, 03:16 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Originally Posted by SJJ28
You're out of line.

He is not employing scare tactics, or pleas for business.
The guy is so busy he turns away more people than he takes in.

There are people who get it, and people who don't. You one who doesn't. It's not a big deal, your happy with what you're happy with. Others demand a higher standard. That doesn't make one person any better or worse than the other. Hell, I sometimes wish I was ok with a lesser standard, it would save me a lot of money and aggravation.

Good luck! ??
As expected.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:26 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

As expected.
yes.. that's because you are COMPLETELY out of line, your comments are unwelcome and borne of some strange internal issues which are yours and yours alone. This vendor, like many others here on Rennlist, provides us with completely free and valuable information. They pay to be here, and they can promote their product. Not only that.. but you are free to ignore any posting. I know that the best possible food for a negative person like yourself is to offer you attention, but you are so far out of line with your comments, that I feel compelled to let you know. No one can force you to be a decent human, but maybe a sense of dignity and acceptance in this high caliber of gearheads will drive you to take a minute before typing.

fingers crossed.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:57 PM
Benedict14
Burning Brakes

Received 291 Likes on 148 Posts

So much agree with you....Mean to and with this design person and the intrusion..... , thanks for the supposed heads up......now just move on....we'll take care of the details and either ignore the dealer hype and terror and the detailer or get on it.....but stop with this "i'm just all offended crap"....you and your like are not all that.....if we need it we'll get to it.

Enduring proof, that drinking and posting do not mix.

Quick Reply: Waiting on your GT3 to arrive? Prepare yourself.