Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Look at the 991.2 GT3 RS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Received 364 Likes on 158 Posts
Exclamation First Look at the 991.2 GT3 RS!

With news and spy-shots floating around of the 991.2 GT3 RS, and multiple requests rolling in from Rennlisters looking for some assistance in choosing their spec for the incoming 911 but nothing to base it on, we decided to create some speculative renderings of the upcoming car!

Seen here in Chalk Grey with Guards Red accents:

The front end sees the revised bumper from the 991.2 GT3, this time with a larger front splitter, and paint matched extensions. The carbon fiber front and rear fender extensions have been adopted from the GT2 RS, as have the prominent NACA ducts on the hood.

On the rear, the new taillights are featured, as well as a carbon fiber wing with paint matched side blades. There will likely be changes to the rear bumper and deck-lid as well, but no spyshots show any updates as of yet.

Let us know your thoughts! If you have a 991.2 GT3 RS on order and would like to begin the specification process, send us a PM and we can work on some custom color combinations for you. Interior renderings are available as well.

Enjoy!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

And here it is in White with PCCB's and a Speed Yellow roll bar:

Old 11-08-2017, 05:40 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Keep them coming..
Me hopes they will offer UV, hard blue, hard green and hard orange.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:44 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

I wish they would offer rimmed wheels....so damn sexy!
Old 11-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Fast Doc
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree that they have to have some "out there" colour choices as well
Old 11-08-2017, 05:54 PM
SanDiegoDavid
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts

Nice renders. The .2 should be sweet. The only thing I’m not sure about are the hood scoops, especially if they aren’t functional.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:55 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by NS2 Media
With news and spy-shots floating around of the 991.2 GT3 RS, and multiple requests rolling in from Rennlisters looking for some assistance in choosing their spec for the incoming 911 but nothing to base it on, we decided to create some speculative renderings of the upcoming car!

Seen here in Chalk Grey with Guards Red accents:

The front end sees the revised bumper from the 991.2 GT3, this time with a larger front splitter, and paint matched extensions. The carbon fiber front and rear fender extensions have been adopted from the GT2 RS, as have the prominent NACA ducts on the hood.

On the rear, the new taillights are featured, as well as a carbon fiber wing with paint matched side blades. There will likely be changes to the rear bumper and deck-lid as well, but no spyshots show any updates as of yet.

Let us know your thoughts! If you have a 991.2 GT3 RS on order and would like to begin the specification process, send us a PM and we can work on some custom color combinations for you. Interior renderings are available as well.

Enjoy!

Not a fan of black wheels but for a while now i kept saying if someone did to the wheels what you just did then it would look really nice just like the .2 gt3 black with red but instead silver, that is silver right?

Do you think the wheels would look good if they were gold and the outer line in silver?
Old 11-08-2017, 06:26 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Keep them coming..
Me hopes they will offer UV, hard blue, hard green and hard orange.
Can't agree more! It seems the 1970's are back at Porsche. I expect Miami Blue and Lava Orange as standard colors at the minimum. New colors would be cool too!

Originally Posted by neurotichamster8
I wish they would offer rimmed wheels....so damn sexy!
Agreed!

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Not a fan of black wheels but for a while now i kept saying if someone did to the wheels what you just did then it would look really nice just like the .2 gt3 black with red but instead silver, that is silver right?

Do you think the wheels would look good if they were gold and the outer line in silver?
I'm the same way. I can't stand black wheels, but for some reason when they have a thick silver lip I'm in love.

With a gold center and silver lip, it would be somewhat emulating a 2 piece BBS wheel. Sounds strange or "poser" at first, but I think it actually looks quite good! Here it is on Miami Blue:

Here it is on a GT2 RS rendering we did, but not with just a silver lip, but rather the entire barrel painted in silver:

Old 11-08-2017, 06:45 PM
wegentop
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

love the render in UV GT2rs, what is going to look like if with weissach pack ?
Old 11-08-2017, 07:44 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

can you P-shop in GT2RS front bumper?
GT3 bumper just looks too mild compared to the GT2RS wide mouth, IMHO.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:44 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 606 Likes on 371 Posts

Too bad you can't get those black headlights!
Old 11-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Rear deck should, i think, approximate the GT3.2 with two black intakes and not a single item.
Old 11-08-2017, 11:12 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Here it is on Miami Blue:

Here it is on a GT2 RS rendering we did, but not with just a silver lip, but rather the entire barrel painted in silver:
Was the barrel idea yours or was it an idea of a customer? I ask because i actually thought of that option as well. Both examples look good but i think the black with silver line works even better, cheers!
Old 11-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by wegentop
love the render in UV GT2rs, what is going to look like if with weissach pack ?
Can't be certain, but we're going to try a rendering that has the same style hood as the GT2 RS. Potentially, maybe Porsche inverts the scheme (i.e, the center strip is carbon and outer is paint) to keep the identity of the unique vehicles? We shall see!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:03 AM
Carrara Design
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mech33
Too bad you can't get those black headlights!
Right!

Originally Posted by Bruce R
Rear deck should, i think, approximate the GT3.2 with two black intakes and not a single item.
i think you will turn out to be correct. We decided to leave some of the finer details as they are based on the spy shots.

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
Was the barrel idea yours or was it an idea of a customer? I ask because i actually thought of that option as well. Both examples look good but i think the black with silver line works even better, cheers!
It was our idea for a special project, and funny enough- after we sent the renders the customer said he actually was thinking about doing it but was afraid it may look somewhat cheesy. Turned out to look pretty good in the renderings, so he'll be having them custom painted when the car arrives.

I agree with you though, can't go wrong with black and a machined lip! Works with any combo.

Quick Reply: First Look at the 991.2 GT3 RS!