Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 09:17 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Friend just called and told me configuration will open in February.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:55 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Can you trust this information?
Old 01-05-2018, 04:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

On the configurator before they reveal the car? That seems kind of backwards to me.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:42 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts
Default cleaning lady rumors...

Possibly the fourth cleaning lady

The cleaning lady (unsure which one) says that there is a forthcoming GT3 RS "Touring" in the pipeline. People, you might want to get on the wait list for this beast, I am. There is even talk that you will be able to option rear seats with it. No information yet whether or not there will be a manual option but because it is a "Touring" it stands to reason that a manual will be offered, possibly at an additional 10K cost. Also heard that PTS will jump to 25K on this very special model because of the extra nooks and crannies on the body. Porsche decided to still call it a GT3 RS much to the chagrin of the purists begging the question "is it a real GT3 RS". Marketing research indicates that it's value will at a minimum, are you sitting down, TRIPLE in the first 6 months, killing the 911R value let alone the GT3 Touring. In a first, this model will not be offered to the Porsche VIP's. Porsche wants you, the "average" customer to be able to treat this car as a real investment. This will be the ultimate Porsche sleeper because it does not have a wing, no one will know what the hell it is, just another ordinary Porsche. For the first time in an RS, you will definitely fly under the radar with this inconspicuous de-winged Porsche. Unfortunately, there is no information as yet on how many of these beauties Porsche plans to build. Also, are you ready for this, a bulletin just received by a different cleaning lady, maybe the fifth, suggests that Porsche Dealers have agreed unanimously to scrap ADM, or according to AP, risk losing their franchise.

Anyone else heard anything?

(Sorry, I am after all Canadian, too much time on my hands this afternoon, still waiting for my GT3)
Old 01-05-2018, 08:01 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Gt3rs with no wing? No ADM?............,,..
...,,,,,;;Fake news
Old 01-05-2018, 08:02 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nacelle
Possibly the fourth cleaning lady

The cleaning lady (unsure which one) says that there is a forthcoming GT3 RS "Touring" in the pipeline. People, you might want to get on the wait list for this beast, I am. There is even talk that you will be able to option rear seats with it. No information yet whether or not there will be a manual option but because it is a "Touring" it stands to reason that a manual will be offered, possibly at an additional 10K cost. Also heard that PTS will jump to 25K on this very special model because of the extra nooks and crannies on the body. Porsche decided to still call it a GT3 RS much to the chagrin of the purists begging the question "is it a real GT3 RS". Marketing research indicates that it's value will at a minimum, are you sitting down, TRIPLE in the first 6 months, killing the 911R value let alone the GT3 Touring. In a first, this model will not be offered to the Porsche VIP's. Porsche wants you, the "average" customer to be able to treat this car as a real investment. This will be the ultimate Porsche sleeper because it does not have a wing, no one will know what the hell it is, just another ordinary Porsche. For the first time in an RS, you will definitely fly under the radar with this inconspicuous de-winged Porsche. Unfortunately, there is no information as yet on how many of these beauties Porsche plans to build. Also, are you ready for this, a bulletin just received by a different cleaning lady, maybe the fifth, suggests that Porsche Dealers have agreed unanimously to scrap ADM, or according to AP, risk losing their franchise.

Anyone else heard anything?

(Sorry, I am after all Canadian, too much time on my hands this afternoon, still waiting for my GT3)
As much as I'd love that to be true, there's no way it could be true in the US. And let's say by some miracle it is, you'll still get dealers working around somehow to extract a ADM.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:10 PM
Nacelle
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 78 Posts

LOL Martin, there's a lot of good-natured BS in my post...

Seriously, it will be very interesting to see what suggested retail prices will be on the option list for this car, in particular PTS.
Old 01-05-2018, 08:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nacelle
LOL Martin, there's a lot of good-natured BS in my post...

Seriously, it will be very interesting to see what suggested retail prices will be on the option list for this car, in particular PTS.
I figured but still wanted to throw in my 2 cents. haha Anyhow, if they did raise PTS to $25k that would give me pause about getting PTS.
Old 01-06-2018, 04:42 AM
DK7
Burning Brakes

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Touring RS, i hope thats NOT true!!
Anyone else heard about it too?
Old 01-06-2018, 05:03 AM
boyko23
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 23 Posts

It was a joke, buddy
Old 01-06-2018, 05:04 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

IF there was a Touring RS offered....another stupid way to soften and dilute yet another iconic variant (i.e. GT3 Touring)
Old 01-06-2018, 06:23 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
On the configurator before they reveal the car? That seems kind of backwards to me.
I trust the source. Maybe I got backwards: maybe he meant that he could configure it in February. Anyhow: I was surprised to hear of an allocation and tried to verify with my dealer but dealer went on an early weekend.

I see it as a sign that it will be in Geneva.
Old 01-06-2018, 06:35 AM
Mika911
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I trust the source. Maybe I got backwards: maybe he meant that he could configure it in February. Anyhow: I was surprised to hear of an allocation and tried to verify with my dealer but dealer went on an early weekend.

I see it as a sign that it will be in Geneva.
I had spec'd my RS on the configurator before I went to see it in Geneva in 2015. Good opportunity to check the optional extras, so makes sense to put it on before.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:51 AM
karimgt3
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heard the same thing from my cleaning lady.. Bookings now open and configuration will be available in less than 2 months.. weird..
Old 01-06-2018, 09:13 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

What’s a “booking”?

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS