Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 08:43 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by Kobalt
The only thing is that you must remember to tell the PCM every time you turn on the ignition that you want to stay in track mode.
If you forget to do that then you are in relearning mode for quite a while. I don't use this feature any more.

A very good idea but so poorly implemented.
its easy to
miss because often you have a bunch of messages to “click away” so you really have to take your time to to that.
but when the pressures fall below 26PSI you STILL get the low pressure warnings! Even in circuit mode.
Old 12-24-2017, 08:56 AM
motorwerksgroup
Burning Brakes

Received 393 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Good way to describe it. On my GT3.1, it made so many awesome raw rattles/grinds that people often asked "is your car ok?". That will not happen on the GT3.2. its definitely more refined.
Quite honestly, I didn't care for the "marbles in a can" sounds that the .1 made. Sounded like sh*t was always broken.
Old 12-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
Quite honestly, I didn't care for the "marbles in a can" sounds that the .1 made. Sounded like sh*t was always broken.
Then you must really hate the Mezgers. I love the mechanical sounds. Part of the character of these cars. Taking that away neuters their character and charm just a bit imho.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:19 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,721 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by SEB74
Apparently the oem tire of the car will be dunlop sportmax race 2 instead mpsc2
Porsche always wants at least 2 tire vendors per vehicle. I bet they’ll have Michelin and Dunlop both...
Old 12-24-2017, 03:20 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Then you must really hate the Mezgers. I love the mechanical sounds. Part of the character of these cars. Taking that away neuters their character and charm just a bit imho.
I loved every little sound my .1 made, it makes you feel connected, I drove many sport cars that were way too quite and felt like luxury sedans.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:41 PM
SGS
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

agree completely
Old 12-24-2017, 04:02 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

+1
Old 12-25-2017, 12:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by SEB74
Apparently the oem tire of the car will be dunlop sportmax race 2 instead mpsc2
dont stress over it. they last 1500 miles so in a month you will have new tires.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:30 AM
C2Spin
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by SGS
agree completely
My .2 IS definitely more civil, less mechanical sounds than the .1. I am in the camp of more noise the more I feel connected. Loved the sounds of my 997.2 / 3. When I drove this past summer in a friend's GT4 Clubsport, I was tempted to consider that route as well. That was a race car (haven't driven in a cup car to compare), but awesome sounds. I may have to start ripping $h-t out of my .2 to hear more sounds.
Old 12-25-2017, 09:58 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
they gave out allocations already, huh? what dealer?

I guess Giuseppe beat me to it.

I'm #1 on the list at my local dealer and feel confident....why would they make 6000 .1RS (sorry Waxer) and limit the regular .2RS....only time they limited was with the 997 4.0, but even the regular 997 RS wasn't limited, was it?
Kf: if you got that information from wiki you are merely following the urban myth. That wiki information was likely sourced right here from Rennlist where that 6000 figure was bantered about substantially Without foundation or any basis whatsoever. Comically the outside world looks to this forum for accurate and authoritative information which many times is not so accurate or authoritative. Porsche never published Final production numbers on the .1RS.

however if you scour the various threads dealing with this issue you do come up with real information including data posted by Loess and together with what we know as the original intended production figure of 1500 worldwide, when the first production tronch ended, when continued production was announced, actual production window and production capabilities.

Crunching actual numbers worldwide production is around 3000. Give or take.

Only 1500 in U.S.

Last edited by Waxer; 12-25-2017 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:03 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

I prefer less fake mechanical noises. I don’t like rattles and random noises. It reminds me of driving a 360 Modena and comparing it to a 458. The 360 always felt and sounded like it was going to fall apart. If I want more noise I’ll just throw on some dundon race headers or an IPE exhaust. That is real noise. Not just noise panels or an engine that literally blows up. Give me a .2 GT3 in manual over random noises any day. The engagement with a manual will surpass any random noises.
Old 12-25-2017, 10:15 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Dr: I think you may be confusing fake exhaust sound piped into the cabin with mechanical engine sounds. I know of no way mechanical sounds can be faked.
Old 12-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

+1 for mechanical sounds. Hope the .2 gt3rs has more than the .1. My LFA you can literally hear every cog moving in every mechanical part as long as you are below 6000 rpm. After that the exhaust fully takes over until a gear change. Makes it feel special to me
Old 12-25-2017, 12:59 PM
SCCAForums
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 39 Posts

I'm not in the 'noise camp'... sorry been racing cars all my life... I don't want to hear noises that shouldn't be there. Go drive a Nissan GTR if you want to heaar a noisy DCT...

I couldn't be happier with my new GT3 6spd, super responsive, solid and incredible 'communication' from the manual, to the wheel, and the rear wheels.

Let's make sure the only noises are those you're supposed to hear, ie tires slipping out, engine revving etc... I don't need a noisy gearbox, or rear end whine.

The 997's and older all have their places, but evolution must move forward... says the guy who purchased a new manual.

Best Regards,
Dave
Old 12-25-2017, 01:14 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by SCCAForums
I'm not in the 'noise camp'... sorry been racing cars all my life... I don't want to hear noises that shouldn't be there. Go drive a Nissan GTR if you want to heaar a noisy DCT...

I couldn't be happier with my new GT3 6spd, super responsive, solid and incredible 'communication' from the manual, to the wheel, and the rear wheels.

Let's make sure the only noises are those you're supposed to hear, ie tires slipping out, engine revving etc... I don't need a noisy gearbox, or rear end whine.

The 997's and older all have their places, but evolution must move forward... says the guy who purchased a new manual.

Best Regards,
Dave
Well at least you still have that wonderful exhaust note!

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS