Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Old 02-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Nizer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BrntRubber View Post
Saffron looks like a nice yellow.

What is is it about the 3RS that makes everyone want crazy colours? I donít get it... lizard, ruby, acid green, UV, Lava... there are more people after loud colours for an RS than even Lambos. Donít get it. Is it to make the car stand out more?

I am genuinely asking the question because many people I know that love Porscheís like them because they are more understated.
https://www.total911.com/video-ride-...the-new-991-r/

Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 PM
hets72
Addict
Rennlist Member

Just downloaded latest issue of UK's Car Magazine on the Ipad and on Page 125 there is the new RS.2 in Green with 513 BHP and the UK price.... something must have gone really wrong with Porsche's Embargo..... interesting to see it side by side with the GT2...

Old 02-14-2018, 10:04 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wouldnít that percentage price increase for the RS imply a US price around $182k?? Seems low...
Old 02-14-2018, 10:14 PM
MM3.9GT3
Addict
Rennlist Member

What is is it about the 3RS that makes everyone want crazy colours? I donít get it... lizard, ruby, acid green, UV, Lava... there are more people after loud colours for an RS than even Lambos. Donít get it. Is it to make the car stand out more?

I am genuinely asking the question because many people I know that love Porscheís like them because they are more understated.
Not everyone. I prefer understated PTS colors. But, colors, like design/styling, is a very personal preference. The same applies to home exterior/interior design, clothes, watches etc.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:16 AM
binky
User

Looks like the base price with destination and gas guzzler will be right at 200k.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:25 AM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hets72 View Post
Just downloaded latest issue of UK's Car Magazine on the Ipad and on Page 125 there is the new RS.2 in Green with 513 BHP and the UK price.... something must have gone really wrong with Porsche's Embargo..... interesting to see it side by side with the GT2...
Great catch. Looks real deal.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:33 AM
fxz
Super User

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist hŲre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0 View Post

I believe they check how long it takes for heated seats to reach optimum *** temp after cold start.

Lol these go under
any excuse to ask your boss a testing mission abroad

another one

Hey boss the new green interior might get fading when too cold
Old 02-15-2018, 12:34 AM
MaxLTV
Addict
Rennlist Member

Part of it is tradition - the color thing started decades ago. For me (I'm on the bright colors side), it's about visibility. After a bunch of close calls with my silver and black cars, always with the same "Sorry, I did not see you there", eventually someone changed lanes into my jet black M3 because he did not see it from his truck. GT3 is even smaller, so I had to get a bright color. Guess what - no close calls since. Everyone sees it. A secondary point is that the car is "loud" as is - wing, engine noise, decals etc., so the color should be loud as well. Better to own it than half-arc it. It's like shaved head rather than comb-over argument.

But ultimately, whatever color makes you feel the best about the car is truly the best color for the car.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:10 AM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by binky View Post
Looks like the base price with destination and gas guzzler will be right at 200k.
How did you come up with that? A currency conversion (that never gives an accurate result)? I compared price to GT3 and got $182k which seems surprisingly reasonable.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:29 AM
Loess
User

96% of a Turbo S would be around $183. This does sound low. I donít think RSís have been more than the Turbo S though have they? I figured a 10% increase.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:56 AM
karimgt3
User

gt3rs only one going to the left..
Old 02-15-2018, 04:26 AM
Gravs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by karimgt3
gt3rs only one going to the left..
Lol very observant! I bet they downloaded the others from the configurator. GT3 RS only one not there so they got it off the press launch pack that is currently still embargoed!

A graphic designer could surely have done select image, flip though.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:39 AM
suffeks
New User

for all forex geniuses EU prices include tax, so take off 20% in the case of UK then convert to USD
Old 02-15-2018, 04:53 AM
NevB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice find!
Old 02-15-2018, 04:59 AM
Gravs
Addict
Rennlist Member

Assuming that price is right, it's gone up by about £10k, which is the same as GT3 did. So % wise a bit lower than GT3 if anything.

And it's nice of them not to punish us for loss in £ value post brexit vote.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: