Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 10:10 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As a .'1RS owner this is my view, if the idea IS to keep the last NA GT3RS produced by PAG i dont see the difference in keeping the .1RS or .2RS both are 991, and i dont think that the new modification make the car a better car....
Old 02-07-2018, 10:33 AM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
As a .'1RS owner this is my view, if the idea IS to keep the last NA GT3RS produced by PAG i dont see the difference in keeping the .1RS or .2RS both are 991, and i dont think that the new modification make the car a better car....
Really? You don't think the new one is a better car? I think the new one is absolutely, indisputably a better car. If you're considering collectibility and future value (which you shouldn't be but whatever) then I would bet 100% that the .2 RS is worth tangibly more in the future than the .1 RS.

In terms that enthusiasts that want a car to drive should think about though, I think you'd be very hard pressed to make the value proposition that it's worth the cost of upgrading from the .1 to the .2. If you can trade up nearly for free and get the spec you want then it's a no-brainer but if it's going to cost 10's of thousands of dollars then it probably isn't worth it.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:34 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

same performance does not exist.

it can´t be worse.
so it will be better.

.2RS for me please.
i trust in (A)P that there will come one or two things which make all of us want a .2RS.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:39 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

=Wild Weasel;14783831...
In terms that enthusiasts that want a car to drive should think about though, I think you'd be very hard pressed to make the value proposition that it's worth the cost of upgrading from the .1 to the .2. If you can trade up nearly for free and get the spec you want then it's a no-brainer but if it's going to cost 10's of thousands of dollars then it probably isn't worth it.
a .2RS will get longer warranty. (track driving)
and it will always be worth a couple of 10´s thousand over a .1RS.

this was the base on my decission: as long you don´t pay more than 50k for the upgrade it will be ok. you have also a higher valued car with again full warranty.
and some thousand $ it is worth for all of us - to drive the better/newer version.
Old 02-07-2018, 10:45 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 919 Likes on 530 Posts

agree with Jo-ker
this is why I already sold my .1 RS and getting a .2 RS
Old 02-07-2018, 10:56 AM
m4n0t0
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Performance difference will not be noticeable by most of the drivers.

I agree that .2RS will probably hold better his value, will be easier to sell.

But your move Joker must have cost you some $$$, and if we talk only about money then i'm not sure that for everyone the price difference could compensate the move .1RS to .2RS

I dont understand the warranty thing, you can just pay to get it extended...
Old 02-07-2018, 11:03 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by m4n0t0
Performance difference will not be noticeable by most of the drivers.

I agree that .2RS will probably hold better his value, will be easier to sell.

But your move Joker must have cost you some $$$, and if we talk only about money then i'm not sure that for everyone the price difference could compensate the move .1RS to .2RS

I dont understand the warranty thing, you can just pay to get it extended...
I was fortunate enough to be able to b/e after driving my .1rs for a while, including track. Paying the extra cash for .2rs bump on MSRP is money and smiles ahead vs holding onto the .1.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:21 AM
cebe
Racer

Received 340 Likes on 139 Posts

This MK2 will definitely be a better car to my MK1, but the minimal improvements in real-live will not be worth the huge difference to trade-up (I expect very limited supply to outstrip demand, see below, unless a big financial market turmoil sets in in the next 6-12 months).

If you do not have an allocation or are top of the list for one it will be substantially more difficult to get than a MK1, I expect about 1000-1500 worldwide produced, based on the allocation confirmed by Porsche AG to my local Porsche Center: 6 for the MK2 against a final total of 33 for the MK1.

I am still hopefull for a GT2 RS allocation, if my Porsche Center gets any extra one over and above the 8 they got already.
I very much like the painted front trunk lid of this MK2 and would love to be able to specify it on a possible (fingers crossed) GT2, I was never a fan of the black/carbon trunk lid.
Old 02-07-2018, 11:39 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

currently my black one is not sold. so i don´t know what it will cost me to switch.

pay two years extended warranty (what will be included in the new car) costs you another 3.000€. after 7 or 10 years it will be not anymore possible i think.
the usage (wheel bearings, tires, brakes, big services, etc) could cost you another 5-10.000€ if you time it wrong or right compared with a new car.

i just wanted to argue against - because till now it seems every .1RS owner (which is not buying/getting a .2RS) is saying .1RS is better. No it will not be better. Clear.
Maybe cheaper in the first step. But also not after 3 years - and also not after 10 years.
As long we speak about similar premiums or at least below 20k over on the .2RS compared with a MSRP .1RS...

cebe - i don´t know any Porsche Center which will get less GT3RS than GT2RS. so we need to speak about 2.000 - 2.500 cars worldwide. keep my fingers crossed for you!
Old 02-07-2018, 11:58 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by robmypro
Exactly. There was much more differentiating the .1 GT3 from the .2, and even THAT was a marginal upgrade - unless you wanted the MT.
If you keep saying the improvements between the .1 and .2 GT3 are only "marginal", maybe it will become true! You get an A+ for persistence, though! The new engine alone makes it likely the most substantial upgrade we've ever seen between a .1 and .2 GT3, and that's without getting to the increased displacement, 6MT from 911R, etc., etc.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:20 PM
EST
Pro

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
If you keep saying the improvements between the .1 and .2 GT3 are only "marginal", maybe it will become true! You get an A+ for persistence, though! The new engine alone makes it likely the most substantial upgrade we've ever seen between a .1 and .2 GT3, and that's without getting to the increased displacement, 6MT from 911R, etc., etc.
The old car did 7,20 on Nürburgring and I assume that the new car will do under 7min.
Is it "marginally" better time/car or alot better time/car?
Old 02-07-2018, 12:41 PM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

I have a .1 RS. Is the .2 RS a better car? Yes. The newer cars are usually better. But at what cost? Would I trade in my .1 RS to get a .2RS with no money out of pocket, meaning I could sell my .1 for a nice sum and use that to buy the .2- absolutely. But if I have to start taking money out of pocket for an extra 20 hp, all of which me as a novice driver would never notice- meh. Ill stick with the "inferior" .1 RS
Old 02-07-2018, 12:46 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
I have a .1 RS. Is the .2 RS a better car? Yes. The newer cars are usually better. But at what cost? Would I trade in my .1 RS to get a .2RS with no money out of pocket, meaning I could sell my .1 for a nice sum and use that to buy the .2- absolutely. But if I have to start taking money out of pocket for an extra 20 hp, all of which me as a novice driver would never notice- meh. Ill stick with the "inferior" .1 RS
If you could trade flat, you are actually being paid to do the trade because the .2 will always hold a premium AND u are getting more warranty and and and. I'm guessing the number is north of 30k out of pocket on the trade and you'll still be economically "flat", unless u have a cash flow issue on the front end.

Last edited by Jrtaylor9; 02-07-2018 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Wild Weasel
Drifting

Received 294 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
This is exactly the point I made earlier.

Unless you can upgrade for very little cost, it's probably not worth it. 99% of drivers won't feel the difference in performance. There's probably a tangible difference in the driving experience due to the new engine, but I doubt it makes a lick of difference on a track where most drivers probably aren't getting the most out of the .1 car anyway.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:58 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by Wild Weasel
This is exactly the point I made earlier.

Unless you can upgrade for very little cost, it's probably not worth it. 99% of drivers won't feel the difference in performance. There's probably a tangible difference in the driving experience due to the new engine, but I doubt it makes a lick of difference on a track where most drivers probably aren't getting the most out of the .1 car anyway.
Guys: this is exactly where I am. I sense my dealer will be able to get me an allocation at MSRP after talking to them this morning. Looks positive, however, I won't make the switch if I have to take a bath. If I can buy the new car for MSRP which is what my dealer sells them for and if the ADMs elsewhere on the new car bouy the value of the .1RS where I can get out of it at $225,000.00 or more (MSRP was $210K plus a $7000 Xpel Stealth) I would probably do it and for sure if I can get a PTS. Otherwise likely no.

My sense is the .1RS values will jump if the ADMs on the new car are $75K to $100K. With those ADMs a low mileage .1RS should will command a $30K to $35K ADM. MHO. But we will see soon enough.

PAG...the guys you love but hate at the same time. Ugh. Mixed emotions....kinda like seeing your mother in law go over a cliff in your brand new GT3.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 RS