Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Now Shipping: Front and rear AP Racing J Hook discs in the OEM PCCB sizes!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 12:29 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 604 Likes on 342 Posts
Default Now Shipping: Front and rear AP Racing J Hook discs in the OEM PCCB sizes!

Hello again gents. We're back from a crazy week at SEMA, and I have another exciting new product announcement! Since releasing our 380mm Essex Designed AP Racing J Hook disc iron replacements a couple years ago, GT3 and GT3 RS owners with PCCB's have been begging us to design them for their larger disc sizes (410mm front / 390mm rear). You collectively asked loudly enough, so we went ahead and did a special run of these discs.

Our discs replace the front and rear PCCB's without any other changes to the car. They bolt right on, and allow the use of the standard pad shapes that come on iron-equipped cars. Some product highlights include:
  • Huge increase in airflow, cooling capacity, and durability vs. OEM PCCB discs
  • The fronts and rears both weigh within one pound of the 380mm OEM iron discs, despite much larger sizes
  • Drastically less expense long-term running costs vs. PCCB
  • Compatible with the standard 991 GT3/RS pad shapes used in OEM iron system, offering a wide range of pad choice
  • Over twice as many internal cooling vanes as the OEM PCCB's
  • Designed for: Club racing, time trial, autoX, HPDE
  • Works with OEM calipers and wheels, no modifications required
  • Ultralight, fully floating, anodized billet aluminum hat with float control/anti-rattle clips

You can see all of the details on our website in the links below, and I've also included links to the corresponding Ferodo pads that will work with them:

Front Essex Designed AP Racing J Hook Disc to replace OEM PCCB (front 410x36mm)

Front Ferodo DS1.11 pads (moderate mu track)

Front Ferodo DSUNO pads (higher mu track)
Front Ferodo DS2500 pads (autoX)

Rear Essex Designed AP Racing J Hook Disc to replace OEM PCCB (front 390x32mm)

Rear Ferodo DS1.11 pads (moderate mu track)
Rear Ferodo DSUNO pads (higher mu track)
Rear Ferodo DS2500 pads (autoX)

Spiegler six brake line set for the 991 GT3 and GT3 RS (replaces both front and rear lines

***WARNING***
Please keep in mind that we will be releasing a complete front and rear Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kit for the GT3 and GT3 RS. You can see details in this link. These discs will not be compatible with that brake kit, so you will need to choose one upgrade or the other. In other words, you won't be able to buy these discs and then add the AP Racing calipers later. These discs are larger than the ones that will be included in our complete brake kit. These discs are designed specifically for those who wish to retain their OEM calipers. I don't want anyone thinking that we're trying to double-dip on them!***End of WARNING***

Thanks, and please let us know if you have any questions. To order, you can contact us at 704-824-six zero three zero, or you can purchase them through any of our authorized resellers. We only ran a small batch to test the waters, so if you want a set out of the first batch please get your order in asap.

One of our GT3 RS customers installed them last week and promptly took them out to the track for a beating the very next day. His stunning RS can be seen modeling our discs below. I really wish I had a big curtain to pull back, and an accompanying drum roll...

Essex Designed AP Racing Radi-CAL Competition Brake Kits & 2-piece J Hook Discs
Ferodo Racing Brake Pads
Spiegler Stainless Steel Brake Lines
704-824-6030
jeff.ritter@essexparts.com

Old 11-06-2017, 03:59 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

So I was the lucky guinea pig, I’m not going to pretend to know as much as the rest of you but here is my review after two days.

I took the car in on 10am on Wednesday, it took my mechanic approximately 3 hrs to replace all four corners and pads (ferodos). This is the setup recommended by jeff.

I drove straight from the mechanic 250 miles to the track and did 2 bed in cycles on the way there (luckily there are plenty of roads to do this during the day in West Virginia). I first warmed up the rotors and then started my bed in procedure.

Spent the next two days running in the black group with trackdaze at vir, this combo worked amazing well. Paired with motul rf660 I didn’t experience any brake fade during any of the sessions. The brakes were predictable each lap and session after session.

The only thing I really miss about the pccbs was the lack of brake dust, what were constantly clean satin aluminum wheels were dirty again..

But overall I think it’s a great upgrade for those with pccbs!

And jeff and the guys were super easy to work with, they didn’t have to do much since the rotors and pads fit perfectly!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 988 Likes on 511 Posts

Nice to know there is another option.
Old 11-14-2017, 03:31 PM
JRitt@essex
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 604 Likes on 342 Posts

Thanks for the kind words Jlee504, and glad you're enjoying your new brakes!

Quick Reply: Now Shipping: Front and rear AP Racing J Hook discs in the OEM PCCB sizes!