Sponsored by:

Barber Motorsports GT3 fun

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 03:58 PM
jadski
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Barber Motorsports GT3 fun

I had the opportunity to enjoy Barber in Birmingham, AL last weekend with my GT3. Sunday afternoon was perfect track conditions: sunny, low humidity and about 58 degrees.

I picked up a 2014 track prepped GR GT3 from Beachwood in June. Track mods include GMG half cage, sparco seats, Schroth harness, Girodisc front steel rotors, pagid Rs29 pads, oz rims, and 265 fr and 325 r mpsc2 tires.

I started tracking in 2014 with Chin Motorsports. They have been a great group to grow with HPDE. I also went through the Porsche sport performance driving schools which were great. I started with a e93 M3, then an f82 M4, then a 991.1 turboS, and now a GT3. Hands down, the GT3 is the best and most fun to drive. My lap times have consistently improved as I learn to trail brake and carry apex speed through the turns. The guys at the driving school helped me begin to understand these concepts better especially as we analyzed the race keeper data. Also John and Curt at ACI Motorsports in Chattanooga have done a great job with making sure the GT3 is ready for each track event.

I have grown to really enjoy this sport and now understand why so many people spend so much money on it. I stay in pursuit of the perfect lap and Sunday was as close as I have personally been. With a passenger in the car, I set my personal best lap of a 136.06. Attached are stopwatch times from a friend timing me.

Getting comfortable with my .1 makes me even more excited about my .2. Hopefully, I will have it before this time next year.

For those who are just getting into tracking, I highly recommend the PSDS with Cass and Rich. I also recommend investing in safety equipment and brakes. These cars have plenty of power! Thanks for reading

Quick Reply: Barber Motorsports GT3 fun