Sponsored by:

Would you consider? Basic build + 20 K ADM

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 12:36 AM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
At $15k over, I’d be a buyer. Add PCCB and remove LEDS and you’d have my perfect build.
Then you will really like my car!
Old 10-30-2017, 02:16 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

If you want to pay $20K over get it. If not, don't. The question you have to ask yourself is whether or not it is worth it to you. No one else can answer that question other than you. Some people would pay that and many will not. If you don't want to wait and are ok with an almost guaranteed loss of $20K + tax (or some larger portion of that), than go for it. That money most likely will be lost money. As soon as you go to trade it in, or sell it to someone else, you most likely will not be getting that back. Many stories of people paying over MSRP for a car, but not a lot of them getting over MSRP on trade.

To all the folks that keep saying build a relationship with your dealer buying cars you don't want - isn't that an ADM in another way? You're buying a car that is going to depreciate and you trade it in for a lower value than you paid and you bought something you don't want (most likely) to build a relationship. If you wanted a Macan or Cayenne, then by all means, but a relationship needs to start somewhere, why can't it start with a GT purchase at MSRP?

Maybe you don't buy 5 cars a year, maybe one every so often. But the fact you have one and will tell other people who are looking "Hey I bought my GT car at MSRP from so and so. They were great and it was a great process, you should go to them" pays off in the long run. Short term gains for long-term shortfalls.

Maybe I'm naive, but I would rather deal with a dealership that treats me like a human being vs. a piggy bank. IMO it's no different than ignoring the guy that might not be dressed in their Sunday outfit and are stopping by to look and buy something they have wanted forever and have the means to make the purchase, but to the ignorant sales person they don't "fit the part".

I purchased my 2015 at MSRP. I received a message inquiring about interest of getting on a list for the .2 and was told there will be an ADM, they didn't know how much yet but would be adding one. I wasn't in the market, but right there I didn't want to go trying to help them find a buyer through people I know were interested either. And if my circumstances changed and I was looking for one I would either wait it out, or go somewhere else. The only reason the ADM works is because people pay it.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:35 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

It seems that is not an outrageous ADM comparatively.

Edit, wrong transmission!

Last edited by mass27; 10-30-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:44 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Paid msrp for my PTS. However my trade at 19% below msrp was the ADM. With the 8% tax savings I’m not sure how much of an ADM I paid, but felt it was a fair deal. Those that are quick to say the deal is unfair, I say have you tried to sell a 155K car privately ?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:21 PM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Quick update,
LnC993 is right. The dealer went back and looked at the records, it is in fact a PDK not a manual build (which is what I really want). They apologized for the confusion. So I guess I get to save a bit money and move on. Sorry for the confusion and appreciate all the useful advice.
JM
Old 10-31-2017, 12:28 AM
mrhamamg
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jackmac
Quick update,
LnC993 is right. The dealer went back and looked at the records, it is in fact a PDK not a manual build (which is what I really want). They apologized for the confusion. So I guess I get to save a bit money and move on. Sorry for the confusion and appreciate all the useful advice.
JM
unreal...stealership is trying to push a 160k car with a 20k adm and they don’t even know what transmission it has!!!!
Old 10-31-2017, 01:07 AM
jackmac
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by mrhamamg
unreal...stealership is trying to push a 160k car with a 20k adm and they don’t even know what transmission it has!!!!
Lesson learned, I am glad I posted this before making any commitment. Maybe they will feel guilty enough offer me a build slot in the future
JW

Quick Reply: Would you consider? Basic build + 20 K ADM