Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:50 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by docapl
I think BAT considers that GT4 sold if the high bid met reserve (including any possible BAT fee contribution to sale). At that point BAT immediately collects the 5% (up to $5K) fee from the buyer's credit card, the auction is marked sold, and BAT is then out of the picture, leaving it to the participants to conclude the transaction. Some issue could arise after point that between the buyer and the seller which may result in a sale not materializing.
This may be true as in some cases buyers and sellers may not consummate. Even though the high bid should be binding, you often get people who still want to inspect the vehicle, or make additional unreasonable demands. In one case I had a high bidder (before auction ended) say he could not pay for the car for 2 months because he was in Europe due their “banking laws”. I do a lot of business with several EU clients so I know he was full of it.
I “sold” a vehicle once and the buyer expressed doubt with his excuse being that he bid without reading the description completely. The deal was ultimately consummated but I can see how things can go south.
Old 03-10-2019, 07:44 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Another RL flipper/dreamer. Love his comment about the dealer price. No sh$t it wasn't good. They probably offered well under MSRP so they could "maybe" sell for MSRP.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...18-mt-gt3.html
Old 03-11-2019, 06:09 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Really surprised this has not sold yet.
Comment about another car for sale here 3 months above msrp- I bid him 3k below msrp then and his comeback dealer will give me msrp and I am a P VIP- NOW for sale 1k above msrp-since when are these cars non depreciating especially when there are so many for sale- and truthfully GT3s are limited use vehicles- most are over a year old- I traded a 6 month old 19 GTS to buy a RS and dealer gave me 10k less than I paid- cost of playing with these cars.
I love the comments from fellow RLsters great car super price should sell fast- who says! Do not understand why it has not sold. DAH.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:05 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
whats the site?
Pcarmarket.com, a business supported and or owned by Collector Car Showcase, one of the good-guy dealers in the pre-owned P-car market.

Last edited by HelpMeHelpU; 03-11-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:58 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Pcarmarket.com, a business supported and or owned by Collector Car Showcase, one of the good-guy dealers in the pre-owned P-car market.
Isn't he the one who was selling that Magenta euro Carrera that he then retracted? So he's both the site owner and a seller on the site?
Old 03-11-2019, 10:41 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Isn't he the one who was selling that Magenta euro Carrera that he then retracted? So he's both the site owner and a seller on the site?
I'm interested to know this, too.
Old 03-11-2019, 11:30 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 593 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Originally Posted by FORENN
I'm interested to know this, too.

I couldn't tell you if that was their car or not. No idea.

I have kind of wondered how they would coordinate their own business with this new auction site, too. I do believe that starting the site was a great idea, because why let BaT have all the fun. If you think about it, making money selling cars with no capital investment in inventory is a great model. Technology is relatively cheap these days.

I hope they figure out and sort through whatever perceived or actual conflicts they may have with their new business.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:05 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
Wow, not even an attempt to make it look like it's NOT a BaT carbon copy. If it works...
Old 03-11-2019, 01:33 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Another RL flipper/dreamer. Love his comment about the dealer price. No sh$t it wasn't good. They probably offered well under MSRP so they could "maybe" sell for MSRP.
https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...18-mt-gt3.html
His car is priced perfectly in line with the rest of the GT3s for sale in Canada. Not sure why you're singling this guy out.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:38 PM
FLGT
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
I didn't contradict myself. The "market price" of a successfully completed auction at all auction venues includes (or excludes) various fees paid by buyer and/or seller to the auctioneer, which are negotiated on a per case basis. This is completely different from falsely claiming that a successful auction sale has occurred.

Finally, the highest bid at a well trafficked auction venue is a valuable market data point in its own right, regardless of whether it resulted in a sale or not. An actual sale is more valuable data, of course.
Hate to say the highest bid (assuming it didnt' meet reserve) is unfortunately a useless data point, and here's why:

Auction houses are allowed to shill bid up to the Reserve Price, meaning if reserve was $300k, and high bid was $260k, it may not have been a bid at all. Sad but true.

Last edited by FLGT; 03-11-2019 at 03:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:42 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by WantA997
His car is priced perfectly in line with the rest of the GT3s for sale in Canada. Not sure why you're singling this guy out.
He explains that his asking price includes tax? WTF. Since when can you include the tax you paid in the value of a good you're trying to sell used? So since I live in California and I pay higher taxes than someone in Florida, my car is worth more? Riiiiiiiiight.

People who sell their used cars and try to include registration fees, sales/use tax, ADMs, etc. into the price of the car are dreamers.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:26 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
Hate to say the highest bid (assuming didnt' mean reserve) is unfortunately a useless data point, and here's why:
Yes and no. It also could be telling you that there was no interest in the vehicle at that price (the 'shill' bid). In the end it doesn't really matter either way if it was fake or a real bid - it tells you what the market (well at least at that moment) thinks.

Even if shill bidding is used not just to start the auction (opening bid) but to continue the auction (multiple shill bids) - one should assume that if there is a no sale the last bid with no hammer represents the highest possible market assessment of value notwithstanding that the truth may be lower.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:33 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Plenty of everything selling, and the sell through ratio or the no reserve effect on the gooding cars shows that even at 400k+ there are interested parties.
Not sure what that means. Sell rate on no reserve auctions is 100%. I'm sure you have a point there just not sure what it is?

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
You should be cynical ...
As regards public auctions, yes that is true. As regards virtual auctions, that is very true.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:00 PM
ChicagoWhale
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 20 Posts

open hand = fake bids
closed hand = bidding is real
Old 03-11-2019, 04:29 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by Ro_Ja Boy

pcarlisting

btw...nobody has mentioned that a $165k Msrp Agate 2018 GT3 sold on there Friday for $148k plus 5% buyer fee (this site doesn’t cap the 5%) so all in the buyer paid $155k. $10k under Msrp.

car was well optioned with LEDs, FAL, 18 ways, etc.
That car did not meet reserve:

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/list/completed/

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM