New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 10:27 AM
Patrick3000
Rennlist Member

Received 442 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
rarity is over rated
5 nipples on women is rare. but I am not sure it a positive trait.
Pictures or it didn’t happen

Last edited by Patrick3000; 02-02-2019 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:40 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Funny enough, as far as oversupply there are a lot more PDK for sale than MT and the prices are lower for PDK. Not by a ton, but noticeably lower. Also, the whole flipper thing I don’t think ever really happened with GT3 (unlike 911R and 991.1 GT3RS and GT2RS) because there was never a point where you could make real money on one after paying tax, and especially not trading back to the dealer. I mean maybe if you speced it right, didn’t drive it, and got it at sticker you could clear a few bucks, but I got (and get) the sense the demand is from people who actually wanted one (manual did it for me and brought a lot of new people into the demand pool as did the touring). Seems to me most the ones for sale are from people who just get the latest and greatest GT car when it comes out, VIP cars, and dealer spec cars (I think a lot of the dealer spec cars are because MRSP dealers did not want to either upset customers or leave cash on the table).

And the relatively low ADM on the 991.2 GT3RS compared to what the 991.1 GT3RS got up to tells me things will stay in check. At least I hope so. We will see what the speedster does and whether there are ADMs on the new GT4 when it comes out. I mean I am sure there will be some initially, but I don’t think they last, or if they do, they end up pretty low.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:46 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Realized I put this in the wrong thread as I have been doing these now and again.

There are 196 GT3/GT3RS/GT2 on the National preowned porsche website. There is an almost no option car ($146k sticker) for $149k and then they go $163k and up. 21 are PTS GT3 and one PTS GT2 (at $620k lol). Five tourings ($25k-$40k ADM, none PTS) and 54 6MT GT3 (13 PTS, most big ADM and high 190s and up, but two at low ADM, but higher MSRP — lumber21’s olive car at $4k over MSRP with almost 9k miles and the rossa corsa car at PNH at $6k over with 1700 miles —both have been for sale for a while). Some of these PTS cars have been for sale since I started doing this 6-9 months ago. Then again, back when I worked for Land Rover, the GM would have a Defender 90 sitting on the rocks out front or in the showroom to drive traffic so maybe they don’t actually want to sell them that much. One last point, the earliest GT3 cars are now 18 months old so that is undoubtly driving down prices for the early PDK cars (some of which are under MSRP).

Over MSRP askings on the PTS manual cars (I am too tired to do PDK too).

Are some of those cars other than 991s?
Old 02-02-2019, 11:00 AM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I had 202 GT3s 123 3Rs and 78 GT2s all dealers off of cargurus- of course all have ridiculous ADM
Old 02-02-2019, 11:27 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv

Are some of those cars other than 991s?
No, they are all 991 and do not include 991.1 GT3 (I set the years 2018 and 2019).
Old 02-02-2019, 12:11 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 53 Posts
Default RS allocation

Anyone aware of available allocations or low spec cars on the ground?
Old 02-02-2019, 12:35 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 678 Likes on 372 Posts

Also, the whole flipper thing I don’t think ever really happened with GT3 (unlike 911R and 991.1 GT3RS and GT2RS)
Fair enough. We will agree to disagree. I think most that are selling with delivery miles or low were exactly intending on flipping. You don't just buy a car and turn around to sell it because you like doing that. These folks all had the plan to flip. The difference is the market didn't work for them this time around and to your point, yes they are not getting that money back. Kind of back fired this time around.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:47 PM
cacpa
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Fair enough. We will agree to disagree. I think most that are selling with delivery miles or low were exactly intending on flipping. You don't just buy a car and turn around to sell it because you like doing that. These folks all had the plan to flip. The difference is the market didn't work for them this time around and to your point, yes they are not getting that money back. Kind of back fired this time around.
Correct. Also, people are notoriously obtuse when it comes to calculating real loss/gain. Factor in sales tax, registration, PPF (which almost everyone does), side markers and other stuff (exhaust, bolster protector), and I would guess that only a handful of people flipped for a profit. You would need: no ADM, low MSRP build, no sales tax, registration in a cheap state, no PPF, no miles. What a great formula for owning a GT car; a bunch of no!

If people factored in all the tangible and intangible costs (like TIME), the GT cars depreciate just fine!
Old 02-02-2019, 02:14 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

​​​​​
the whole flipper thing I don’t think ever really happened with GT3 (unlike 911R and 991.1 GT3RS and GT2RS) because there was never a point where you could make real money on one after paying tax, and especially not trading back to the dealer.
Lots of people tried, but likely very few were successful at any meaningful profit.

I think most that are selling with delivery miles or low were exactly intending on flipping. You don't just buy a car and turn around to sell it because you like doing that. These folks all had the plan to flip. The difference is the market didn't work for them this time around and to your point, yes they are not getting that money back. Kind of back fired this time around.
Correct. Production too high, and still going, with too many people at the front end buying them for the wrong reason (profit over driving enjoyment).

Originally Posted by cacpa
Correct. Also, people are notoriously obtuse when it comes to calculating real loss/gain. Factor in sales tax, registration, PPF (which almost everyone does), side markers and other stuff (exhaust, bolster protector), and I would guess that only a handful of people flipped for a profit. You would need: no ADM, low MSRP build, no sales tax, registration in a cheap state, no PPF, no miles. What a great formula for owning a GT car; a bunch of no!

If people factored in all the tangible and intangible costs (like TIME), the GT cars depreciate just fine!
Also correct. And don't forget about capital gains tax on any profit you squeak out, which I think is safe to assume is considerable given the typical flipper tax bracket. Although I imagine paying capital gains tax on your GT flip is very often overlooked -- quite unintentionally, of course.
Old 02-02-2019, 08:59 PM
Diamond 9
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
The problem is most Dealers are now probably guilty of charging ADM. I bet if you randomly call 20 Dealers that you will find at least 15 Dealers that will have a car available with an ADM
Introducing you said this as I just spend this morning doing just that, calling few dealers about adm. In Florida it’s 35k-50k Special dealers in Miami.
TX is 35sh. With seem to be the treand on the Autotrader. Some dealers saying the don’t change any ADM, but conveniently non of them have any cars and wen I ask them about the Autotrader listing they all say sold. I have been looking to get GT3RS for about the year now and have seen prices on the web with was always above MSRP. Wen I called few dealers asking about ordering one the pretty much laughed at me. The trend is if you not a Porsche owner we are just not all that intrested in your business. Last week I called dealer about stunning black GT3RS was on Autotrader for 217k. The trick was is what was not listed is 25k ADM. Ones I found out about it I stepped back. Dealer told me make offer and I did few days later for the MSRP. By then the car was gone. But.. The dealer offered me buildable alication for 20K ADM. The deposit for the car went out next day.
Moral of this story: I don’t agree with what dealers are doing, but wen you buy car from Barret-Jackson ther is 10% buyers premium. So the way I see it 20k is my buyer premium to order the car I want the way I want it.
Im not a collector or a waxser. I’m track guy who’s switched platforms. To be honest with you all I have never driven any Porsches, but ran with plenty of them at Daytona, Sebring and Homested. Love everything see and read about the new GT3RS. I’m sure I will see some of you at the track.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:15 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond 9

Introducing you said this as I just spend this morning doing just that, calling few dealers about adm. In Florida it’s 35k-50k Special dealers in Miami.
TX is 35sh. With seem to be the treand on the Autotrader. Some dealers saying the don’t change any ADM, but conveniently non of them have any cars and wen I ask them about the Autotrader listing they all say sold. I have been looking to get GT3RS for about the year now and have seen prices on the web with was always above MSRP. Wen I called few dealers asking about ordering one the pretty much laughed at me. The trend is if you not a Porsche owner we are just not all that intrested in your business. Last week I called dealer about stunning black GT3RS was on Autotrader for 217k. The trick was is what was not listed is 25k ADM. Ones I found out about it I stepped back. Dealer told me make offer and I did few days later for the MSRP. By then the car was gone. But.. The dealer offered me buildable alication for 20K ADM. The deposit for the car went out next day.
Moral of this story: I don’t agree with what dealers are doing, but wen you buy car from Barret-Jackson ther is 10% buyers premium. So the way I see it 20k is my buyer premium to order the car I want the way I want it.
Im not a collector or a waxser. I’m track guy who’s switched platforms. To be honest with you all I have never driven any Porsches, but ran with plenty of them at Daytona, Sebring and Homested. Love everything see and read about the new GT3RS. I’m sure I will see some of you at the track.
Regular customers seem to be the ones to get zero or low ADM most but not all of the time. I was offered $20k over when order books opened for the 3RS for a Feb delivery. I'm sticking with my faster albeit more boring TTS. After driving a .2 3RS I realized that the car begs for the track. As I have too little free time to track my cars anymore, having an RS and not taking it to the track is almost criminal.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:05 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Talk about rare: a Lava .2 3rs. Everyone so worried about how many Lava .1rs there are, like almost zero .2 lavas last i saw.
NA 991.2 GT in Lava Orange, through January 2019

base GT3 = 54
GT2RS = 15
GT3RS = 14
Old 02-03-2019, 09:36 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

I’m partially red/green color blind. But your gt3 pic still looks amazing. What color is it?
Old 02-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Hmmm. Can you read or comprehend? I said "lizard like". Unless my computer is off that looks NOTHING like Lizard, Viper, Signal etc etc.
I’m partially colorblind. This color still looks amazing.What is it?
Old 02-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 3RS is listed for sale..........Thoughts about the pricing?

https://www.porscheaustin.com/invent...af2a95ks164265

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM