Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2019, 09:02 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 474 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Sucks for those with Viper and all the other "lizard like" greens out there. Just another color now. That is the way PTS is going especially with all the PTS blues and greens. Just not that special.
Yeah.. just another lameo common green. Guess I'll have to wrap it.

Old 02-02-2019, 09:04 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Realized I put this in the wrong thread as I have been doing these now and again.

There are 196 GT3/GT3RS/GT2 on the National preowned porsche website. There is an almost no option car ($146k sticker) for $149k and then they go $163k and up. 21 are PTS GT3 and one PTS GT2 (at $620k lol). Five tourings ($25k-$40k ADM, none PTS) and 54 6MT GT3 (13 PTS, most big ADM and high 190s and up, but two at low ADM, but higher MSRP — lumber21’s olive car at $4k over MSRP with almost 9k miles and the rossa corsa car at PNH at $6k over with 1700 miles —both have been for sale for a while). Some of these PTS cars have been for sale since I started doing this 6-9 months ago. Then again, back when I worked for Land Rover, the GM would have a Defender 90 sitting on the rocks out front or in the showroom to drive traffic so maybe they don’t actually want to sell them that much. One last point, the earliest GT3 cars are now 18 months old so that is undoubtly driving down prices for the early PDK cars (some of which are under MSRP).

Over MSRP askings on the PTS manual cars (I am too tired to do PDK too).

Really not surprising. Like I have said before, all these jack-holes that got allocations did the MT and tried for PTS with ZERO intention of driving them. They all thought this was going to be the next "R" craze and wanted to capitalize on it and saying of course "this will be the last NA MT car". Now the market is flooded and even their "asking" price will go down and who knows what the actual selling price will be.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:07 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
Yeah.. just another lameo common green. Guess I'll have to wrap it.
Hmmm. Can you read or comprehend? I said "lizard like". Unless my computer is off that looks NOTHING like Lizard, Viper, Signal etc etc.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:07 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Really not surprising. Like I have said before, all these jack-holes that got allocations did the MT and tried for PTS with ZERO intention of driving them.
Oh wait.. 6mt, PTS doesn't belong on the track? Dammit! My value!

Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Hmmm. Can you read or comprehend? I said "lizard like". Unless my computer is off that looks NOTHING like Lizard, Viper, Signal etc etc.
You said "all these jack-holes that got allocations did the MT and tried for PTS with ZERO intention of driving them."
Old 02-02-2019, 09:09 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Oh wait.. 6mt, PTS doesn't belong on the track? Dammit! My value!

Good for you dude. You are one of the few. Look at the FS numbers. And again WHERE did I say the MT is not meant for the track. You really need to stop ASSUMING I said things I didn't.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:11 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

You said "all these jack-holes that got allocations did the MT and tried for PTS with ZERO intention of driving them."
I sure did and NO WHERE did I say your green was "lizard like" in which that was your reply showing me that you are a cool dude with your PTS green car.. Did you read your own post.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:12 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Good for you dude. You are one of the few. Look at the FS numbers. And again WHERE did I say the MT is not meant for the track. You really need to stop ASSUMING I said things I didn't.
Just quotin' ya buddy...no assumptions.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:14 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Just quotin' ya buddy...no assumptions.
Actually not quoting me at all. Please show me my quote where I said MT don't belong on the track. Also please show me where I said "bummer for ALL green owners" and I didn't speciffically say "lizard like". Oh wait you can't because you aren't quoting me.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:17 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

Actually not quoting me at all. Please show me my quote where I said MT don't belong on the track. Also please show me where I said "bummer for ALL green owners" and I didn't speciffically say "lizard like". Oh wait you can't because you aren't quoting me.
You said PTS greens were not that special and those who spec'd a 6mt had no intentions of driving them. Just tossing in a couple pics proving those are not accurate stereotypes. Maybe you should stop assuming...all good. Going for a drive now.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:21 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

You said PTS greens were not that special and those who spec'd a 6mt had no intentions of driving them. Just tossing in a couple pics proving those are not accurate stereotypes. Maybe you should stop assuming...
Seriously, you really need comprehension skills. Carry on my man. I get the point. You are a cool PTS MT "purist" owner and congrats you are driving your car the way it should be. You win the cool dude award for the day. Have a great day and go drive your cool car.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:33 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=goin2drt;15610429]Huh? The EXACT opposite will happen. Once the buildables are gone the ADM's will go even lower and the price will go to or BELOW MSRP. You must own one trying to share fake news. Prices going down and will continue to go down, especially as the time goes and the one year mark hits and the VIP's flood the market with theirs.

Many Porsches, including the 918s, which they initially had difficulties selling, had adms rise when production was complete
Old 02-02-2019, 09:47 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Really not surprising. Like I have said before, all these jack-holes that got allocations did the MT and tried for PTS with ZERO intention of driving them. They all thought this was going to be the next "R" craze and wanted to capitalize on it and saying of course "this will be the last NA MT car". Now the market is flooded and even their "asking" price will go down and who knows what the actual selling price will be.
I was actually surprised they were holding up as well as they were. The three low ADMs have a pretty good reason for being low. One is fashion grey which is similar to chalk, one is rossa corsa which is close to guards, and the olive car (I am pretty sure it’s the same car) has lots of miles and some excellent instagram videos hooning in snow and dirt. Can’t fault that owner for not driving it.

On the other hand, my dealer (also owns a Mac store) just sent a marketing email with a 2016 675LT for $279k with 7k miles on it. That’s $150k under sticker .... If GT cars lose 35% in three years and 7k miles, maybe that fixes the flipper problem. Maybe they will. I don’t care as my cars tend to stick around quite a while.

One other note, Viper looks nothing like Lizard in person. Lizard and Glebgrun are near identical and Viper/Pure/green(formerly RS Green) are pretty close to one another, but they are quite different from Glebgrun/lizard, with Viper being the darkest. Certainly Miami blue has not dampened the enthusiasm for riveria and Mexico blue. Maybe if you ordered Glebgrun you can be mad, but not Viper.

Finally, I do feel your pain about allocations as I had to pay some ADM myself, but having scanned the available cars and prices, I have yet to see anything for sale where I would rather have had that deal than what I have. Sure, can you get a used PDK car for under MSRP now — there are half a dozen for sale under MSRP at Porsche dealers now — but I rather have my rubber dash retiree green wood wheel faux C2 with all season tires on turbo winter wheels to drive around in. But if you want to upgrade, there is nothing wrong with making low ball offers on cars you want. Personally I usually buy used (because I am cheap), but I realized no one, especially anyone in their right mind, would spec a GT3 the way I would so I ponied up. Cormids car is the only one I have seen that is close to a spec I would order out of the 100s of builds that I have seen.
Old 02-02-2019, 09:56 AM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Many of the new cars listed by Porsche dealers are sold cars and as mentioned they are bait for callers. Also, there are some duplicate listings.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:06 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Originally Posted by evilfij

I was actually surprised they were holding up as well as they were. The three low ADMs have a pretty good reason for being low. One is fashion grey which is similar to chalk, one is rossa corsa which is close to guards, and the olive car (I am pretty sure it’s the same car) has lots of miles and some excellent instagram videos hooning in snow and dirt. Can’t fault that owner for not driving it.

On the other hand, my dealer (also owns a Mac store) just sent a marketing email with a 2016 675LT for $279k with 7k miles on it. That’s $150k under sticker .... If GT cars lose 35% in three years and 7k miles, maybe that fixes the flipper problem. Maybe they will. I don’t care as my cars tend to stick around quite a while.

One other note, Viper looks nothing like Lizard in person. Lizard and Glebgrun are near identical and Viper/Pure/green(formerly RS Green) are pretty close to one another, but they are quite different from Glebgrun/lizard, with Viper being the darkest. Certainly Miami blue has not dampened the enthusiasm for riveria and Mexico blue. Maybe if you ordered Glebgrun you can be mad, but not Viper.

Finally, I do feel your pain about allocations as I had to pay some ADM myself, but having scanned the available cars and prices, I have yet to see anything for sale where I would rather have had that deal than what I have. Sure, can you get a used PDK car for under MSRP now — there are half a dozen for sale under MSRP at Porsche dealers now — but I rather have my rubber dash retiree green wood wheel faux C2 with all season tires on turbo winter wheels to drive around in. But if you want to upgrade, there is nothing wrong with making low ball offers on cars you want. Personally I usually buy used (because I am cheap), but I realized no one, especially anyone in their right mind, would spec a GT3 the way I would so I ponied up. Cormids car is the only one I have seen that is close to a spec I would order out of the 100s of builds that I have seen.
Yeah for me I wanted a buildable allocation. If I couldn't, which I didn't, get one for me my car is just fine. Going from .1 to .2 was only worth it if I could get one built the exact spec I wanted. I agree about the Mac statement. Porsche GT cars have never had those types of depreciation which I also think folks love and what creates this mess a bit. Too many treat the GT car line up as an investment opportunity. I do believe that was the case for the .2 (more than others) because the majority that wanted the investment specced MT thinking it was going to be a greater demand when we saw what happened with the R hence why so many are for sale with low or delivery miles and the higher asking prices. Demand has not followed that logic because the second buyer most likely is buying the car to own and drive for some time and not treat it as an investment, therefore the market saturation (relatively speaking) with MT's.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM