Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2018, 04:29 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a 2019 March build. Looking forward to pictures.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:46 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Went by tysons porsche today and they have 1 gt2rs and 2 gt3rs sitting on the showroom floor. I know they wan't over, but no number was given. They said "make an offer", I have a gt3rs and not interested in a gt2rs so if anyone is interested, contact Rick or Khoa
Old 12-26-2018, 05:11 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv
VIP customers purchased their GT cars at MSRP. I believe the statement that most others purchased their cars at MSRP is not correct.
Sorry, I'm not incorrect; you just need a new dealer I'm no 918 VIP and no one i run with is. We've all bought GT/RS's at list. I'll restate: most of the RS's that are sold, are sold at MSRP.

Most guys that buy at list don't come on the forum saying "ha, ha, I bought at MSRP". Most GT's are already committed to top customers before they ever launch and at MSRP.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:52 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 684 Likes on 377 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
Sorry, I'm not incorrect; you just need a new dealer I'm no 918 VIP and no one i run with is. We've all bought GT/RS's at list. I'll restate: most of the RS's that are sold, are sold at MSRP.

Most guys that buy at list don't come on the forum saying "ha, ha, I bought at MSRP". Most GT's are already committed to top customers before they ever launch and at MSRP.
I think he is confusing new purchase to “delivery mile/stealer” purchase. You are correct, most new purchases are made at MSRP. Many then get sold back to the dealer to flip them at what they like to call “market rate” and there you have many GT’s not being bought at MSRP. Indeed the first new buyer is getting them for MSRP the majority of the time.
Old 12-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

^^^Correct and better said.
Old 12-26-2018, 07:58 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Are you buying GT2s at MSRP and when were they purchased? As it seems much easier to obtain a GT3 or a GT3RS at MSRP as the ADMs are much closer to list. On a GT2, the asking is 100 plus over and I have had offers for less rejected and walked. As mentioned, there are a few cars out there that may be less given how they are built. Also, I think things were a little different if the cars were ordered early on as opposed to now. If a dealer will deliver an untitled correctly optioned car to me MSRP please contact me by PM or otherwise and I will save money and you will have a sale. It seems that if the going price was MSRP at this point there would be fewer cars available and dealers would stop asking for such high premiums.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:32 PM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 136 Posts

Offering up my wingless

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...300-miles.html
Old 12-27-2018, 07:10 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 205 Posts

So it’s official just got the call from my dealership and no GT3 allocation for me despite placing a deposit 4 years ago. I’m not VIP enough to get one.

Anyways, I’d be willing to pay an ADM to anyone in CANADA for a configurable allocation. I know this is a unicorn and may not even exsist anymore, but thought I’d post here and at least try to get lucky, who knows.

Please PM if you have any leads. Thanks in advance for any help!
Old 12-27-2018, 07:20 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
So it’s official just got the call from my dealership and no GT3 allocation for me despite placing a deposit 4 years ago. I’m not VIP enough to get one.

Anyways, I’d be willing to pay an ADM to anyone in CANADA for a configurable allocation. I know this is a unicorn and may not even exsist anymore, but thought I’d post here and at least try to get lucky, who knows.

that sucks. sorry to hear it.
Old 12-27-2018, 07:26 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Bummer, sorry to hear that - Did they ever told you how far down their list you were?
Old 12-27-2018, 08:15 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hlvg
Bummer, sorry to hear that - Did they ever told you how far down their list you were?
Hahahaha! What a joke! I have it in writing from the dealership GM saying I was #1 on the list when I placed the deposit. Then I got the call saying I was bumped to #3 for a couple VIPs after the GT3 was officially announced, then I was bumped down further this year because some NHL players wanted the car and they bring advertising for the brand blah blah blah. Then I got the call saying sorry, last allocation was gone.

I didn’t ask how close I actually was because it would either be a lie or if I was actually next in line I’d only hate them all the more. Some things are best not knowing.....
Old 12-27-2018, 08:22 PM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Damn lying leaches. Now officially worse than ambulance chasers.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:55 PM
rmag
Three Wheelin'

Received 50 Likes on 18 Posts

Offering my Chalk GT2RS for $389,000

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...l#post15525062

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...e-by-side.html
Old 12-27-2018, 09:27 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 138 Likes on 66 Posts

Hahahaha! What a joke! I have it in writing from the dealership GM saying I was #1 on the list when I placed the deposit. Then I got the call saying I was bumped to #3 for a couple VIPs after the GT3 was officially announced, then I was bumped down further this year because some NHL players wanted the car and they bring advertising for the brand blah blah blah. Then I got the call saying sorry, last allocation was gone.

I didn’t ask how close I actually was because it would either be a lie or if I was actually next in line I’d only hate them all the more. Some things are best not knowing.....

This totally sucks. These are the worst dealerships the ones that play games and are not transparent. So late in the process at this point.
At least some of the "stealerships" disclose at the beginning what their plan is and what it would take ie ADM to get the car. Consumer can at least make a choice.

Old 12-27-2018, 09:58 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JPMD
This totally sucks. These are the worst dealerships the ones that play games and are not transparent. So late in the process at this point.
At least some of the "stealerships" disclose at the beginning what their plan is and what it would take ie ADM to get the car. Consumer can at least make a choice.
I know! Had they been honest I would have offered to pay an ADM or at least explored other options this past year. Instead I get them saying “don’t worry we’ll get you a car, I’m confident just wait” until it’s the end of effing production

This entire thing has almost turned me off of Porsche as a brand. The whole buying, flipping, ADMs, lies, etc. The only problem is I can’t think of another NA, manual transmission sports car that I’d rather drive..... so now I’ve been looking at used cars on Autotrader. Only problem is 20-$30K ADMs here in Canada and none of them are optioned just quite right.

I guess I’ll be waiting until 2019 and hoping the used prices come back down to a reasonable level. I won’t spend that much ADM on a USED car. New car that I can option, sure I’ll pay to play, but used, just can’t out of principle. End rant.... thanks for listening guys

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM