Old 02-07-2018, 03:55 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by rxtrom
Awesome!

Can someone who has called a bunch of dealers lately shed some light on what the GT3 "Market" is doing? I feel like there is more inventory both new and used and ADMs are softening a little bit.
What's very interesting is the amount of PTS cars landing. They are being sprinkled in and wholesale asking prices are 20-25k over on those. One was offered to me on trade against a 720S. There are a few out there being offered up.

The big issue is that a lot of people are resigned to paying over sticker but there are almost no dealers willing to give up available slots. I'd say for people who hit me up they are in less of a rush to get a car (winter, few track days?) and would rather get their spec and wait.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:08 PM
rxtrom
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
What's very interesting is the amount of PTS cars landing. They are being sprinkled in and wholesale asking prices are 20-25k over on those. One was offered to me on trade against a 720S. There are a few out there being offered up.

The big issue is that a lot of people are resigned to paying over sticker but there are almost no dealers willing to give up available slots. I'd say for people who hit me up they are in less of a rush to get a car (winter, few track days?) and would rather get their spec and wait.
That is interesting. I know of a Riviera, decent spec for 25 over, maybe its the same one. I thought it was a golden opportunity aside from the ADM but your right more PTS are becoming available.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:37 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,163 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban

According to some, those are valid customer orders that the customers backed out because of various reasons and the dealers are forced to offer them with ADM wholesale to other dealers.

Dealers of course have no allocations slots left as all are taken by customers that WILL back out the moment the car arrive at the dealership.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:48 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
According to some, those are valid customer orders that the customers backed out because of various reasons and the dealers are forced to offer them with ADM wholesale to other dealers.

Dealers of course have no allocations slots left as all are taken by customers that WILL back out the moment the car arrive at the dealership.
This is just one reason why deposits should be >$10k and non-refundable. The other is people putting multiple deposits at different dealers "just in case" making it look like demand >> supply. They're fully refundable so the downside is zero. I wonder what % of GT cars get spec'ed by someone other than their ultimate buyer.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:12 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

2 option GT3 manual, lift and led's: $179,900 BIN

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Porsch...Zaetmt&vxp=mtr

$150,390 build sheet: https://www.vindecoderz.com/EN/check...AC2A90JS174435
Old 02-07-2018, 05:22 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

I know of the Grey one here, the riveria, and a viper all for sale.
Old 02-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hf1
This is just one reason why deposits should be >$10k and non-refundable. The other is people putting multiple deposits at different dealers "just in case" making it look like demand >> supply. They're fully refundable so the downside is zero. I wonder what % of GT cars get spec'ed by someone other than their ultimate buyer.

You can't quite see the implied meaning in my post didn't you?

These 'customers' I mentioned are phantom ones created by the dealer themselves. These are not valid real customer orders. The cars are spec-ed by the dealers themselves for flipping.

For people that have multiple deposits on multiple dealers, they get their refunds once one dealer confirm their order, they don't config multiple cars across multiple dealers.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:18 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
I know of the Grey one here, the riveria, and a viper all for sale.
Agree about the more pts landing. there is also a voodoo manual for sale. Was also contacted about 2 non pts, racing yellow and guards red. Lots of inventory it seems.
Old 02-07-2018, 06:20 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

You can't quite see the implied meaning in my post didn't you?

These 'customers' I mentioned are phantom ones created by the dealer themselves. These are not valid real customer orders. The cars are spec-ed by the dealers themselves for flipping.

For people that have multiple deposits on multiple dealers, they get their refunds once one dealer confirm their order, they don't config multiple cars across multiple dealers.
Could you elaborate on this? So allocations are always attached to a “name” say a customer (even if not aware of it) or an employee?
Old 02-07-2018, 06:37 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM

Could you elaborate on this? So allocations are always attached to a “name” say a customer (even if not aware of it) or an employee?
For GT cars, yes. A customer's name. Dealers cannot order GT cars under the dealer's name to use as 'stock' showroom cars, unlike normal Porsche cars.

To skirt the issue, dealers take the allocations and use unauthorized customer data for the orders to show PCNA that these cars are orders from 'customers'. This is why there are always 'unsold' GT cars sitting in showrooms with some kind of ADM on it at launch. The cover story is always oh the customer backed out. Ferrari dealers are notoriously for doing this.

They used to use employee names but PCNA got smart at some point in time and question the orders. Some are genuine orders from customers with the same name, so those are allow to proceed after some investigation. Much less suspicion if they use real customer data from their database, record will shows those are existing customers ordering new cars.

Porsche personal at Zuffenhausen are always proud of the fact that every GT car build at Zuffenahusen are 'sold' cars, with a customer's name attached to each one. Sort of.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:20 PM
WHC9
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For GT cars, yes. A customer's name. Dealers cannot order GT cars under the dealer's name to use as 'stock' showroom cars, unlike normal Porsche cars.
Whoopsy, for what it's worth, the dealership I worked at had a changeable GT3 allocation back in 2014 that no customer wanted due to to the engine issue. I know for a fact that we ordered it as a stock car (LF) and that it was built and delivered to us as a stock car. I sold it a few days after it came in and it was then that the customer's name was put on it for the first time. Also, when I would look at other dealers inventories, every now and then I would see (meaning LF as KF cars do not show up in the locator) V300 - V900 GT3s.

The only time I have ever experienced Porsche get on us to put a customer's name on a car was when they handed us a VIP allocation or an allocation for a specific customer. For example, I had a customer who worked for a major Porsche supplier who secured a GT3 allocation for himself and it was clearly communicated to me that his name must go on it right away. However, those allocations were not just "dumped" on us like all the other ones and I guess I don't see why a GT allocation would be treated differently than any other one.

Not calling you out - just stating that my experience was a bit different than what you describe. It is possible that things have changed since I left a couple years ago.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:42 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

@Whoopsy Does this happen in Canada as well? In Ontario, the normal deposit is $2,000 non-refundable for a specced car and refundable for a non-specced car. The deposit for a specced car can be refunded 3 months after the date it is paid. Is it like that in BC? In the US, I believe all deposits are refundable.
Old 02-07-2018, 07:58 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Doesn't the build sheet prove that a customer name isn't needed as it's sold to the dealer?
Old 02-07-2018, 08:40 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
CJ - I have real, legit concerns about many of your statements disparaging Porsche dealers
on this forum over the past year. In this specific instance, you claim that “slimy” Porsche dealers
and their GM’s currently play tricks on 918 VIP clients to take their allocations (without them
knowing) and flip them to places like CNC. You made it appear that it was a current, ongoing
problem.

Here is your quote to that effect:

"VIP emails are sent to the VIP from David Donohue and to the Dealer GM. If the VIP does
not respond, the dealer can try and work slimy ways to get it anyway. It's hard but dealers
have done weirder stuff."

That statement is patently FALSE. As a Porsche dealer, it is totally irresponsible of you to
say that.

You have a lot of clients here who enjoy buying cars from you and openly praise your
business model. There is no need to continually disparage PCNA, and the Porsche
dealer body in an effort to ingratiate yourself into this community.
Back in August we had an exchange in this forum that now seems, in retrospect, prophetic:

Post #170
https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...nnlist-12.html

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
I'll raise my hand and say I'm behind ChicagoWhale. Most of his posts are on point and state facts
or try to teach others which is in contrast to most posters on here. Others may not like his "against
the grain" approach to the common RL narratives but I'm here to learn and will support those who
back up with facts, and that goes for him, you, CJ, or anyone else.

It's also fun to ruffles some feathers, otherwise RL can get boring.
Originally Posted by Es macht nichts
+1
I commend both of you for what you have said & the position you have taken. 'Chicago Whale'
deserves to be 'heard' (and, more importantly, 'understood') if anyone here on Rennlist is truly
interested in engaging in a serious conversation on this topic! I simply ask some folks here that
are constantly making declarations about 'good dealers' (mainly those that they deal with & receive
benefit
) and denigrading others for sins that their 'good dealers' are equally guilty of, to please
rethink their statements and be more honest & conscientious with our forum. Just recently on
this thread I found disturbing the undeserved harrasment of a female 'chat professional' at Walter's
with sophomoric / misogynist high jinks!

Post #324

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ut-adm-22.html

And the response to this harrasment should not be 'HahahahA' from any of us...much less from
a Porsche dealer principal!

Originally Posted by mass27
Was Rennlist always like this?
No, we were once a better place.
And hopefully, we will be that
place again!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

Last edited by Z356; 02-07-2018 at 10:49 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2018, 08:49 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by WHC9
Whoopsy, for what it's worth, the dealership I worked at had a changeable GT3 allocation back in 2014 that no customer wanted due to to the engine issue. I know for a fact that we ordered it as a stock car (LF) and that it was built and delivered to us as a stock car. I sold it a few days after it came in and it was then that the customer's name was put on it for the first time. Also, when I would look at other dealers inventories, every now and then I would see (meaning LF as KF cars do not show up in the locator) V300 - V900 GT3s.

The only time I have ever experienced Porsche get on us to put a customer's name on a car was when they handed us a VIP allocation or an allocation for a specific customer. For example, I had a customer who worked for a major Porsche supplier who secured a GT3 allocation for himself and it was clearly communicated to me that his name must go on it right away. However, those allocations were not just "dumped" on us like all the other ones and I guess I don't see why a GT allocation would be treated differently than any other one.

Not calling you out - just stating that my experience was a bit different than what you describe. It is possible that things have changed since I left a couple years ago.
As with all rules, there will always be exceptions that don't quite follow how they are suppose to work. Unlike a certain someone, my mind is always open. I don't hold onto what I 'believed' in and reject everything else as fairy tales.

No offence taken.

Cheers bud!

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM