Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Trk8
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Technically not limited by porsche. Dealers are creating pent up demand by restricting orders unlesss buyers are coerced into adm. That is why there are more dealer spec cars on showroom than in garages. 1:3 ratio. Dealers are doing the old “wallstreet” boiler room tactics. Market makers of auto industry.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:58 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Trk8
Technically not limited by porsche. Dealers are creating pent up demand by restricting orders unlesss buyers are coerced into adm. That is why there are more dealer spec cars on showroom than in garages. 1:3 ratio. Dealers are doing the old “wallstreet” boiler room tactics. Market makers of auto industry.
Yes, same thing they did with RS.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:10 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is this the new ADM winner? $88k over MSRP. He's fishing for Beluga whale with Kmart special spinner lure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272925044808
Old 11-13-2017, 03:12 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

I'm aware of an available Chalk, black wheel, PDK, 18way, iron rotors, leather, BOSE car, $170k build with a $15k over ask. Seems to be a lower ADM than any I've seen so far. If anyone is seriously interested in it, PM me and I'll connect you with them.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I can not even imagine what the ADMs will be when the .2 RS comes out. Glad I have no interest
Old 11-13-2017, 03:17 PM
T10Chris
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 116 Posts

I was offered a GT2RS at 100k over a couple of days ago
Old 11-13-2017, 03:19 PM
Trk8
Advanced

Double edge sword. Looks like a lot of us hate ADM on this cars but we still want these cars. I started to reflect and ask the question why. 1. Is it the allure that these cars are hard to get?
2. The idea that resell values are high? 3. The trackability and durability? 4. Collectibility?
I’ve decided to take on an advise from a POC guy that owns his own tune shop. In order to race in the cup series you need a race car, basically he saw what I was doing to my gt car with the mods and the times I want to achieve. His advise was , my as well get an older 911 and race it out and spank all the new gt cars. I deciding to keep what I have and get a mclaren or amg gt black series for the street and get a real gutted out cars for the track. Thanks to porsche dealerships your antics lost a lifetime porsche fan. I’ll still buy from rennlister on the second hand market. I rather take depreciation hit like the old days and let time to decide if the cars are in collectible status rather than “pro forma”. We know how that normally ends.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:43 PM
Trk8
Advanced

Except for us people here on rennlist and maybe a few trolls that are speculating, most general population car enthusiasts move on to the latest and greatest. Porsche better not turn off there old fan base which they are doing. There are more competition for porsche now than in the past. Your new product can ride on legacy for so long. Thus we are experiencing the air cooled situation and retro aspects. Lots off old timers in poc are happy racing/tracking the **** out of their older Porsches. If porsche is targeting car and coffee crowd fan base ,in the long run how is porsche compare to other excotics regarding to flash in the pants. Hopefully porsche don’t forget where you came from regarding Motorsport legacy and old customers . ADM attracts new millennial car and coffee crowd fan base = no loyalty.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by T10Chris
I was offered a GT2RS at 100k over a couple of days ago
That is actually low. I have heard of dealers declining offers higher than that.
Old 11-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Except for us people here on rennlist and maybe a few trolls that are speculating, most general population car enthusiasts move on to the latest and greatest. Porsche better not turn off there old fan base which they are doing. There are more competition for porsche now than in the past. Your new product can ride on legacy for so long. Thus we are experiencing the air cooled situation and retro aspects. Lots off old timers in poc are happy racing/tracking the **** out of their older Porsches. If porsche is targeting car and coffee crowd fan base ,in the long run how is porsche compare to other excotics regarding to flash in the pants. Hopefully porsche don’t forget where you came from regarding Motorsport legacy and old customers . ADM attracts new millennial car and coffee crowd fan base = no loyalty.
This is not unique to the Porsche market. Ferraris, Bentleys, Lambos, even Ford with the Focus RS when it was hot. Pretty much any car brand has this phenomenon. . Even Hondas now with the Type R.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:52 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

1:3 ratio, how do you even come up with such data? Not saying right or wrong.

In general, you are probably not too far off, esp in certain hot $ areas of the US. And Porsche turns a blind eye to it because those same dealers have to soak up all the dead-weight volume that's hard and costly to move.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:00 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by PwAg
Is this the new ADM winner? $88k over MSRP. He's fishing for Beluga whale with Kmart special spinner lure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/272925044808
$250k for sofa seats and no full leather? Yeah, ok...
Old 11-13-2017, 09:30 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 397 Likes on 224 Posts

Rockville is also opening a new and much bigger store so that should be interesting.

Do any of them even still have MSRP lists that they stick to?

Originally Posted by carz80am
What you said about Tysons is probably true. Also, the gm can't keep a manager to save her life and has no vision in ordering cars. They barely order any turbo/turbo s cars. Tysons area has A LOT of money in the area and they are probably one of the most under performing stores in the country. They are trying to make a few bucks now off the gt3 to make them selves a few extra bucks, but it will cost them. Arlington is nailing people with huge adm's but he gets cars.

Like everyone said, patience is key. Plenty of other cars to buy.

A couple more popped up on ebay, digging the graphite blue. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odk...18&_sacat=6001
Old 11-13-2017, 10:59 PM
dog bucks
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=carz80am;14601039]What you said about Tysons is probably true. Also, the gm can't keep a manager to save her life and has no vision in ordering cars. They barely order any turbo/turbo s cars. Tysons area has A LOT of money in the area and they are probably one of the most under performing stores in the country. They are trying to make a few bucks now off the gt3 to make them selves a few extra bucks, but it will cost them. Arlington is nailing people with huge adm's but he gets cars.

Like everyone said, patience is key. Plenty of other cars to buy.

mm

Last edited by dog bucks; 12-02-2017 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 02:10 AM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
I wrote PCNA. They wrote me a nice reply back but they didn’t really seem to care
Same here.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM