Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 02:45 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale
Here’s a brand new GT2RS for sale at MSRP:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...5931/overview/

As the least expensive 2RS in the US, there’s no reason why this should be sitting for a month. Should be a good deal for someone here on RL.
The "3.0L H6 Turbocharged DOHC 24V" may be hurting its value a bit.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:08 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,953 Likes on 555 Posts

That car was awarded to us and sent to fill a V70 order for a customer named Travis.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:09 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

CW- you're welcome to visit our world class inventory anytime.

7121 N Palm Ave
Fresno, Ca

You're world class too, would be a treat
Old 05-24-2019, 01:12 PM
pors9
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 20 Posts

-- a policy that was stated alongside a lot of public Porsche dealer/PCNA bashing from Fresno's owner for about a year.
Good info .. what was the policy and/or policy difference?
Old 05-24-2019, 01:13 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pors9
Good info .. what was the policy and/or policy difference?
We always sell msrp to our local clients
Old 05-24-2019, 01:13 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

When a customer orders a car, the dealer changes the order type from LF to KF (customer is "Kunda" in German). When a commission number is in KF, the Connect activation services can be forwarded to the customer and the software that automatically uploads the cars onto the websites at MSRP knows to skip this pre-sold car. This is done so customers don't see their own ordered car listed for sale on the dealer website and the national websites.

This car has never been KF, and has been sitting at Fresno for sale for a month.

Last month, when a new, white GT3 was kept off Rennlist and offered for sale at Fresno with an ADM, I wasn't sure if CJ had changed his policy on GT cars -- a policy that was stated alongside a lot of public Porsche dealer/PCNA bashing from Fresno's owner for about a year. Until I know otherwise, I'm assuming this GT2RS is at MSRP (as listed) and that it would be a great deal for someone here on Rennlist. If it's not at MSRP, I'm hopeful that CJ will change his mind and offer it to RL without additional mark-up.
interesting info, thank you for sharing.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:29 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

It’s definitely for sale - they’ve had it a month.

I’m hopeful C.J. offers it to the RL community for MSRP.

C.J. gets it sold and RL gets a deal. Win/win.
CW (which is dangerously close to CJ),

It seems to me that you have had issue with how CJ conducts business for quite some time. It seems to me that many people come to CJ's defense (not that he needs it). It seems to me that the vast majority of people who have dealt with CJ, myself included, have high praise for his moral and ethical stature. It seems to me that out of all the dealerships that are discussed on Rennlist, CJ is the most transparent, the most informative, and by far the most accessible. It seems to me that you take pleasure in these "jabs" such as your post above; it is a poorly veiled attempt to get CJ to defend his position and even worse, to sell the GT at a price other than what he deems appropriate. I am confident that your goal in your post above was not an altruistic "win-win".

When do we get to know your name? When do we get to have a two sided conversation? When do we get to discover your intent?

I am and will remain a loyal supporter of CJ and his team. Not because he played baseball or has lots of money or has tons of cars or is on RL often or sells cars at MSRP to locals first.

It is because he conducts business with integrity and establishes relationships with reciprocity.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:30 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

^^ I think every dealer just tries to make a little extra money where they can. Who is in business to lose money or minimize profit?

J

Last edited by 96redLT4; 05-24-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-24-2019, 02:44 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
CW (which is dangerously close to CJ),

It seems to me that you have had issue with how CJ conducts business for quite some time. It seems to me that many people come to CJ's defense (not that he needs it). It seems to me that the vast majority of people who have dealt with CJ, myself included, have high praise for his moral and ethical stature. It seems to me that out of all the dealerships that are discussed on Rennlist, CJ is the most transparent, the most informative, and by far the most accessible. It seems to me that you take pleasure in these "jabs" such as your post above; it is a poorly veiled attempt to get CJ to defend his position and even worse, to sell the GT at a price other than what he deems appropriate. I am confident that your goal in your post above was not an altruistic "win-win".

When do we get to know your name? When do we get to have a two sided conversation? When do we get to discover your intent?

I am and will remain a loyal supporter of CJ and his team. Not because he played baseball or has lots of money or has tons of cars or is on RL often or sells cars at MSRP to locals first.

It is because he conducts business with integrity and establishes relationships with reciprocity.
+1 Don’t understand the animosity here. Though it’s easy when done anonymously via the internet I guess.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:03 PM
Diamond 9
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ha!
Old 05-24-2019, 05:42 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

My policy has not changed. It's not advertised at 50k over is it? We are, as always, trying to grow our local business. The goal is to get a local client to buy it as all the others went to local clients. I have sold plenty of used cars or cpo cars nationwide...

Client is still on the hook for this one but it did not get transferred into our inventory until it hit port. It was a port car/ pool car, not an allocated car as it was not built to his spec exactly.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:54 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

He said it is going to “Travis.” Seems like Travis is going be excited.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:04 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

CJ,

Please help us out and buy one the South Florida Porsche dealerships and manage it like your CA dealerships.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:10 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,438 Likes on 776 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
CJ,

Please help us out and buy one the South Florida Porsche dealerships and manage it like your CA dealerships.
How about all the dealerships in Florida while your at it. I had to fly to Philidelphia for my last car because all the Florida dealers were crazy wanting 50k plus adm.
Old 05-24-2019, 10:17 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
CJ,

Would love to- but the cost of such and adventure is outside of my realm now

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM