Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Old 03-08-2019, 02:37 PM
911Nub
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
An essential difference between most of the sites you listed and auction sites like BaT is that the former are showing prices that sellers wish to receive for their cars. The highest BaT bid shows the most anyone is willing to pay for the offered car. Talk is cheap. BS talks, money walks.

And look at this on the bright side. You just discovered a venue where you could load up on GT cars for cheap. Maybe even start a business where you buy cheap GT cars on BaT and sell them on these other sites which reflect prices that are more "real".
I understand the differences and understand your point. But my point is that if BaT is not widely used as a car buying/selling platform, then the price only reflect a certain group of people (bargin hunters?) willing to pay plus the luck not having many people (with buying power) watching that auction at that particular week. If the same Car and auction was advertised on Rennlist and autotrader (list it at your wish price and a link to the auction), do you think the result would be the same? You might get a bargin (like this case) once a while and i would love to get a low milage GT3 at that price (compare to MSRP), I won’t count on it if wanted a car.
Old 03-08-2019, 02:57 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Nub
I understand the differences and understand your point. But my point is that if BaT is not widely used as a car buying/selling platform, then the price only reflect a certain group of people (bargin hunters?) willing to pay plus the luck not having many people (with buying power) watching that auction at that particular week. If the same Car and auction was advertised on Rennlist and autotrader (list it at your wish price and a link to the auction), do you think the result would be the same? You might get a bargin (like this case) once a while and i would love to get a low milage GT3 at that price (compare to MSRP), I won’t count on it if wanted a car.
I understand your point too. Judging from the BaT auctions I've watched over the last couple of years and the comments accompanying them, there are a lot of well heeled and knowledgeable car enthusiasts, dealers, and shops frequenting and watching BaT. Comments on RL threads and classifieds are one thing. Backing words with action ($$$) is another. BaT prices reflect the latter.
Old 03-08-2019, 03:33 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 911Nub

BaT is not a bargain hunter site. Where else would you see a Subaru Brat bring $45k???
Old 03-08-2019, 03:45 PM
GT3
Three Wheelin'

Received 207 Likes on 106 Posts

FWIW, recently sold on eBay:

Old 03-08-2019, 04:35 PM
rmauro
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Car gurus has a stupid system of market value- no way is it correct- based on some algorhtim- all their cars are under market value.
Old 03-08-2019, 05:52 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yup like these cars are on "Fire Sale."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by rmauro
Car gurus has a stupid system of market value- no way is it correct- based on some algorhtim- all their cars are under market value.
Old 03-08-2019, 06:48 PM
chachee
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts

A little late to the party but congrats to the owner that snagged that PTS at the BAT auction.

Scrolled thru the comments and doesn't look like he's going to flip it......

Old 03-08-2019, 10:00 PM
prl
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Did u see the gt that sold at Amelia for 620k.... another deal!
Old 03-08-2019, 10:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,789 Likes on 2,158 Posts

Originally Posted by chachee
A little late to the party but congrats to the owner that snagged that PTS at the BAT auction.

Scrolled thru the comments and doesn't look like he's going to flip it......

That car is cheap, I should have bought the car. I bet it would sell for MSRP or $5k below without a problem via a private party sale.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:06 PM
hf1
Banned

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That car is cheap, I should have bought the car. I bet it would sell for MSRP or $5k below without a problem via a private party sale.
That’s what dozens of commenters in the auction also said. Emphasis is on commenters.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:29 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

So you get it for $160k ($155k plus $5k to BAT), pay tax (ok Martin pays $1000 to Montana), registration, shipping, insurance, and then you sell for $170k or even $175k that’s not making any actual money. And that’s betting on someone who likes slate grey $12k more than agate grey. And everyone is assuming this car did not spend 700 miles on track or have an overrev or something. If you look at the PTS cars that have sat for sale for a long time or, in this case, sold below what the peanut gallery thought, they are colors that are close to factory offerings. Before everyone who loves slate grey or polar silver or Grand Prix White or speed yellow, don’t get me wrong I do too, but you have to find someone to justify the extra money over the standard color pallet.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:35 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
So you get it for $160k ($155k plus $5k to BAT), pay tax (ok Martin pays $1000 to Montana), registration, shipping, insurance, and then you sell for $170k or even $175k that’s not making any actual money. And that’s betting on someone who likes slate grey $12k more than agate grey. And everyone is assuming this car did not spend 700 miles on track or have an overrev or something. If you look at the PTS cars that have sat for sale for a long time or, in this case, sold below what the peanut gallery thought, they are colors that are close to factory offerings. Before everyone who loves slate grey or polar silver or Grand Prix White or speed yellow, don’t get me wrong I do too, but you have to find someone to justify the extra money over the standard color pallet.
Wrong my friend, Nevada doesn't charge sales tax on private party purchases.
Old 03-08-2019, 11:56 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Wrong my friend, Nevada doesn't charge sales tax on private party purchases.
Oh right, you have gone from Montana to Nevada. . Must have been when Montana started charging fees on cars over $150k.

If flipping a $160k car to maybe make $10k is worth it to you, I admire your drive.
Old 03-09-2019, 12:12 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Oh right, you have gone from Montana to Nevada. . Must have been when Montana started charging fees on cars over $150k.

If flipping a $160k car to maybe make $10k is worth it to you, I admire your drive.
Been a Nevada resident since 2005 and have been enjoying the private party no-sales tax purchase benefit since then. The other cool thing about Nevada is that I can buy a private party car (not pay sales tax) and then use that car to buy a new car to get a trade-in sales tax benefit (only paying sales tax, if any, on the price of the new car less the value of the trade-in). Plus no state income tax in Nevada....what a great state!
Old 03-09-2019, 12:40 AM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM