Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:01 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

On the other hand what do the people who believe values are over inflated on the 2RS specifically deem necessary for a vehicle to be special enough to hold or go up in price as opposed to depreciation?

1. Number of cars produced? Where should the cut off be...250 USA cars like the 918....600 like the upcoming Speedster... Are under 1000 units like the 2RS too many and 600 okay? Ferrari will be producing at least 1000 Pistas which will all be sold originally at MSRP but then at least 60+ on the secondary market.

2. Does the car need to be priced better than the competitors to begin with? Pistas around $400, Huracan performante Coupe $350, 720S $350 plus... 2RS seems like a bargain

3. How does the 2RS compare in performance? Documented as the fastest Nurburgring production car (MR) or second behind SVJ unmodified. Also fastest VIR lightning lap time.

Not impressed yet...there is no hope for you!

Originally Posted by goin2drt
I love all these comments in the RS FS ads "this will be gone yesterday", "can't believe this hasn't sold already", "this is a great price will be gone by tomorrow" YET all these cars still sit here with OBVIOUSLY inflated asking prices and the market will not bear it. Just like when the getting is good and things are selling for crazy over MSRP prices, the same happens in the reserve. Please stop with the stupid praise. If it was such a great price it would be sold and weeks later your comments are still there and the car still hasn't sold. We all know the good prices and those cars are gone within hours, not weeks.

Vent over.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:26 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by robcut1
On the other hand what do the people who believe values are over inflated on the 2RS specifically deem necessary for a vehicle to be special enough to hold or go up in price as opposed to depreciation?

1. Number of cars produced? Where should the cut off be...250 USA cars like the 918....600 like the upcoming Speedster... Are under 1000 units like the 2RS too many and 600 okay? Ferrari will be producing at least 1000 Pistas which will all be sold originally at MSRP but then at least 60+ on the secondary market.

2. Does the car need to be priced better than the competitors to begin with? Pistas around $400, Huracan performante Coupe $350, 720S $350 plus... 2RS seems like a bargain

3. How does the 2RS compare in performance? Documented as the fastest Nurburgring production car (MR) or second behind SVJ unmodified. Also fastest VIR lightning lap time.

I'll make it simple for you....supply will exceed demand. Think about how many dealer cars there are along with broker cars along with soon to come 918 VIP cars once the 1 year mark comes. It was a new shiny toy that is becoming the used toy now. The folks that really wanted it badly already paid $150k-$200k over to get the car (probably drank the kool-aid that there were only going to be 500-600 cars and the 2RS was going to be some kind of unicorn limited edition car), no more of those buyers left. A lot of froth and speculation drove the prices to $150k-$200k. It's the same **** all over again just like with the .1RS. History has a funny way of repeating itself.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:27 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

Not exactly sure why my pricing comment post was replied to with nothing that pertains to my post, but I will bite as I have said those similar comments elsewhere. Yes I think the market has spoken and at that price the 2RS is not commanding those prices. You can compare the RS to whatever stats you want. My point in a different post was now you are getting in the $400K+ retail and there are plenty of great cars (usually without the BS) you can get at that price. You actually named most of them. Unless you are a true P fanboy, many other makes are out there with the same enjoyment factor.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:08 PM
robcut1
Instructor

You have have not answered my question. Assuming everyone agrees that the vehicle performs as well as cars costing 75k to 125k more, and is produced in lower quantities than those cars, why will supply exceed demand?

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'll make it simple for you....supply will exceed demand. Think about how many dealer cars there are along with broker cars along with soon to come 918 VIP cars once the 1 year mark comes. It was a new shiny toy that is becoming the used toy now. The folks that really wanted it badly already paid $150k-$200k over to get the car (probably drank the kool-aid that there were only going to be 500-600 cars and the 2RS was going to be some kind of unicorn limited edition car), no more of those buyers left. A lot of froth and speculation drove the prices to $150k-$200k. It's the same **** all over again just like with the .1RS. History has a funny way of repeating itself.
Old 12-30-2018, 08:16 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Not exactly sure why my pricing comment post was replied to with nothing that pertains to my post, but I will bite as I have said those similar comments elsewhere. Yes I think the market has spoken and at that price the 2RS is not commanding those prices. You can compare the RS to whatever stats you want. My point in a different post was now you are getting in the $400K+ retail and there are plenty of great cars (usually without the BS) you can get at that price. You actually named most of them. Unless you are a true P fanboy, many other makes are out there with the same enjoyment factor.
Exactly my point, the car performs and is just as enjoyable as cars costing 400k....and there are less 2RS’s produced than any of the others. Sure there are speculators which will cause market fluctuations but I am optimistic about the potential for this car to maintain it’s value long term. It’s just that special in performance, value, production numbers and overall feel good factor if you ever have any opportunity to look at one and sit behind the wheel like I did yesterday (no, it wasn’t mine and I don’t own one).
Old 12-30-2018, 08:19 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The issue with the other cars, and I own some of them, is that they are not as bullitproof as the Porsches. The other cars need to ge babied to a certain extent whereas the Porsche can withstand a beating. Unless the competition is a very limited production vehcle, they will usually suffer a greater percentage of depreciation. I think at sticker the GT2rs makes sense. Less so with the premium, even though I bit and bought one under such circumstances. What can I say other than I want the fastest production car that Porsche has ever made and one of the fastest cars arond the ‘Ring, That is no BS, but fact. I think that is the attraction and what provides the long tern value.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

You have have not answered my question. Assuming everyone agrees that the vehicle performs as well as cars costing 75k to 125k more, and is produced in lower quantities than those cars, why will supply exceed demand?
Why will supply exceed demand? Because inventory is artificially limited (dealer spec'ed cars and 918 VIP owns who fully intend to flip the car after the 1 year holding period) at the moment plus there's probably another 150-200 more GT2RSs that are coming to the US in 2019. Wasn't production supposed to stop in 2018? Porsche must have not gotten that memo as they are building cars through March 2019. I would be willing to wager that there are at least 50+ dealer spec'ed cars whether on the ground or in route. Like I said, there aren't anymore guys willing to pay $150k-$200k over because they know there are plenty of available cars out there now and more are coming. I'm not saying that it isn't a cool car and that it'll tank in prices. I think prices will range within $50k below to MSRP until their rumors of an even better 992 GT2RS coming, there aren't many other cars that hold their value that well mainly because Porsche won't as many of them as other car makers have. Remember those $75k to $125k higher prices cars will be below the MSRP of a GT2RS within 1-2 years because they are depreciation machines.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Miamistv
The issue with the other cars, and I own some of them, is that they are not as bullitproof as the Porsches. The other cars need to ge babied to a certain extent whereas the Porsche can withstand a beating. Unless the competition is a very limited production vehcle, they will usually suffer a greater percentage of depreciation. I think at sticker the GT2rs makes sense. Less so with the premium, even though I bit and bought one under such circumstances. What can I say other than I want the fastest production car that Porsche has ever made and one of the fastest cars arond the ‘Ring, That is no BS, but fact. I think that is the attraction and what provides the long tern value.
Agreed, Porsches are bulletproof...I know this first hand. That's why the value of GT2RS will hold up a lot better than most all other cars in the $250k-$500k price range.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:24 PM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by white6speed
When does the group expect production to end on both RS's
April 2019
Old 12-30-2018, 10:34 PM
robcut1
Instructor

Why will supply exceed demand? Because inventory is artificially limited (dealer spec'ed cars and 918 VIP owns who fully intend to flip the car after the 1 year holding period) at the moment plus there's probably another 150-200 more GT2RSs that are coming to the US in 2019. Wasn't production supposed to stop in 2018? Porsche must have not gotten that memo as they are building cars through March 2019. I would be willing to wager that there are at least 50+ dealer spec'ed cars whether on the ground or in route. Like I said, there aren't anymore guys willing to pay $150k-$200k over because they know there are plenty of available cars out there now and more are coming. I'm not saying that it isn't a cool car and that it'll tank in prices. I think prices will range within $50k below to MSRP until their rumors of an even better 992 GT2RS coming, there aren't many other cars that hold their value that well mainly because Porsche won't as many of them as other car makers have. Remember those $75k to $125k higher prices cars will be below the MSRP of a GT2RS within 1-2 years because they are depreciation machines.
And I think you are wrong, the Porsche is a better, more reliable car as others have demonstrated and has a smaller total production volume. It is priced the same or better than the competitors even with some premium , and it outperformed anything else available. Incidentally, the last GT2 was built 8 years ago so keep waiting for the 992 version that is “better”. Even Porsche admitted that the target for the 918 successor is a 6:30 lap time which is within 10 seconds of the current 2RS MR. Regardless, it does come down to how many cars are for sale and how many people are interested. Where we differ is that I believe more people will want to own this particular vehicle than you do. To me, it seems irrelevant whether there are 50 or 250 of these cars on the market since this vehicle has proven itself as highly desirable to more people than that. Even if all 1000 were available, there are likely more than 1000 people still willing to pay MSRP or more. Using your philosophy, no Porsche would ever be collectible or gain in value disputing known facts. It is not mathematically valid to say that the upcoming Speedster will be more collectible than the 2RS because there will be a few hundred more 2Rs’s built. You are discussing inventories like a few hundred cars makes a difference in a world of thousands of enthusiasts.

Last edited by robcut1; 12-30-2018 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:35 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

This was very well said and I mostly agree. I am aware of some cars that have recently sold in the 150 prem sphere because of the perceived vale of certain colors. I disagree that those cars should be in that ange, but hey they sold at FMV. In addition, some allocations commanded a healthy premium, I would guess around 100, because the slot was an open config. That was not totally unfair. I was willing to pay 150 a while ago for a few cool builds. That woukd not be the case today. Maybe a lot of people are not even exploring the market bc they are not aware of the softening of prices.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:59 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know if/how the .2 3RS production will compare with .1 3RS production however if it does we have more coming. I received and ordered a .1 3RS allocation in July/August 2016. It was built in late Nov 2016 and did not arrive to the dealer until the last week of January 2017. I know Porsche produced more after mine but I don't know how many they built in Nov/Dec 2016. I am hoping they produce similar for the .2 3RS.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:04 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Delete
Old 12-31-2018, 06:21 AM
iheart9k
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

Know of 2 dealer spec'd 3RS on the ground available with 20k ADM. DM if interested and I'll pass along contact info and specs
Black+WP+Liz Green Accents
Liz Green
Old 12-31-2018, 10:13 AM
Manoverpdk
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 75 Posts

Can anyone speculate what would happen to the value of the current 3& 2 rs if the 992 3/3rs power was bumped to naturally aspirated 550+ ?

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM