Notices
991 GT3 GT3RS and 911R
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

 
Old 12-26-2018, 04:29 PM
  #3466  
Miamistv
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 62
Default

I have a 2019 March build. Looking forward to pictures.
Miamistv is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 04:46 PM
  #3467  
carz80am
Addict
Rennlist Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 567
Default

Went by tysons porsche today and they have 1 gt2rs and 2 gt3rs sitting on the showroom floor. I know they wan't over, but no number was given. They said "make an offer", I have a gt3rs and not interested in a gt2rs so if anyone is interested, contact Rick or Khoa
carz80am is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 05:11 PM
  #3468  
Jrtaylor9
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London / NYC
Posts: 2,024
Default

Originally Posted by Miamistv
VIP customers purchased their GT cars at MSRP. I believe the statement that most others purchased their cars at MSRP is not correct.
Sorry, I'm not incorrect; you just need a new dealer I'm no 918 VIP and no one i run with is. We've all bought GT/RS's at list. I'll restate: most of the RS's that are sold, are sold at MSRP.

Most guys that buy at list don't come on the forum saying "ha, ha, I bought at MSRP". Most GT's are already committed to top customers before they ever launch and at MSRP.
Jrtaylor9 is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 05:52 PM
  #3469  
goin2drt
Super User
 
goin2drt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kentucky finally made it out of Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
Posts: 2,703
Default

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9 View Post
Sorry, I'm not incorrect; you just need a new dealer I'm no 918 VIP and no one i run with is. We've all bought GT/RS's at list. I'll restate: most of the RS's that are sold, are sold at MSRP.

Most guys that buy at list don't come on the forum saying "ha, ha, I bought at MSRP". Most GT's are already committed to top customers before they ever launch and at MSRP.
I think he is confusing new purchase to ďdelivery mile/stealerĒ purchase. You are correct, most new purchases are made at MSRP. Many then get sold back to the dealer to flip them at what they like to call ďmarket rateĒ and there you have many GTís not being bought at MSRP. Indeed the first new buyer is getting them for MSRP the majority of the time.
goin2drt is online now  
Old 12-26-2018, 06:50 PM
  #3470  
Jrtaylor9
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London / NYC
Posts: 2,024
Default

^^^Correct and better said.
Jrtaylor9 is offline  
Old 12-26-2018, 07:58 PM
  #3471  
Miamistv
User
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 62
Default

Are you buying GT2s at MSRP and when were they purchased? As it seems much easier to obtain a GT3 or a GT3RS at MSRP as the ADMs are much closer to list. On a GT2, the asking is 100 plus over and I have had offers for less rejected and walked. As mentioned, there are a few cars out there that may be less given how they are built. Also, I think things were a little different if the cars were ordered early on as opposed to now. If a dealer will deliver an untitled correctly optioned car to me MSRP please contact me by PM or otherwise and I will save money and you will have a sale. It seems that if the going price was MSRP at this point there would be fewer cars available and dealers would stop asking for such high premiums.
Miamistv is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 06:32 PM
  #3472  
-eztrader-
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
-eztrader-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,339
Default

-eztrader- is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:10 PM
  #3473  
Rxpert
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 61
Default

So itís official just got the call from my dealership and no GT3 allocation for me despite placing a deposit 4 years ago. Iím not VIP enough to get one.

Anyways, Iíd be willing to pay an ADM to anyone in CANADA for a configurable allocation. I know this is a unicorn and may not even exsist anymore, but thought Iíd post here and at least try to get lucky, who knows.

Please PM if you have any leads. Thanks in advance for any help!
Rxpert is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:20 PM
  #3474  
MJG911
User
 
MJG911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Loganville (Atlanta) GA
Posts: 1,470
Default

Originally Posted by Rxpert View Post
So itís official just got the call from my dealership and no GT3 allocation for me despite placing a deposit 4 years ago. Iím not VIP enough to get one.

Anyways, Iíd be willing to pay an ADM to anyone in CANADA for a configurable allocation. I know this is a unicorn and may not even exsist anymore, but thought Iíd post here and at least try to get lucky, who knows.

Please PM if you have any leads. Thanks in advance for any help!
that sucks. sorry to hear it.
MJG911 is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 07:26 PM
  #3475  
hlvg
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
hlvg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: San Jose, CA - USA
Posts: 172
Default

Originally Posted by Rxpert View Post
So itís official just got the call from my dealership and no GT3 allocation for me despite placing a deposit 4 years ago. Iím not VIP enough to get one.

Anyways, Iíd be willing to pay an ADM to anyone in CANADA for a configurable allocation. I know this is a unicorn and may not even exsist anymore, but thought Iíd post here and at least try to get lucky, who knows.

Please PM if you have any leads. Thanks in advance for any help!
Bummer, sorry to hear that - Did they ever told you how far down their list you were?
hlvg is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 08:15 PM
  #3476  
Rxpert
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by hlvg View Post
Bummer, sorry to hear that - Did they ever told you how far down their list you were?
Hahahaha! What a joke! I have it in writing from the dealership GM saying I was #1 on the list when I placed the deposit. Then I got the call saying I was bumped to #3 for a couple VIPs after the GT3 was officially announced, then I was bumped down further this year because some NHL players wanted the car and they bring advertising for the brand blah blah blah. Then I got the call saying sorry, last allocation was gone.

I didnít ask how close I actually was because it would either be a lie or if I was actually next in line Iíd only hate them all the more. Some things are best not knowing.....
Rxpert is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 08:22 PM
  #3477  
Manoverpdk
User
 
Manoverpdk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 46
Default

Damn lying leaches. Now officially worse than ambulance chasers.
Manoverpdk is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 08:55 PM
  #3478  
rmag
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
rmag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,369
Default

rmag is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 09:27 PM
  #3479  
JPMD
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
JPMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Posts: 640
Default

Originally Posted by Rxpert View Post


Hahahaha! What a joke! I have it in writing from the dealership GM saying I was #1 on the list when I placed the deposit. Then I got the call saying I was bumped to #3 for a couple VIPs after the GT3 was officially announced, then I was bumped down further this year because some NHL players wanted the car and they bring advertising for the brand blah blah blah. Then I got the call saying sorry, last allocation was gone.

I didnít ask how close I actually was because it would either be a lie or if I was actually next in line Iíd only hate them all the more. Some things are best not knowing.....

This totally sucks. These are the worst dealerships the ones that play games and are not transparent. So late in the process at this point.
At least some of the "stealerships" disclose at the beginning what their plan is and what it would take ie ADM to get the car. Consumer can at least make a choice.

JPMD is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 09:58 PM
  #3480  
Rxpert
User
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 61
Default

Originally Posted by JPMD View Post
This totally sucks. These are the worst dealerships the ones that play games and are not transparent. So late in the process at this point.
At least some of the "stealerships" disclose at the beginning what their plan is and what it would take ie ADM to get the car. Consumer can at least make a choice.
I know! Had they been honest I would have offered to pay an ADM or at least explored other options this past year. Instead I get them saying ďdonít worry weíll get you a car, Iím confident just waitĒ until itís the end of effing production

This entire thing has almost turned me off of Porsche as a brand. The whole buying, flipping, ADMs, lies, etc. The only problem is I canít think of another NA, manual transmission sports car that Iíd rather drive..... so now Iíve been looking at used cars on Autotrader. Only problem is 20-$30K ADMs here in Canada and none of them are optioned just quite right.

I guess Iíll be waiting until 2019 and hoping the used prices come back down to a reasonable level. I wonít spend that much ADM on a USED car. New car that I can option, sure Iíll pay to play, but used, just canít out of principle. End rant.... thanks for listening guys
Rxpert is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: