Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2018, 05:32 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 201 Posts

Not "knowing" Ron, aka evil, but seeing many of his prior comments and posts, I am sensing major sarcasm.

Originally Posted by Bobby 911

wow
Originally Posted by cacpa
There's the Xmas spirit. I hope everyone around me loses lots and lots of money so I can buy a convertible. You must be fun to be around at the office.
Originally Posted by John Belk

SMH....surely you’re joking or is it trolling. Good Lord what a thing to wish for...
Old 12-25-2018, 05:41 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2

Not "knowing" Ron, aka evil, but seeing many of his prior comments and posts, I am sensing major sarcasm.

I need to keep up the

I guess everyone is a little touchy these days.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:00 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij

I need to keep up the

I guess everyone is a little touchy these days.
Ok, you got me laughing... I’m no stranger to sarcasm, besides if I jumped out of a window it’s only a two foot drop at my house...worse case scenario...spranged ankle and bruised pride.
Old 12-25-2018, 06:06 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm not trying to sounds mean spirited or bitter, I'm just stating my opinion. I mean, we've seen something very similar happen with the .1RS a few years ago when ADMs got as high as $125k over. It's the same old thing with a different car. They are building 2RSs at least through Feb (and who knows if it goes beyond that point) so there will be at least 1,000 US cars. Last I checked the ADMs have gone from about $200k over to $50k over. You'll have most VIP owners list their cars for sale once they hit the 1 year ownership mark and then you have what's going on with the stock market which put push prices down further. The 2RS isn't the only GT going to be selling below MSRP in 2019, the 3RS along with the GT3 will also be selling below MSRP in 2019. The 2RS is a beast of a car and must be a blast to drive but thinking that it's some kind of special unicorn where it will trade above MSRP for the long haul is being beyond wishful. If you have a 2RS, enjoy driving it and don't worry what the value will be. Btw, Merry Christmas!
You're winning in the "smiles from miles" category. Value mongers may not appreciate your words, but I hear what you're saying.
#respect4driving
Old 12-25-2018, 06:06 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

Ok, you got me laughing... I’m no stranger to sarcasm, besides if I jumped out of a window it’s only a two foot drop at my house...worse case scenario...spranged ankle and bruised pride.
I am too fat to fit through the window.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:03 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,791 Likes on 2,159 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
You're winning in the "smiles from miles" category. Value mongers may not appreciate your words, but I hear what you're saying.
#respect4driving
I guess I don't see these 991 GT cars as investments or garage art, to me they are cars to be driven and enjoyed. Any car that I don't drive, I sell because I'm not a collector. We are all lucky to be able to drive such wonderful cars.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:39 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

i have been in the GT2rs market and have an upcoming build. I have not seen nor heard of any cars from a dealer at 50k or anywhere near 50k over at this point. Please let us know which dealers are selling at that price.
Old 12-26-2018, 12:30 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,731 Likes on 4,763 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Careful, you might get the 2RS fanboys riled up by saying you can get the car at $50k ADM. haha I now adjust my estimate, the 2RS will be trading below MSRP (along with the GT3/Touring/3RS).
Originally Posted by Hex
You sound bitter with your constant, "the bottom will fall out of the GT2RS market." It's like you want it to happen to those (whom you call fanboys) fortunate enough to get one. I don't like ADM's either, I don't think any of us here do, but you sure seem to get enjoyment from trying to rain on other people's parade. What's up with you?
Especially ironic since @usctrojanGT3 is himself a flipper, although he just won't admit to it publicly.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:22 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv
i have been in the GT2rs market and have an upcoming build. I have not seen nor heard of any cars from a dealer at 50k or anywhere near 50k over at this point. Please let us know which dealers are selling at that price.
The 50k market has some good will built into it for the right customer and right dealer. If u r cold calling dealers across the county, most that will even respond to a "guy off the street" are looking to maximize an individual allocation to the highest bidder and still asking 100+. Other dealers that would tell a cold call they have none available would be more than willing to sell a 2rs at 50k over to a good customer; but, in fairness, most of those dealers would sell it to their customers at MSRP. I'm willing to bet the lion-share of 2rs and 3rs AND R's were/are sold at MSRP. Those are all going to long-standing dealer/customer relationships (again, the lion-share of all RS transactions). Anyone in my personal data-set (granted, it's only long-term Porsche enthusiasts) have ALL bought every 991rs (including the 2rs) at list.

So saying 50k allocations don't exist is bull. They do. So do 0adm and 150kadm. It depends on the customer and the dealer.

I am 110% confident I can pull a 2rs allocation at 50k adm. I'm not going to wind up a good dealer and post and email on here to prove a point. Neither will any of the guys that have that relationship abuse it to prove a point to the RL crowd. I can't get one at MSRP at the moment because i bartered that option away for something I wanted more at one of the good guy dealers that I gave good relationship with. That being said, if they spit a few more out than currently allocated, I will.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:46 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
The 50k market has some good will built into it for the right customer and right dealer. If u r cold calling dealers across the county, most that will even respond to a "guy off the street" are looking to maximize an individual allocation to the highest bidder and still asking 100+. Other dealers that would tell a cold call they have none available would be more than willing to sell a 2rs at 50k over to a good customer; but, in fairness, most of those dealers would sell it to their customers at MSRP. I'm willing to bet the lion-share of 2rs and 3rs AND R's were/are sold at MSRP. Those are all going to long-standing dealer/customer relationships (again, the lion-share of all RS transactions). Anyone in my personal data-set (granted, it's only long-term Porsche enthusiasts) have ALL bought every 991rs (including the 2rs) at list.

So saying 50k allocations don't exist is bull. They do. So do 0adm and 150kadm. It depends on the customer and the dealer.

I am 110% confident I can pull a 2rs allocation at 50k adm. I'm not going to wind up a good dealer and post and email on here to prove a point. Neither will any of the guys that have that relationship abuse it to prove a point to the RL crowd. I can't get one at MSRP at the moment because i bartered that option away for something I wanted more at one of the good guy dealers that I gave good relationship with. That being said, if they spit a few more out than currently allocated, I will.
Nailed it.
Old 12-26-2018, 09:08 AM
robcut1
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
I can't get one at MSRP at the moment because i bartered that option away for something I wanted more at one of the good guy dealers that I gave good relationship with. That being said, if they spit a few more out than currently allocated, I will.
How can you “barter” with a dealer to get an allocation by not buying a car from them. I would think that they would want you to buy a car regardless of whether it was MSRP or over in order for you to get something else unique.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:14 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

If u want exact details for what I'm referring to, feel free to PM me.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:44 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

One of my mclaren customers got two cars and texted me that he is 'willing to let his chalk car go"

It has 400 miles. His asking price is sensible compared to others but he is trying to make a profit.
Old 12-26-2018, 03:57 PM
Miamistv
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

VIP customers purchased their GT cars at MSRP. I believe the statement that most others purchased their cars at MSRP is not correct. I believe that the current ADM for an untitled GT2rs is between 100 to 150 over MSRP, depending upon, a buildable allocation, color, options, the dealer's financial condition at the moment, and whatever is happening to the economy. To be sure, on some of the more common builds (GT Silver) if one catches the dealer at the right time one may be able to complete a purchase for a little less. Why should a dealer give away profits? Many dealer are very limited in the allocations that they receive. I am not a cold caller. I have had many Porsches and currently have a 991 TTS Cab, in addition to many other high end sports cars. I have a good relationship with dealers and am friends with an owner. I am accepted as a serious buyer. I base my opinion not on conjecture, but on rejected offers. I do not believe that there are many 2019s to be built, but others with more knowledge may weigh in. In the overall scheme, there are more buyers of these vehicles than in previous editions and there really are not that many for sale. Many believe that after production is complete the values will rise. I am not in this camp. I unhappily accept heavy depreciation for the joy of driving such a fast, fun, great looking and capable vehicle.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:16 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Miamistv
VIP customers purchased their GT cars at MSRP. I believe the statement that most others purchased their cars at MSRP is not correct. I believe that the current ADM for an untitled GT2rs is between 100 to 150 over MSRP, depending upon, a buildable allocation, color, options, the dealer's financial condition at the moment, and whatever is happening to the economy. To be sure, on some of the more common builds (GT Silver) if one catches the dealer at the right time one may be able to complete a purchase for a little less. Why should a dealer give away profits? Many dealer are very limited in the allocations that they receive. I am not a cold caller. I have had many Porsches and currently have a 991 TTS Cab, in addition to many other high end sports cars. I have a good relationship with dealers and am friends with an owner. I am accepted as a serious buyer. I base my opinion not on conjecture, but on rejected offers. I do not believe that there are many 2019s to be built, but others with more knowledge may weigh in. In the overall scheme, there are more buyers of these vehicles than in previous editions and there really are not that many for sale. Many believe that after production is complete the values will rise. I am not in this camp. I unhappily accept heavy depreciation for the joy of driving such a fast, fun, great looking and capable vehicle.
Got pic's of your 2RS?

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM