Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2018, 01:39 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
PTS Wing vs PTS touring. 2 different animals, and 2 different objects of desire. As I see it, you aren’t the one who currently owns one of these vehicles, therefore do not possess the first hand knowledge of what I have been offered, and others have been offered that own a PTS touring with a bit of CXX options. When, and if I do sell, you will see that your math skills are very close to being validated.

Again, do your research newbie, and perhaps pay for a rennlist membership. You may have more credibility.

You are correct. As irrational as it may seem: I was very clear with the salesperson when they called to let me know my name was up (after being on their list 2 years) that I was not interested unless it was a Touring. Unfortunately, I was unable to get PTS but Chalk was one of my choices of color so the decision was made for me.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:45 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
Again, do your research newbie, and perhaps pay for a rennlist membership. You may have more credibility.
pretty ironic as i would question the credibility of anyone who judges someone by whether they have a RL membership.
Old 12-18-2018, 01:59 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by medici78
You are correct. As irrational as it may seem: I was very clear with the salesperson when they called to let me know my name was up (after being on their list 2 years) that I was not interested unless it was a Touring. Unfortunately, I was unable to get PTS but Chalk was one of my choices of color so the decision was made for me.
I can definitely relate to this. I have no interest in the previous GT3 or current 3RS. Some of us just have to have a manual box and no wing. I'm one of the folks that would have loved a 911R but had no chance at getting one. The GT3T is just perfect for me and I think many others that longed for the R.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:09 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 165 Posts

Used sapphire blue 400 miles well optioned on cargurus from private seller at msrp

Old 12-18-2018, 03:21 PM
medici78
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Closertotruth
I can definitely relate to this. I have no interest in the previous GT3 or current 3RS. Some of us just have to have a manual box and no wing. I'm one of the folks that would have loved a 911R but had no chance at getting one. The GT3T is just perfect for me and I think many others that longed for the R.
I'm in exactly the same boat as you.
Porsche redeemed themselves, in my eyes, when they released the Touring as I was very disappointed when they released exactly what I wanted out of a 991 in the 911R and the majority ended up in speculators hands. I'm thrilled to get one at a small ADM vs 2-3x MSRP
Old 12-18-2018, 06:17 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 612 Likes on 342 Posts

Thats a nice circle jerk you guys have going over these tourings with obscure paint jobs. 20 less horsepower at speed, cant tell the difference between a touring and a base carrera, and 13k for paint is not going to thrill most porsche buyers off rennlist. Quite the opposite in fact. There is always two sides to the story and I am glad we are hearing yours loud and clear. I hope you comprehend most people (take anyone of my friends for instance that also love fast cars), would think 13k for a paint job is idiotic and would be very confused I would ever get the wing deleted on a gt3.

Leads me to the question why anyone on here is putting tourings or pts on pedestals... I can tell you why, the 911r and the fact pts used to be rare once upon a time. There will be more and more tourings made and people will stop caring about them (diminishing sparkle) as porsche will sell as many as possible, they are not limited at all. Pts has already become common from this last round of gt3's proving that, whether you want to admit it or not. When 1 out of every 5 cars is pts on the used market and the premium turns into nothing, as most people dgaf, especially factoring in the 13k price tag people will stop ordering them new. GOOD NEWS THOUGH! Pts will be rare again because very few people will want to get reamed 13k and have no value at the end, but for the ones that just dont care about price, they will again have a car in a color no one else got.

We have not seen the adjustment yet. when you sell your touring in 3 years for 150k, I am guessing you wont order pts again...
Old 12-18-2018, 06:21 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Back to what this thread is about (funny how the pts value trolls will jab it in on almost any thread),

Stevens Creek has an open GT3 allocation for Feb build. As they are in the biggest rip off market on the planet they are asking 20k over. So if anyone wants to get reamed over there. Probably offering pts touring too rofl
Old 12-18-2018, 07:10 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 67 Posts

If Porsche knows one thing more than any other car maker is how to have "milk" one product ... there's a 911 for virtually every taste and pocket.
Touring "circle jerk" !?! PTS!? get real... there are a lot of people who would love to have one or a combination of those. It's the allocation system that is screwed up...
We all make our choices with our pocket one way or the other... Wings are more flashy...maybe?! Tourings are stealthier...sure... P cars are more subtle than others...most certainly.
What's the value in 3 years... do you really care!?! Maybe this is not the kind of toy for you.
Old 12-18-2018, 07:14 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
If Porsche knows one thing more than any other car maker is how to have "milk" one product ... there's a 911 for virtually every taste and pocket.
Touring "circle jerk" !?! PTS!? get real... there are a lot of people who would love to have one or a combination of those. It's the allocation system that is screwed up...
We all make our choices with our pocket one way or the other... Wings are more flashy...maybe?! Tourings are stealthier...sure... P cars are more subtle than others...most certainly.
What's the value in 3 years... do you really care!?! Maybe this is not the kind of toy for you.
I am the one arguing against value, I fully expect to get crushed on resale. Everyone else seems to want to tell me why their super special edition Porsche is worth so much and is instantly collectible. I am simply one of the few people telling them they are completely delusional...
Old 12-18-2018, 07:32 PM
Fdvigna
Rennlist Member

Received 193 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I am the one arguing against value, I fully expect to get crushed on resale. Everyone else seems to want to tell me why their super special edition Porsche is worth so much and is instantly collectible. I am simply one of the few people telling them they are completely delusional...
Fair enough. Maybe you and I ... and most here don’t value PTS or Touring extraordinarily to command higher prices... but some may. Maybe a few get lucky ... but overall these are toy cars not investment cars.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:53 PM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
Thats a nice circle jerk you guys have going over these tourings with obscure paint jobs. 20 less horsepower at speed, cant tell the difference between a touring and a base carrera, and 13k for paint is not going to thrill most porsche buyers off rennlist. Quite the opposite in fact. There is always two sides to the story and I am glad we are hearing yours loud and clear. I hope you comprehend most people (take anyone of my friends for instance that also love fast cars), would think 13k for a paint job is idiotic and would be very confused I would ever get the wing deleted on a gt3.

Leads me to the question why anyone on here is putting tourings or pts on pedestals... I can tell you why, the 911r and the fact pts used to be rare once upon a time. There will be more and more tourings made and people will stop caring about them (diminishing sparkle) as porsche will sell as many as possible, they are not limited at all. Pts has already become common from this last round of gt3's proving that, whether you want to admit it or not. When 1 out of every 5 cars is pts on the used market and the premium turns into nothing, as most people dgaf, especially factoring in the 13k price tag people will stop ordering them new. GOOD NEWS THOUGH! Pts will be rare again because very few people will want to get reamed 13k and have no value at the end, but for the ones that just dont care about price, they will again have a car in a color no one else got.

We have not seen the adjustment yet. when you sell your touring in 3 years for 150k, I am guessing you wont order pts again...
I appreciate your input although I totally disagree. You and your friends may think others are crazy for spending 13k for PTS on a car. Fine. Others, such as myself, pay it because it IS worth it to us. If it wasn't, I wouldn't pay for it. Spend your money the way you see fit and I will do the same.
Old 12-19-2018, 12:46 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I appreciate your input although I totally disagree. You and your friends may think others are crazy for spending 13k for PTS on a car. Fine. Others, such as myself, pay it because it IS worth it to us. If it wasn't, I wouldn't pay for it. Spend your money the way you see fit and I will do the same.
have to agree with you. This is our new PTS SVR yet to be delivered, I don’t know anyone that has done a PTS Land Rover but for us the overall ownership experience is special each time you walk up to the car. To each his own, the best part of money is getting to spend it the way you like.

Old 12-19-2018, 12:54 AM
Porsche911GTS'16
Drifting

Received 1,159 Likes on 562 Posts

Bingo!
Old 12-19-2018, 01:01 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

When did rover start doing PTS? I have had my eye on an LWB Range Rover for a while, PTS might put me over the top.
Old 12-19-2018, 01:17 AM
Dot23RS
Pro

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
When did rover start doing PTS? I have had my eye on an LWB Range Rover for a while, PTS might put me over the top.
supposedly the first and only NA Bespoke Rover but I’m not 100% sure if that’s true. The process has been very very difficult but excited to see the outcome. We did full what would be “CXX” so we’ll see how the blue “deviated” stitching, interior and calipers turns out.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM