Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Old 08-26-2018, 01:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,476 Likes on 2,266 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
Fair point. It did not work for me. NOW the difference is if I was a continual buyer of other Porsche's (non GT) over and over again then maybe, just maybe I could have gotten one. I am not in that financial ability to do that. I own one Porsche. However I have spent hours upon hours in, at and around a few dealerships to include ALL my service as well as talking multiple (probably 20) other of my PCA friends to use a particular dealer for service.
buddy, you sound like a legit enthusiast. but it takes time to build relationship. my father started buying porsches in 1969 and i started in 2001. when i first started, i can even get anyone to sell me a boxster S.
i applaud you for servicing your car at your dealer and supporting them.
out group does the same. i bring close to 150 cars to a certain local dealership for service, no not all mine. i dont print money. but we have a large group of porsche nuts here.
u will get there and you will then realized that EVERYONE have to work their way up there. and even today, i still pay ADM on some cars.

I was not successful trying your above strategy at 4 different dealers. Yes I was a buyer BTW. I ended up getting my now current .1 GT3 because I was tired of the BS and games and quite frankly on 2 separate occasions actual lies from 2 different GM's.

I do however agree with most of your post except the "most aren't even real buyers" as I can only speak for myself.
relationship is important but not all dealers value that.
i speak from experience

Originally Posted by MEM82
Im not here to call anyone out. The truth of the matter is that there are way too many low mileage cars for sale so soon after release, initially ordered by customers who had no intention of keeping them. Individual situations change, and some get the unexpected allocation for the next gt model, but we know that does not account for the majority of cars for sale.

​​​​​​It's unfortunate for those people who wanted to create, keep and enjoy their cars.
yes there are many speculators out there for sure.
but not all low mile cars are speculation and for some ppl after a few hundred miles they get bored and want to try something else.

yes ... Mooty need all the RL attention, we all know that.

you clearly do not know mooty

I will give you one better. This GT car stuff is such BS there are dealers making deals with VIPs to have them order their spec and the car sits at the dealer for the year needed so they don’t get kicked out all the while the dealer paying for the car and flipping it right at a year.
i am not a VIP, i do not own a 918
but hypothetically, if YOU were a 918 owner, you can get all the "hot" cars you want for PCNA. and remeber most 918 owners have 20+ cars in collection (and that is a poor 918 owners, i am being serious as i have clients who are 918 VIP, and they have 3-4 gulf streams i kid you not). while the money isn't a big deal to them, if some one shove 50k down your pants, you honestly going to reject it? how about this, i will wire you $500k for the GT3 you bought from CJ. you are going to tell me NO? i am a little lost.
my lack of patience makes me a poor "flipper" for profit, thus i dont flip to make money. but hell if someone calls me up and pay me $1.5MM for my 4.0. it's GONE. and i have zero qualm to publically say i made a HUGE profit on my 4.0. so, if any one is inclined to make me into a real flipper, let me know and i will tell you where to send the money.
Old 08-26-2018, 04:51 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

mooty your point in 2 is the best one. I won’t deal with liars.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:44 AM
Akunob
Rennlist Member

Received 896 Likes on 569 Posts

Wow, I leave town for 2 days and miss epic posts! Can we agree that simply selling a low mileage GT car doesn’t necessarily make one a flipper. A flipper is a speculator, pure and simple. Someone who looks to profit from the supply/demand imbalance created by the relatively low production numbers for highly sought after GT cars. Selling a low mileage PTS GT car in order to acquire a .2 GT3RS does not necessarily make Martin a flipper. Mooty, with your history with cars, you categorically fail the flipper test...too many cars sold below your cost LOL! If you were a flipper, you’d be the worst flipper in the history of flippers. That said, there are games being played between dealers and “high value customers” (not VIPs) which deprive most regular customers from getting GT car allocations at MSRP, and I know because I refused to play the game with my .2 GT3RS allocation so those with a beef have a legitimate reason to be upset. To them I say, it comes with the territory, just be happy it isn’t as bad as those played by Ferrari.

Last edited by Akunob; 08-26-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 08:57 AM
Augdog1964
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Amen!

This is AMERICA, if you have the funds, the desire, and the ability... and aren't hurting anyone... DO WHAT YOU WANT!
I get so tired of Americans getting involved in other's business... it used to be "mind your own business" and "if it isn't illegal or immoral its ok..."

Not anymore... ahh the good old days.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:01 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

^^ Exactly.

I am glad I didn’t give up hope when my dealer inexplicably didn’t get an allocation for my RS.
And I’m still not sure if that was straight forward and perhaps someone compelled them either by sending them an allocation for me, or my number magically came up. It’s those kind of times and i‘m no VIP.

Im with Onelove above. There are sooo many GT cars being fired at the market at such a fast and furious pace that flipping / going through cars every few months just happens now.

I gave my deposit in 2007 to my dealer and all new cars since came from them, all at MSRP. I didn’t even ask for a discount on Mrs TRAKCAR’s Macan.
My infliction isn’t as severe as Mooty’s but I’ve done all I could to build a relation with my dealer, who is 5 hours driving away and we have probably 8 dealers closer by.
Because of my relation, I was offered at least half a dozen GT3’s at sticker. From loaded PDK cars to stripper manuals to PTS.
3 or 4 from my dealer.

if I would have grabbed the loaded PDK, I might have flipped it for the stripper manual.
I don’t care for the GT3 so I just shared them and send them to friends. Had I bought them, I would have sold them at market.

Had I bought 4 GT3’s in different flavors this year, would that make me a flipper?

Maybe I should have made a litttle money, but wasn’t worth it to me.
I sold my 997 4.0 for over sticker.. because it became a collectors car.
Nice car but not worth the money they go for to me. I’m no collector I like to beat the cars to death and replace when timed out.

Porsche is creating max profits on GT cars via very high prices AND VERY HIGH VOLUME.
They are grabbing the over MSRP for themselves!

$350K GT2RS
$225K GT3RS
$200K GT3

GTFOH, that’s insane pricing and with all the varieties and all the new models on top of very high volume of the .1’s Porsche has killed the flipper game, while insuring decent resale value of the .1’s

Would Mooty have bought them all if 20% depreciation off the lot was the norm like other cars?
Fewer perhaps, but if you can get a free test drive to see what’s what, why not?

Then again one day he woke up and thought it was a good idea to by a TT, didn’t like it and lost his ***..

Sometimes you can get a free test ride l, but to really understand the car, you need to own it and flip it.
Win some, lose some.

My cristal ball says all are MSRP next year. Many of us who were here 10 and 20 years ago will continue to buy GT cars regardless.
The real flippers who just buy Porsche because they were free for a couple years will be gone. And that will be the second step of supply >demand.

The days of free GT cars are history very soon.

Last edited by TRAKCAR; 08-26-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:10 AM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Augdog1964
Amen!

This is AMERICA, if you have the funds, the desire, and the ability... and aren't hurting anyone... DO WHAT YOU WANT!
I get so tired of Americans getting involved in other's business... it used to be "mind your own business" and "if it isn't illegal or immoral its ok..."

Not anymore... ahh the good old days.
+1
Old 08-26-2018, 09:13 AM
FormulaOneAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dvas1974
2016 991.1 GT3RS Lava Orange
3,700 Miles
$215,000
For sale is a mint condition 2016 991.1 GT3RS.
Originally Posted by dvas1974
Trump looking to increase the tariff on every car coming from the European Union by 25%.
The prices on these cars could skyrocket.
In that case, this seller should increase his asking price from $215K to $270K in preparation for the price hike!
Old 08-26-2018, 09:15 AM
tasman
Race Car

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR

^^ Exactly.

I am glad I didn’t give up hope when my dealer inexplicably didn’t get an allocation for my RS.
And I’m still not sure if that was straight forward and perhaps someone compelled them either by sending them an allocation for me, or my number magically came up. It’s those kind of times and i‘m no VIP.

Im with Onelove above. There are sooo many GT cars being fired at the market at such a fast and furious pace that flipping / going through cars every few months just happens now.

I gave my deposit in 2007 to my dealer and all new cars since came from them, all at MSRP. I didn’t even ask for a discount on Mrs TRAKCAR’s Macan.
My infliction isn’t as severe as Mooty’s but I’ve done all I could to build a relation with my dealer, who is 5 hours driving away and we have probably 8 dealers closer by.
Because of my relation, I was offered at least half a dozen GT3’s at sticker. From loaded PDK cars to stripper manuals to PTS.
3 or 4 from my dealer.

if I would have grabbed the loaded PDK, I might have flipped it for the stripper manual.
I don’t care for the GT3 so I just shared them and send them to friends. Had I bought them, I would have sold them at market.

Had I bought 4 GT3’s in different flavors this year, would that make me a flipper?

Maybe I should have made a litttle money, but wasn’t worth it to me.
I sold my 997 4.0 for over sticker.. because it became a collectors car.
Nice car but not worth the money they go for to me. I’m no collector I like to beat the cars to death and replace when timed out.

Porsche is creating max profits on GT cars via very high prices AND VERY HIGH VOLUME.
They are grabbing the over MSRP for themselves!

$350K GT2RS
$225K GT3RS
$200K GT3

GTFOH, that’s insane pricing and with all the varieties and all the new models on top of very high volume of the .1’s Porsche has killed the flipper game, while insuring decent resale value of the .1’s

Would Mooty have bought them all if 20% depreciation off the lot was the norm like other cars?
Fewer perhaps, but if you can get a free test drive to see what’s what, why not?

Then again one day he woke up and thought it was a good idea to by a TT, didn’t like it and lost his ***..

Sometimes you can get a free test ride l, but to really understand the car, you need to own it and flip it.
Win some, lose some.

My cristal ball says all are MSRP next year. Many of us who were here 10 and 20 years ago will continue to buy GT cars regardless.
The real flippers who just buy Porsche because they were free for a couple years will be gone. And that will be the second step of supply >demand.

The days of free GT cars are history very soon.
Agree with ya. Lots of GT3 cars and varieties now.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:16 AM
tasman
Race Car

Originally Posted by mooty
i finally got riled up.
some ppl seems upset with some ppl
but some of the ppl's assumption are far from correct

1. i flip (or sell or whatever adjective you prefer) a lot of cars. most at very large losses, if selling low mile cars at loss is frowned upon , then i am guilty
2. i buy from many dealers in CA, several in TX, two on east coat and one in vegas. from my dealings with them, i know which is good. and good doesn't mean msrp dealers, i only need trhem to tell me if they have a car for me or not. i will decided if i pay up or not. if they lie, then they are not good dealer. if they tell the truth and charge up, i dont mind and i will chose whom i buy from.
3, PNH is good in telling truth. i wanted an R and a GT2RS, they told me i can't get one; understand. they have sold me at msrp many cars. but i spent over $1.5MM with them in 2018 and by end of 2018 it would be close to $2MM
4. fresno is a good dealer, again, i told CJ i wanted R and GT2RS. they cannot get me one, i understand. in 2018 our group of nuts will spend close to $3mm with CJ. not all porsches.
5. why do we sell cars with very low miles? we dont get to test drive GT3/2/rs. so i have to just buy it and test it after i paid for it. ask CJ ask PNH and you can see my posts on IG, every car i own is CA plated so 10% or so after tax and reg. so there is no fkg way i can make profit, not even break even selling it. i try to not rain on other's parade, i have several GT3, and several are PTS some are msrp and one i paid $50 over, i have little patience and dont like to wait . some i ordered way early and got pushed back so i just buy one now and wait for my PTS to show up. and when it shows up i sell the non pts i paid over for. i cannot fathom why that is wrong on my part??? some ppl ask why i sell 991.2GT3. again i tried not to rain on other's parade, but if you want the truth. i hated the car. not one thing about it was good TO ME. so if you love your GT3, that's cool. but i dont like it. so i sold it.
6. someone asked why not sell to RL members and why sell to dealers so they can gouge next guy. well, i did offer to RL. see my thread? some even asked or pic which i sent but once pic sent no responses. the car is 400 miles. a dealer bought it sight unseen and cut the chk on the spot as i dropped it of. did i get my asking, no. and if you are ready to wire the money right away, make me an offer i may listen.
7. i had 2 GT4. why? well, they break, i dont like them breaking, so i keep one at the dealer so i have one available at all time when i used to track them. when i stopped tracking them, i sold them at 80k one to a friend and one to a dealer.
8. i buy and sell enough to mostly dealers, i know how much they are making on the car you all think they are "gouging" you on. u be surprised, there isn't that much in it.
9. some dealers charge more than others, that's their right. i, as consumer, can choose where to spend my money, that's my right.
10. beside GT3, do you all buy mac, audi, macan, boxster, cayman, cayenne from your dealers? well i do. and mostly with $500-1500 discount only.... that builds you some brownie points.
11. how many millions of $ in business do you refer to your dealer a year?
12. do you provide technical info to your dealer? some times i get calls from dealer's master mechanic for data... not that i know much. EX: who has the first proof of how and why GT4 gearboxes break? I DO. why? i refused warranty, i bought with my own money a new gearbox from PCNA so i can tear down the broken one and knew way before any dealer or maybe even before PAG, what the issue was. i believe i was the first GT4 with the 3rd gear issue in USA. when my friends begin to have identical symptoms, i provide the parts taken out from my bad box and mothership knew they had to warranty them. have any of you provided such evidence to support your dealer to claim warranty? oh the gearbox was $14k out of my own pocket.
13. when your dealer are in a bind for parts, were you able to provide them parts from your parts bin?
14. when your dealer's customer has a track day on a track near you and needed tires. pads, parts, you bring them to help or send your trailer to help with the wreck?
15. when your dealer is buying a car out of your backyard, do you go help verify the car is legit?
16. and yes, i actually do pay ADM as well, some of the ADM i paid, i am too embarrassed to publicize, but i am ok with it b/c i wanted the car NOW.

so let's stick to the actual events that one truly know about and not conjecture with stuff one presumes, heard or some such.
Thanks for setting us straight man!!
Old 08-26-2018, 09:22 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

And as for Martin he offered me $80,000 over sticker in 2015 for my GT3RS
I didn't want to sell it to him because I wanted the car more than $80,000, he did buy one later over sticker because he wanted to track it, in the meantime he bought a racing Cayman, which I'm sure he lost his *** on and when he had a PTS 997 GT3 RS I personally watched him drive the crap out of it and even back it into the gravel at the racetrack.

he hustled every which way around to find a solution to reduce the cost on these afflictions.

He will have GT cars after the Market corrects, just like before.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:23 AM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

Yep bought it from CJ directly at Fresno Porsche. Great experience. CPO with 1,900 miles in November. Just hit 11k today on our drive.
Nice, my advise would be to continue to cultivate that relationship directly...

I bought a new Cayenne GTS in 2010 from the dealer principle at my dealer. I was racing BMW and had a good deal going there, but really wanted an suv that wasn't an x5. I went back and forth between bmw and Porsche and bought a couple more cars from them over the years, recently it's been a 16 911gts, a 16 gt4 and now my 18 Gt3....relationships don't happen overnight....
Old 08-26-2018, 10:24 AM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

i finally got riled up.

1. i flip (or sell or whatever adjective you prefer) a lot of cars. most at very large losses, if selling low mile cars at loss is frowned upon , then i am guilty
2. i buy from many dealers in CA, several in TX, two on east coat and one in vegas. from my dealings with them, i know which is good. and good doesn't mean msrp dealers, i only need trhem to tell me if they have a car for me or not. i will decided if i pay up or not. if they lie, then they are not good dealer. if they tell the truth and charge up, i dont mind and i will chose whom i buy from.
3, PNH is good in telling truth. i wanted an R and a GT2RS, they told me i can't get one; understand. they have sold me at msrp many cars. but i spent over $1.5MM with them in 2018 and by end of 2018 it would be close to $2MM
4. fresno is a good dealer, again, i told CJ i wanted R and GT2RS. they cannot get me one, i understand. in 2018 our group of nuts will spend close to $3mm with CJ. not all porsches.
5. why do we sell cars with very low miles? we dont get to test drive GT3/2/rs. so i have to just buy it and test it after i paid for it. ask CJ ask PNH and you can see my posts on IG, every car i own is CA plated so 10% or so after tax and reg. so there is no fkg way i can make profit, not even break even selling it. i try to not rain on other's parade, i have several GT3, and several are PTS some are msrp and one i paid $50 over, i have little patience and dont like to wait . some i ordered way early and got pushed back so i just buy one now and wait for my PTS to show up. and when it shows up i sell the non pts i paid over for. i cannot fathom why that is wrong on my part??? some ppl ask why i sell 991.2GT3. again i tried not to rain on other's parade, but if you want the truth. i hated the car. not one thing about it was good TO ME. so if you love your GT3, that's cool. but i dont like it. so i sold it.
6. someone asked why not sell to RL members and why sell to dealers so they can gouge next guy. well, i did offer to RL. see my thread? some even asked or pic which i sent but once pic sent no responses. the car is 400 miles. a dealer bought it sight unseen and cut the chk on the spot as i dropped it of. did i get my asking, no. and if you are ready to wire the money right away, make me an offer i may listen.
7. i had 2 GT4. why? well, they break, i dont like them breaking, so i keep one at the dealer so i have one available at all time when i used to track them. when i stopped tracking them, i sold them at 80k one to a friend and one to a dealer.
8. i buy and sell enough to mostly dealers, i know how much they are making on the car you all think they are "gouging" you on. u be surprised, there isn't that much in it.
9. some dealers charge more than others, that's their right. i, as consumer, can choose where to spend my money, that's my right.
10. beside GT3, do you all buy mac, audi, macan, boxster, cayman, cayenne from your dealers? well i do. and mostly with $500-1500 discount only.... that builds you some brownie points.
12. do you provide technical info to your dealer? some times i get calls from dealer's master mechanic for data... not that i know much. EX: who has the first proof of how and why GT4 gearboxes break? I DO. why? i refused warranty, i bought with my own money a new gearbox from PCNA so i can tear down the broken one and knew way before any dealer or maybe even before PAG, what the issue was. i believe i was the first GT4 with the 3rd gear issue in USA. when my friends begin to have identical symptoms, i provide the parts taken out from my bad box and mothership knew they had to warranty them. have any of you provided such evidence to support your dealer to claim warranty? oh the gearbox was $14k out of my own pocket.
13. when your dealer are in a bind for parts, were you able to provide them parts from your parts bin?
14. when your dealer's customer has a track day on a track near you and needed tires. pads, parts, you bring them to help or send your trailer to help with the wreck?
15. when your dealer is buying a car out of your backyard, do you go help verify the car is legit?
16. and yes, i actually do pay ADM as well, some of the ADM i paid, i am too embarrassed to publicize, but i am ok with it b/c i wanted the car NOW.

so let's stick to the actual events that one truly know about and not conjecture with stuff one presumes, heard or some such.
pm sent
Old 08-26-2018, 11:17 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

The sense of entitlement on this thread is comedy.
People are entitled to buy and sell cars as they wish. If anyone truly wants one...there are so many available for sale. What I find on this forum is lots of kvetching about dealers and stealers and dreamers and yet very few actual buyers.

Mootys sale thread is a perfect example- he offered his car on sale for Rennlist. Got a brunch of "wow, would love to buy it but cant because (fill in the blank on the excuse).

If 5-10k over asking price is going to kill you, then just buy a 2016 GT3 at 20-30k under list.

Otherwise pony up and just buy the damn car and drive.
Old 08-26-2018, 12:00 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by onelove
From talking to clients and friend at multiple dealerships, many of these "flipper" cars are the result of .2 RS / GT2RS and their PTS or late order .2 GT3 all potentially arriving within 1-3 months of one another. (including some VIP clients). It's hard for most to justifying multiple "similar" cars arriving at the same time and they're being sold while they can (and if the market is supporting ADM, more power to them for having the relationship to get the allocations).

I think the above is also being amplified by the fact the vast majority of cars are arriving just as the market typically cools a bit in the northern regions for the Winter. Will be interesting to see what direction things go come Spring when the 991 will be trailing off production and good weather starts to kick in (assuming economy is still good).
This is correct.

I had my .2GT3 and .2GT3RS arrive on the same day. This was not planned. The build schedule got all screwed up when WP issues and MG wheels supply happened. I kept my .2GT3 manual and flipped the .2RS with my dealer. Kept my .1GT3RS. My GT2 RS is supposed to be here next month, we will see.

People will always complain.

Haters will hate. Why is this so hard to understand?
Old 08-26-2018, 01:13 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

i finally got riled up.

Thank you for proving my point perfectly.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM