Sponsored by:

New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 08:31 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
Wow lots of GT3 being unloaded. Are all these owners upgrading to the GT3RS? If they do and with the markup, it helps the owner lower his bottom line on the next GT car. Maybe, or S/He laughs on the way to the bank.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
It's all a racket. Said dealer sells a GT car to a "good" customer at MSRP. Said dealer(s) then earns his "good guy" dealer status. Then said dealer gets the car back with "delivery" or "low" miles and marks the crap out of it to what they say is "market value". Said dealer and seller then share in the profit. The routine continues onto the next GT car. All the while these same folks post over and over again how they are getting their GT cars at MSRP and they are their dream cars etc etc etc. Problem is with this practice we get a bunch of iffy specced cars and the real drivers have to select from the built ones already.

Whereas if these so called "good guy" dealers actually just sold to people that actually want to drive and track the cars they would get thread after thread and post after post with those drivers sharing the experience and story of that great dealer. Instead you just see a bunch of marked up GT3's for sale.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:58 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

All valid points. You have just exposed a different system of "flipping."

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by goin2drt
It's all a racket. Said dealer sells a GT car to a "good" customer at MSRP. Said dealer(s) then earns his "good guy" dealer status. Then said dealer gets the car back with "delivery" or "low" miles and marks the crap out of it to what they say is "market value". Said dealer and seller then share in the profit. The routine continues onto the next GT car. All the while these same folks post over and over again how they are getting their GT cars at MSRP and they are their dream cars etc etc etc. Problem is with this practice we get a bunch of iffy specced cars and the real drivers have to select from the built ones already.

Whereas if these so called "good guy" dealers actually just sold to people that actually want to drive and track the cars they would get thread after thread and post after post with those drivers sharing the experience and story of that great dealer. Instead you just see a bunch of marked up GT3's for sale.

Old 08-24-2018, 09:15 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

+1
Old 08-24-2018, 10:11 PM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

this method is from the Ferrari playbook.
Old 08-24-2018, 10:59 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,740 Likes on 4,765 Posts

Originally Posted by 2006m5

this method is from the usctrojanGT3 playbook.
FIFY
Old 08-25-2018, 12:07 AM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

+2, preach my man
Old 08-25-2018, 01:27 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Haha You are too funny. So at what point would I have not been considered a flipper? If the car had over 1,000 miles? 2,000 miles? After 1 year? After 2 years? There was no requirement for me to sell the car to PNH to get my RS allocation as I got it months before. I work in a relationship business where you take care of the people that take care of you, it's called good karma. They gave me an MSRP allocation without me having to beg and plead for it so in my book they got first dibs on the car when I was done with it (I sell cars that I don't drive because I'm not a collector). PNH purchased the car from me, there was no profit split and I didn't consign it to them. They gave me a fair price and I didn't have to deal with the tire kickers, posers, and time wasters. And if you think that PNH told me how to spec my car then I think you need a tinfoil hat because I specced every single option including the red brakes.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:55 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

In retrospect, would have been better to not have posted that for sale news eh Martin? What a can of worms.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:39 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
In retrospect, would have been better to not have posted that for sale news eh Martin? What a can of worms.
Nah, my thread was EPIC! I get a kick out of how some people think I'm a flipper.
Old 08-25-2018, 08:29 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm with Martin....he has a relationship and some of us here wish we had a relationship,
remember relationships take time and money....everybody along the way has to pay.
nothing in life is for free.
Old 08-25-2018, 10:06 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Haha You are too funny. So at what point would I have not been considered a flipper? If the car had over 1,000 miles? 2,000 miles? After 1 year? After 2 years? There was no requirement for me to sell the car to PNH to get my RS allocation as I got it months before. I work in a relationship business where you take care of the people that take care of you, it's called good karma. They gave me an MSRP allocation without me having to beg and plead for it so in my book they got first dibs on the car when I was done with it (I sell cars that I don't drive because I'm not a collector). PNH purchased the car from me, there was no profit split and I didn't consign it to them. They gave me a fair price and I didn't have to deal with the tire kickers, posers, and time wasters. And if you think that PNH told me how to spec my car then I think you need a tinfoil hat because I specced every single option including the red brakes.
Yeah PNH just gave you a MSRP deal (the first one) because you are such a good guy. Yeah now who needs the hat. And on your spec, EXACTLY what I was saying, another wasted crappy spec.
Nah, my thread was EPIC! I get a kick out of how some people think I'm a flipper.
yes you and Mooty need all the RL attention, we all know that.

PNH is just as bad as the stealers you claim. The only difference is at least the stealers are honest and charge the ADM up front and DRIVERS can spec the car they want instead of the dealer bs going on and a bunch of crappy specced cars are for sale.

I will give you one better. This GT car stuff is such BS there are dealers making deals with VIPs to have them order their spec and the car sits at the dealer for the year needed so they don’t get kicked out all the while the dealer paying for the car and flipping it right at a year.

Just because the market wasn’t as hot for these new.2 GT3s and the flippers are getting caught under water with their tax outlay, doesn’t make the practice a non flipping, bs event.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:37 PM
SJJ28
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 43 Posts

I have to imagine that if the people who complain NON STOP about the adm situations and are real buyers, spent their time developing a relationship with a dealer (spend time there, be nice, show true enthusiasm, and don't bitch complain about the adm situation), they too would end up with a specable allocation atbor very near msrp. That's how it has worked for me. I returned my GT4 to them for a small loss when I decided to order my GT3. They sold it quickly for a tidy profit. And I'm happy for them...

My bet however is that most of the people continually complaining aren't even real buyers if the opportunity presented itself.
Old 08-25-2018, 12:52 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Just curious (I guess we are on a witch hunt?) - since PNH didn't ask you to give them first rights to the PTS GT3 when you had your .2 3RS allocation secured with them, why not sell your GT3 then at cost to someone on RL to enjoy? Because when you give them the car "for a fair price" and don't pay taxes on the car, I'm a bit confused. That feels like a flip to me. Maybe if there was a 991.2 GT3RS 4.2 or some limited thing, we'd see your 991.2 3RS with delivery miles being sold with an ADM @ PNH as well. Would feel like a flip to me... John at PNH is/was a pleasure to chat with and of course I never expected a GT3 allocation call from him, but to see the amount of GT cars that store is pulling in and flipping over asking is notable considering how many on here wanted to buy, drive, and enjoy these cars at MSRP. I think maintaining a relationship with a dealer is a smart move for that pipeline access to GT cars @ MSRP, but I don't think maintaining a relationship and flipping are mutually exclusive? That's what irked me just a wee bit about a champion of MSRP and the King stealer basher, and then we see your gorgeous car @ PNH market priced. They seem to be a stealer for everyone except the lucky few who maintain a relationship by handing their GT cars to PNH to sell above asking while they get more cars at MSRP to do with as they like, drive and enjoy (seemingly rare), flip themselves, or wash their hands and let PNH do the flipping for them.

I like reading about the stories of the dealers who have held out and maintain MSRP lists, so you wait and if you get the call, you get the allocation @ MSRP. No games, ADM, relationship stuff. Seem to be the smaller guys and maybe those guys are more and more falling by the wayside which is sad. To hear the RL guys say they got the call and get to spec their car, that excitement is what it is all about. Even though I never got that call and had to pay an ADM for the best car I've owned to date, I'm happy for them when I see that. The saddest part is I'm even being told *now* that for the 992 GT3 some dealers are already taking lists/names down, but at market price only...FOH!!!

There are much bigger problems in the world than this..but its Saturday AM and I'm waiting for coffee to brew

EDIT - also the reason why I'm thinking out loud here is because Porsche is more and more becoming like Ferrari in this sense with the GT cars and the unclear games/politics needed to secure a car you really want when you have cash in hand. Especially when everything else is getting more digital, less analog (yes even though my car is PDK!), more electric, more turbo. Porsche used to be a brand I loved (even though I couldn't afford a 911 at the time) because it represented the German way of doing the sports car, simple to the point amazing cars in a subtle understated way. It wasn't as flashy and pretentious as Ferrari (apparently). Now, they are taking pages out of Ferrari's book. I'm waiting to hear someone having to buy a Panamera Turbo S e-Hybrid and and sell it back to dealer next day at a $50-75k loss for that "GT allocation" and sign agreements for right of first refusal... especially as PAG shifts focus to the Mission E/more electric production, I am left wondering what games we will deal with for 992 gen to simply get these GT cars.
Old 08-25-2018, 01:00 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by SJJ28
I have to imagine that if the people who complain NON STOP about the adm situations and are real buyers, spent their time developing a relationship with a dealer (spend time there, be nice, show true enthusiasm, and don't bitch complain about the adm situation), they too would end up with a specable allocation atbor very near msrp. That's how it has worked for me. I returned my GT4 to them for a small loss when I decided to order my GT3. They sold it quickly for a tidy profit. And I'm happy for them...

My bet however is that most of the people continually complaining aren't even real buyers if the opportunity presented itself.

there are plenty of Rennlisters that had great relationships with dealers and purchased many cars (even off loading dealers cars that werent moving with just the intent of getting on the GT list) and got ROYALLy SCREWED when it was time. Do a search...
Also managers come and go, everything you built turns into smoke.
Old 08-25-2018, 02:15 PM
MEM82
Burning Brakes

Received 265 Likes on 146 Posts

Im not here to call anyone out. The truth of the matter is that there are way too many low mileage cars for sale so soon after release, initially ordered by customers who had no intention of keeping them. Individual situations change, and some get the unexpected allocation for the next gt model, but we know that does not account for the majority of cars for sale.

​​​​​​It's unfortunate for those people who wanted to create, keep and enjoy their cars.

Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM