New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM

Old 04-21-2018, 09:23 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsch2018
It's funny, the whole GT3-RS buying process. I was negotiating with a dealership on price and he asked for a certain price I accepted that then he calls back and states he will get back to me next week because the GM is out of town. Then, even though the GM is still out of town, he tells me if I bump up my offer by 20K above what he initially asked for it would seal the deal. What a game!
When I go out of town/ I still use WhatsApp.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:28 PM
mcduel91
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
I actually liked Shmee's recent video review of the GT-R vs the GT3, thought it was informative on where the GT-R excels and doesn't do so great compared with the GT3 in his opinion. You might want to check it out if you are debating between the two cars on their merits (if it is based on how easy or simple the car is to get, I think the GT-R will win).. M2 CS seems to be a really fun piece of kit to drive worry free.

I really really like the GT-R interior and actually the looks of the car in general (especially in black and silver, not a fan of the green matte paint). The sound is pretty great too for a turbo, I think AMG nailed the sound with their new turbo V8.

That being said definitely go with what you want/your gut is telling you. If you can't find that elusive GT3 allocation and want the GT3, there are and will likely be more delivery mile examples coming up for sale if you are willing to explore that route
Just watched it. Good video and kind of hit the point of my indecision. I have the ability to get up out of the urban environment and into some twisty mountain roads and off to the track a few times a year, but most weekend drives won't be that. Having sat in both (but not having driven the GT3 yet), I like the driving position of the GT3 quite a bit more due to that massive front on the GT R. It feels a little bit like the F-Type SVR that I had a chance to drive around some narrow streets in London and you're basically left guessing. Decisions...
Old 04-22-2018, 01:36 AM
Jasonanv
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's funny, the whole GT3-RS buying process. I was negotiating with a dealership on price and he asked for a certain price I accepted that then he calls back and states he will get back to me next week because the GM is out of town. Then, even though the GM is still out of town, he tells me if I bump up my offer by 20K above what he initially asked for it would seal the deal. What a game!
It’s a shame how some dealerships treat there customers. You can’t keep screwing over customers and not pay a price. I really hope these bad dealers start losing these customers that they treat so bad.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:58 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 316 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by mcduel91
I think MB nailed it with that car. It's certainly pricey but with the R, you feel like it's worth it, inside and out. I looked at a nice color combo of the absurd green with black, so black spoiler, black wheels, black interior. Beautiful. Sure, it's not going to lap like a GT3 or TTS but if you want to have some fun, you can get it sideways in a hurry - quickly. The interior is also great, complete with two functional cup holders. Can fit a golf bag in the trunk no-problem, so it truly looks like a great "weekend" car. M2 CS looks appealing for the same reasons, just on a lesser performing and markedly cheaper scale.

I can't stomach the R8 list price for what it is and how common they seem to be, so I think I'd only look used there (where there are many options). I also considered the F-Type SVR which sounds glorious, but has the reliability of a Jag and an interior that doesn't move me (complete with their awful infotainment system). The NSX is on my list to check out before I make any final decisions. The ADM stuff is sad, because I had my mind made up on a GT3 3 months ago and haven't been able to close any reasonable deals. Happy to pay *some* markup, but getting jerked around for 50k on a 180k list price is just a matter of principle for me.
You should drive the GTR. It is absurdly easy to drive as a DD and when left in ‘C’ or ‘S’ mode it’s pretty comfortable. Also with the low end torque it’s incredibly rapid whereever you are in the rpm range.

Regarding your comment re: lap times versus a GT3/TT-S I think you’d be surprised, as it’s an extremely rapid car on a road course.

BTW you very quickly get used to the length of the bonnet but you do need to remember it’s also a pretty wide car. Raising the seat cushion height up helps greatly.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:58 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
As long as you keep getting same color.
My grandfather used to do that with trucks.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:35 PM
mp3moose
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tysons is getting a white touring in a week or two. MSRP is 177k and they are asking 30K ADM. Not sure if this car was posted already but thought I'd pass it along.
Old 04-23-2018, 04:02 PM
Closertotruth
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Someone just posted photos of it on another thread. Beautiful looking car. Too bad it's 30 over.
Old 04-24-2018, 02:25 AM
nxfedlt1
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

was this the austin dealer?
Old 04-24-2018, 02:37 AM
Porsch2018
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nxfedlt1
was this the austin dealer?
No it was West Houston Porsche dealership and that was for a build date of November with delivery in January. I called the dealership and inquired if they had any GT3-RS allocations and the SA I spoke with stated he did but that there would be an ADM so I asked what are you asking and he stated about 30K I said great I will do the deal........then the games began with an request for 20K more........
I eventually obtained an allocation today (V200 + Commission number) from the Austin Porsche dealership with a build date of 27 July, 2018.........heck of allot better and no hassles. I also found an allocation in Manhattan Motorcars in NY with a build date of 3 August but decided to go with Austin dealership.......about 20 minutes from my home.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:23 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I eventually obtained an allocation today (V200 + Commission number) from the Austin Porsche dealership with a build date of 27 July, 2018.........heck of allot better and no hassles. I also found an allocation in Manhattan Motorcars in NY with a build date of 3 August but decided to go with Austin dealership.......about 20 minutes from my home.
Did you have to pay a higher ADM than the Manhattan allocation I pointed you to?
Old 05-02-2018, 12:40 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

What is the going ADM now for these two GT cars:
1.) GT3RS - $ ??K
2.) GT2RS - $ ??K

I have two friends looking for these two cars. PM me if that works better. Thanks.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 05-02-2018, 05:28 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
What is the going ADM now for these two GT cars:
1.) GT3RS - $ ??K
2.) GT2RS - $ ??K

I have two friends looking for these two cars. PM me if that works better. Thanks.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
I know of a 2RS configurable allocation at a $175K ADM - just a messenger. I bet at that price though you can find quite a few "available" 2RS allocations. PM me if that figure works for your friend. That being said I don't know if it's still available but I believe a sponsor had a 2RS allocation for sale in the classifieds at $150K (AMG USA) which is cheaper.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:43 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 755 Likes on 384 Posts

Hoping to find a GT2RS position at 100k ADM at some point. Yes, I'm a dreamer, but I can always hope right?! Would like it better at MSRP though. I'm way too young and haven't bought enough cars to even have a chance.

Last edited by joejenie; 05-02-2018 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

I know someone who got one at $50K
Most deals are quietly flipped.
Old 05-02-2018, 06:13 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a GR WP 2RS on the floor in Boston with an MSRP of $340,000. I hear they want an ADM of $300K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New GT3/GT2RS Leads With/Without ADM