Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 GT3 Prices?

Old 10-26-2017, 06:08 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by csvensso
Thanks for all the insights, and now I've sold my GT3.

In the sale details of my car I was upfront and fair and reported all known incidents with the car. With CarFax details not reporting anything and the car being 'clean' I could have kept quiet - but that's not the kind of person I am! This was the 'deal of the century' as someone mentioned in my sale thread - but that was because I wanted to sell asap as I have an incoming car that required the GT3 had to go. The new owner will get the pleasure of getting a car in top condition and will enjoy the pleasures that come with GT3 ownership - and hopefully take it to the track!

There have been numerous people that have contacted me - pushing ridiculous offers and claiming to be experts in the market, telling me I'm the 'dreamer' for trying to even get somewhere in the $120's!! These people really do an injustice to this forum and as a newbie to the Forum have left a little distaste with me - I hope that these people, in the pursuit of the unattainable, do not ultimately ruin it for the passionate people like myself that just want to enjoy the Porsche products. Sorry for the rant!
I would call these people out. We should all get to know who these people were. I can guess a few.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:30 PM
PNWDude
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on someone paying top dollar for it.

I dunno what other have sent you to get you riled up, but it is part of the selling process these days. There will be ALWAYS be straight up low ballers, and there will be offers that seem low to you, but are well reasoned. However you choose to response to those messages, is on you tho, not on them.

Obviously I can't comment on what other said in their PM. However, I don't see what is said on this thread that is without reasons/merits. Personally, I have given several sold examples in my replies above, mid 120s is high IMHO, and definitely not 'deal of the century'. Let's do the math, 120 is just about 87% MSRP of your car's MSRP. 3% average depreciation a year is very very low. Any non limited edition cars, I would expect at least 25% depreciation after first 3 years under normal condition (10-8-7). 87% is half that. Let's say you got your 125, that's over 90%, I would be EXTREMELY please with that. MANY MANY MANY other cars, exotic or limited edition cars included, lost 10% in the first 6 months right after the initial rush from the 'I gotta be the first one to have it' crowd. Just for laughs, the depreciation would be more than 50% if this is a BMW M5/M6.

What ultimately will ruin the brand is if the market keep getting artificially prop up like it is now, especially by ADM and flippers. Eventually, people will be sick of the BS and leave the brand and go somewhere else as a result.

'Injustice' here would be giving opinions without reasons. That's largely not what I see here. Even then, it is just someone's thought. When you ask a wide audience like the internet, there will always be some of what you want to hear and some of what you don't want to hear.

And No, I didn't send OP any PMs as I wasn't interested in the first place.
Old 10-26-2017, 06:59 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by PNWDude
…..Let's do the math, 120 is just about 87% MSRP of your car's MSRP. 3% average depreciation a year is very very low. Any non limited edition cars, I would expect at least 25% depreciation after first 3 years under normal condition (10-8-7). 87% is half that. Let's say you got your 125, that's over 90%, I would be EXTREMELY please with that. MANY MANY MANY other cars, exotic or limited edition cars included, lost 10% in the first 6 months right after the initial rush from the 'I gotta be the first one to have it' crowd. Just for laughs, the depreciation would be more than 50% if this is a BMW M5/M6……
Dang! That really puts it into perspective!

Originally Posted by DesmoSD
Congrats and if you don't mind, what did you get for it?
Im sure that OP will post in appreciation of “all the excellent advice and comments on the forum” and “for all the insights” he received here. Even if he feels like he did not get a fair shake, the reality, as pointed out above, is that he priced correctly, and relative to almost any other production car on the market, did extremely well. All he had to do was adjust his asking price to “what seems like the lowest, relatively low mileage GT3 out there”, and boom! He got a buyer.

The question is why aren't we seeing more of the 175+ other .1 sellers out there doing the same??!?
Old 10-26-2017, 07:18 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PNWDude

Obviously I can't comment on what other said in their PM. However, I don't see what is said on this thread that is without reasons/merits. Personally, I have given several sold examples in my replies above, mid 120s is high IMHO, and definitely not 'deal of the century'. Let's do the math, 120 is just about 87% MSRP of your car's MSRP. 3% average depreciation a year is very very low. Any non limited edition cars, I would expect at least 25% depreciation after first 3 years under normal condition (10-8-7). 87% is half that. Let's say you got your 125, that's over 90%, I would be EXTREMELY please with that. MANY MANY MANY other cars, exotic or limited edition cars included, lost 10% in the first 6 months right after the initial rush from the 'I gotta be the first one to have it' crowd. Just for laughs, the depreciation would be more than 50% if this is a BMW M5/M6.
Good explanation and yes the 92% of MSRP I got on trade-in for my 15 GT3 was an offer I couldn't refuse last month.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:21 PM
DesmoSD
Three Wheelin'

Received 355 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by mchrono
Im sure that OP will post in appreciation of “all the excellent advice and comments on the forum” and “for all the insights” he received here. Even if he feels like he did not get a fair shake, the reality, as pointed out above, is that he priced correctly, and relative to almost any other production car on the market, did extremely well. All he had to do was adjust his asking price to “what seems like the lowest, relatively low mileage GT3 out there”, and boom! He got a buyer.

The question is why aren't we seeing more of the 175+ other .1 sellers out there doing the same??!?
For the record, I didn't low ball him and suggested him 2 options, take the hit or wait it out. I know the market is going to get better... or worse depending on how you see it.

Can't expect much with a saturated 991.1 GT3 market, a race against time and a new 991.2 GT3 winner changing the game.

Here are a few 120-130K GT3's and if even if he sold it for 120K, that's not bad at all.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...modelCode1=911

Old 10-26-2017, 07:50 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Wow that got sideways quick. Didn’t he start the thread and ask advice? Didn’t he mention several times “thanks for the advice”.

OP glad you sold your car. Sold a like the advice received here was sound as you weren’t getting it sold before taking advice here and lowering it where many thought it would sell for.

Hope the new owner enjoys it and when you get your new ride, we see you around.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:06 PM
csvensso
Track Day

I do appreciate the insights - and did sell for the right price for both myself and the buyer. Most, if not all the comments in the tread were valid - this is not where my issues are - I encouraged the discussion and received good advice to adjust my pricing and I have no issues with the price I sold for. But beyond the written response were people contacting me and telling me I should be at, or just over $100K - that my MSRP wasn't high enough to justify anything other than that. The obsession with MSRP and % drop vs the MSRP truly undermines what the GT3 was produced to do - it's an amazing performance car created to dance around a track at incredible speeds - in-fact a 'stripper' is probably closer to the vision Porsche had for the car than a fully loaded car. The fact that 'options' is how the auto business works for profit does not necessarily make a better car, just more profit for the manufacturer.

Once again - great advice from the majority - but there are some very optimistic buyers out there that don't really understand what a GT3 is actually all about.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:35 PM
mchrono
Three Wheelin'

Received 413 Likes on 257 Posts

I do appreciate the insights - and did sell for the right price for both myself and the buyer. Most, if not all the comments in the tread were valid - this is not where my issues are - I encouraged the discussion and received good advice to adjust my pricing and I have no issues with the price I sold for. But beyond the written response were people contacting me and telling me I should be at, or just over $100K - that my MSRP wasn't high enough to justify anything other than that. The obsession with MSRP and % drop vs the MSRP truly undermines what the GT3 was produced to do - it's an amazing performance car created to dance around a track at incredible speeds - in-fact a 'stripper' is probably closer to the vision Porsche had for the car than a fully loaded car. The fact that 'options' is how the auto business works for profit does not necessarily make a better car, just more profit for the manufacturer.

Once again - great advice from the majority - but there are some very optimistic buyers out there that don't really understand what a GT3 is actually all about.
and.......your not's going to even share the sale price, are you?
Old 10-26-2017, 10:36 PM
csvensso
Track Day

Asking price
Old 10-26-2017, 10:51 PM
csvensso
Track Day

.... and by the way - my biggest loss has nothing to do with price, it was that I never found the time to take the car to the track - as that was my intention all along. Although that doesn't mean I haven't had time for the track, just not with this particular car. I will definitely make time to take it's replacement on track - I promise myself!
Old 10-26-2017, 11:57 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 677 Likes on 371 Posts

Oh got it. Thanks for the clarification. Well hopefully then the few don’t ruin it for you and the majority welcome you. Hope to see you around RL and there is always an ignore function for those few.

Cheers.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:31 AM
PNWDude
Intermediate

But beyond the written response were people contacting me and telling me I should be at, or just over $100K - that my MSRP wasn't high enough to justify anything other than that.
There will always be people that hit you with numbers that are way low on ANYTHING you sell on the internet these days. Doesn't matter what it is. Don't let that affect you. Delete is just one click away and I use it often

As a side note, I learned as a seller that I don't always price my stuff right. What changes my mind are examples of previous sales, or other listings. SHOW NOT TELL. That's why I always provide examples when talking to people about pricing. Only fair way to do it.

Telling me to do something never worked anyway

Last edited by PNWDude; 10-27-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:55 AM
speef
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
Take the 120 and run. In 1 year you are lucky to get 105k. Mark my words. There will be 500+ of these cars in the market and they wont move because why buy a 4 year old car when you can buy the brand new one for 20-30k more?

The 997 market is also in for a much bigger correction. The only reason that car sold for that much was the demand for manual plus you could still have a CPO manual GT3 for a lot of those cars. The new manual is probably going to significantly better in every area. Hard to remember those 997s were not selling for 80k 4 years back, they ll be back to those levels finally.

Its a buyers market. So i think you guys complaining about 85% MSRP needs to take the trade and run and not look back because you are stealing it
You are absolutely correct - very well said... it’s always a good idea to look at 1) where these cars traded a few years ago and 2) the reasons why they appreciated as much as they did (last manual etc) 2) no longer holds true so prices will more than likely revert to 1)

Take the deal and run
Old 10-27-2017, 03:50 PM
dlb
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I bought it.
The car is clean as a whistle as is the CARFAX.
Seller is a top bloke and a new friend. Exactly what I think RL should be about.

Now I'm going out for a drive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2014 GT3 Prices?