Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 01:00 AM
Achtung964
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm about to get the front half of the car clear bra'ed. Should I have headlight covered as well? Is delamination still an issue? Will be going with xpel.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:23 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Achtung964
I'm about to get the front half of the car clear bra'ed. Should I have headlight covered as well? Is delamination still an issue? Will be going with xpel.
I think if you find a quality installer (or de-installer, if you will), covering the headlights is not a big deal. I think with the proper precautions (taking time and using adequate heat/steam) delamination is not a huge issue.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:52 PM
lamborarri
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is 991 T really that good? I test drove it once and I felt like Porsche could try harder and only gave it a little effort. Probably I should drive it longer?
Old 02-15-2019, 11:36 PM
Porsch
Banned

Received 250 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by lamborarri
Is 991 T really that good? I test drove it once and I felt like Porsche could try harder and only gave it a little effort. Probably I should drive it longer?
The T may not feel overly exciting after stepping out of your Veyron but there’s nothing close to it in its price range. Best all around road car I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned several GT cars. Not sure there’s much else one could reasonably expect from Porsche for 115-120K OTD.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:18 AM
lamborarri
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Porsch

The T may not feel overly exciting after stepping out of your Veyron but there’s nothing close to it in its price range. Best all around road car I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned several GT cars. Not sure there’s much else one could reasonably expect from Porsche for 115-120K OTD.
I think you are right. I didn't set my mind straight before approaching the T. I didn't really put money into it the equation.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:25 AM
bli8
Rennlist Member

Received 218 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by ohniner
I’m indecisive, thinking about removing the Carrera T script on sides of car. Depends on the day.
curious how many t owners deleted script either during build or after delivery.
I ordered the car (for the wife) with side decal delete as I wanted a longer and thicker stripe. Then I put the stripes on the first weekend I got the car. Car has good pickup and rides better than my 991.1 C2S Cab, but not as good as my .2 GT3. Maybe the P Zeros just aren't as smooth as the Cup2's.

Old 02-17-2019, 03:47 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by lamborarri
Coming from a GT3- no -it would not be that exciting but maybe if you take it for what it is it may be okay.

For me though; I do not think it is the deal of the century because it is not that Cheap.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:50 AM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Coming from a GT3- no -it would not be that exciting but maybe if you take it for what it is it may be okay.

For me though; I do not think it is the deal of the century because it is not that Cheap.
agree. Compared to GT3 and GT3T, there is nothing to get excited about with the carrera T.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:16 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

I own both the Carrera T and .2 GT3. I prefer my T for road driving, GT3 for the track. Sometimes you have to actually drive a car to get it. I remember some guys here poo-poo'd the GT4 at first, too -- they they drove one and were immediate converts. Just saying. But yeah, for the road, I do actually find the T more fun.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:21 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting

agree. Compared to GT3 and GT3T, there is nothing to get excited about with the carrera T.

Diasgree. Unless I am going to the track or C&C, the T is a more enjoyable, more usable and more engaging car. If I am going to the mountains I‘d take the T 75% of the time.

I love GT cars dearly, they are amazing and I hope to always have one available. I find my .2 RS to be an absolute beast. But, the relative anonymity, significantly better torque around town, tossability, and lack of drama and theater makes the T more enjoyable (for me) in most situations.

The T would leave me wanting much more on the track. I’ve decided I will never track it because I think there its weaknesses - lack of grip, less HP, base carrera brakes, lack of downforce - would be glaring and it may change my perspective on the car.

Plus, it makes childish backfire sounds upon throttle lift in sport mode.
Old 02-17-2019, 08:29 AM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 355 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer

Diasgree. Unless I am going to the track or C&C, the T is a more enjoyable, more usable and more engaging car. If I am going to the mountains I‘d take the T 75% of the time.

I love GT cars dearly, they are amazing and I hope to always have one available. I find my .2 RS to be an absolute beast. But, the relative anonymity, significantly better torque around town, tossability, and lack of drama and theater makes the T more enjoyable (for me) in most situations.

The T would leave me wanting much more on the track. I’ve decided I will never track it because I think there its weaknesses - lack of grip, less HP, base carrera brakes, lack of downforce - would be glaring and it may change my perspective on the car.
Well said. I do wonder how many of the critics have actually driven a T. I'm sure there are some, but I'll bet most haven't. Seems like there is now a good number of us GT guys who have added a T to their stable. I think that says something.
Old 02-17-2019, 12:35 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by bli8
I ordered the car (for the wife) with side decal delete as I wanted a longer and thicker stripe. Then I put the stripes on the first weekend I got the car. Car has good pickup and rides better than my 991.1 C2S Cab, but not as good as my .2 GT3. Maybe the P Zeros just aren't as smooth as the Cup2's.
IMO you hit the nail on the head. I have a .2 C4 and have (or had) a .2 GT3. C4 has PZero, GT3 had Dunlop. There is a noticeable/appreciable difference to me. Much much prefer the Dunlops to the PZeros for traction, comfort surprisingly, and less road noise. Not a fan of PZero tires especially how high they need to be inflated per the manufacturer, they are like pucks!

Originally Posted by Drifting

Just different animals. There is something to be said about having a car with less drama and being able to drive it more carefree IMO, that is just as fun in certain scenarios especially due to the torque and tossability. That is tough to do in a GT3 with a rev happy angry engine, wing, insane grip, huge front lip, and rigid buckets let alone a 3RS or 2RS. At the same time though, that is why the GT cars are as great as they are I would argue
Old 02-17-2019, 10:19 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I have a Manual GT3 and test drove a Manual T. If I needed back seats I would get a T, but otherwise the GT3 is more fun for me...even on the street. They are at different price points though.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:50 AM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I feel the "childish backfire sounds" are the T's only weakness. Predictably annoying.
Old 02-24-2019, 09:00 AM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Cormid
I feel the "childish backfire sounds" are the T's only weakness. Predictably annoying.
Can be turned off using the individual setting. They are only active in sport mode. Normal and sport plus they are off.

I enjoy them. They are great for cars and coffee. Make you feel cool.

Quick Reply: 911 Carrera T