Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The official 991.2 GT3 owners pictures thread...

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 12:02 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 262 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Satin Aluminum are brighter and have a real smooth satin finish just like the Satin black. The standard wheels have a clear coat. There also look good and may suffice plus save you some $$. I probably did not help but call your dealer and maybe they have an example of the standard on the floor than can show you
?

Standard silver wheels (gloss) is shinier than satin. Not sure how this ever got confused. Satin is subtle and is in keeping with the stealth chalk Touring model I have on order.

Glossy > Satin > Matte > Flat

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
The Satin aluminum and silver aluminum seem to be very close based on pics. Always thought satin black would go best with miami blue on the GT3 though
I don't know if it's a generational thing, but the Miami Blue looks fantastic in the silver wheels. The cars w/black wheels look just blah -- zero pop. And my vision is 20-20.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:09 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by WernerE
?

Standard silver wheels (gloss) is shinier than satin. Not sure how this ever got confused. Satin is subtle and is in keeping with the stealth chalk Touring model I have on order.

Glossy > Satin > Matte > Flat
Exactly! That's what I have also been saying (and witnessing in real life view; not just in pics) all along... even the dealer folks stated the same and they have seen my car and the new ones delivered in person. Not a huge difference in brightness between the standard glossy aluminum vs. the optional satin aluminum since they're both shiny & bright but obviously different finishes. Satin is very nice and certainly fits and "looks" like an optional finish hence the extra price to pay. Can't go wrong with either... they're both attractive.

And here's yet another perspective... my HRE's are Liquid Silver finish.
You can see the standard silver on my 3 is brighter than on my 4 and the HRE's are brilliant & shiny for sure!

Old 11-13-2017, 12:11 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 173 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Bossing
It's tough to get good clarity pics under lower lighting... how about these for you?

My standard wheels... this one is more accurate and I took this with a better camera, not a phone pic.

And another of the Satin Aluminum.... phone pic though:

Think of shiny silver paint finish vs. a glistening satin finish.... both are bright, just different perspectives.
If these two you just shared = a good representation then for sure standard silver would be my choice.

I also like the satin platinum but have them already on my .1 so would want a change if i end up getting a touring.

So would it be safe to say the satin aluminum gives more of a ‘white like’ finish and the standard silver are more ‘silver’?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for all your help.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
If these two you just shared = a good representation then for sure standard silver would be my choice.

I also like the satin platinum but have them already on my .1 so would want a change if i end up getting a touring.

So would it be safe to say the satin aluminum gives more of a ‘white like’ finish and the standard silver are more ‘silver’?

Sorry for all the questions and thank you for all your help.
Yes... the Satin Aluminum is more of a shiny pearl white/silver finish to me... it's very nice. The Silver Aluminum is more of a bright/light silver paint finish. Like I said both finishes are nice... can't you guys tell by all the pics I have been posting?

Seriously though... go with what you personally like and what fits your taste for your spec. I like that my friend went with Satin Aluminum on his Miami Blue build. It's different but still looks great in person.... there will be more than enough MBlue's out there with the Satin Black wheels anyway.... sometimes it's good to break the mold and not go with the flow.

Here's a vid of the MBlue I just uploaded... and I'll get to do side-by-side pics in a few days.

Last edited by Bossing; 11-13-2017 at 12:43 PM. Reason: fix typos
Old 11-13-2017, 12:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,792 Likes on 2,160 Posts

Originally Posted by csfastp
Ordered in may Locked in June and delivered Friday.https://rennlist.com/forums/attachme...1&d=1510488268
Gorgeous, I would have gotten Miami blue with black wheels and steel rotors if my PTS didn't come through.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:46 PM
RWK
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

new machine

spent yesterday driving the 2015 99.1. and this. will post comparison shortly. The most significant differences are the overall progression of suspension refinement, and midrange tq.
But the biggest difference is the PDK programming when in sport mode. The new program is much more adaptive to your inputs. Big improvement for PDK fans.
Old 11-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RWK

new machine

spent yesterday driving the 2015 99.1. and this. will post comparison shortly. The most significant differences are the overall progression of suspension refinement, and midrange tq.

But the biggest difference is the PDK programming when in sport mode. The new program is much more adaptive to your inputs. Big improvement for PDK fans.
Congrats! That is stunning! As a fan of gray-colored cars, I also like Agate.... and I would have done the same (silver wheels w/ pccb) as yours.

Please post more pics... it looks very nice!
Old 11-13-2017, 12:54 PM
PwAg
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Tx for the comparison pics for satin vs std. Finally saw std silver in recent local delivery. Already know Satin from a UV 1RS. Both are very bright. Satin helps level out the highs/lows of light reflection which gives the wheel a more uniform look, perhaps a *hair* less visibility in variations of the wheel design. The std in overhead light, full sun may appear a hair brighter due to gloss reflection, esp when walking past where light angles change. Both are beautiful & bright.

Here is a thread from a while back that discussed this issue as well for those that missed it: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...-wheels-3.html
Old 11-13-2017, 04:16 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

My car is finally here!

A couple of iPhone pictures of the interior. I'll post more later once it's detailed and the decals are installed.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:37 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by manitou202
My car is finally here!

A couple of iPhone pictures of the interior. I'll post more later once it's detailed and the decals are installed.

Such a tease with no exterior pictures
Old 11-13-2017, 04:42 PM
RFGGT3
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Awesome interior, enjoy.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:00 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

My car is finally here!

what decals will you be installing?
Old 11-13-2017, 05:08 PM
manitou202
Burning Brakes

Received 406 Likes on 158 Posts

what decals will you be installing?
911R style. I know I will be burned at the stake but I really like the look.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:13 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

911R style. I know I will be burned at the stake but I really like the look.
Both side and top decals? Black or another color? Your wheels are black right?

Btw, interior looks awesome! I bet you are happy with how it turned out.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:20 PM
IrishAndy
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Such a tease with no exterior pictures
Congrats!! I really want to see that full interior with Interior Package Painted. Great move on that particular color

Quick Reply: The official 991.2 GT3 owners pictures thread...