Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 01:35 AM
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evilfij
Congrats! Swapping chrome to black, that is one way to throw me off on getting the list right ....
The registry is awesome and then more, but I think it should keep record of factory specs. Otherwise, it becomes a never ending story. Just saying.
Thanks for the sharing the latest version!!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:10 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by 964993
The registry is awesome and then more, but I think it should keep record of factory specs. Otherwise, it becomes a never ending story. Just saying.
Thanks for the sharing the latest version!!
It does, or at least I try to note where things are done aftermarket in the options for spotting which I will do for the chrome to black car. I plan to put it down so to speak once I am confident all the NA PTS Touring cars have been delivered which should be shortly (a nice Albert Blue car just popped up, for example).

Speaking of which, RyanTT, do you have an update on final GT3 build numbers? I really appreciate your work.

I also have some of my own notes which helps. The biggest issue I seem to run into, and this is why I made the comment about the yellow car, is I see what I think is a new car and I go back and compare to what I have and I have to determine whether it is the same as one on the list. People changing their cars makes this hard.

In the 356/l911 long hood registry world, people freely share VIN numbers and kardex (factory build records), but I made a conscious decision not to do that or ask for that (I do have build sheets and dealer/seller pics saved from ones that were for sale publicly and maintain my own list of Auratium green paint to sample cars) as I did not want to bother or offend anyone. Maybe at some point I can figure out a way to get a true registry with VINs, pics, options list, ownership history etc. (I started out putting it as “registry” for this reason), but I don’t know it would add much at least in the reasonable short term and I don’t have the time or inclination to go Ed Bolian and build it out on VINWIKI or anything like that. After all, this just started as something to do while suffering from insomnia and sort of snowballed from there. I mean for this version I spent 45 minutes picking colors from the color wheel!

Last edited by evilfij; 05-15-2019 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:01 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,475 Likes on 948 Posts

Originally Posted by ryantt
Production appears to be largely done. There are still a few cars trickling in every few days (and some being back filled from earlier in the run). Below is a stacked bar chart to visualize the production run in another way.

This is very cool. My winged GT3 is stamped with a July 2017 prod date. I wonder if it’s one of the first 10?
Old 05-15-2019, 06:33 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

108 also has CXX Houndstooth Buckets with Speed Yellow Piping & CXX Signal Yellow Windshield Washer Warts
Old 05-17-2019, 02:28 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys and 964993 for the PM. Here is an update. Adds the detail to Crazy Canuck and Ferrarisimo cars, adds a second mint green car (for sale at southpoint porsche), deletes a duplicate viper car.

Breakdown of color choices in case anyone was wondering:

Green 56

Blue 46

Grey 15

Yellow 5

White(ish) 4

Red(ish) 3

Purple 2

Orange 2

One of one in NA 25

Attached Images
Old 05-17-2019, 06:47 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Nice work fellas! Anyone have the breakdown of PTS colors for winged cars? Is that even possible to see?
Old 05-17-2019, 11:20 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by neurotic
Nice work fellas! Anyone have the breakdown of PTS colors for winged cars? Is that even possible to see?
Montoya has the check in if you have a paint to sample GT3 list which has a lot of the winged cars.
Old 05-17-2019, 12:14 PM
C5driver
Burning Brakes

Received 127 Likes on 82 Posts

Courtesy of the abovereferenced gentleman:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xb4/edit#gid=0
Old 05-20-2019, 11:59 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

You know, that list I put you on a long time ago, right? I have about 40% of the cars so you can extrapolate from there on the more popular colors. Rarer colors like your color, well you let me know if you find someone else. I personally tracked down what I believe are all the cars in my color.

Just click the link below...
Old 05-21-2019, 01:58 AM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
You know, that list I put you on a long time ago, right? I have about 40% of the cars so you can extrapolate from there on the more popular colors. Rarer colors like your color, well you let me know if you find someone else. I personally tracked down what I believe are all the cars in my color.

Just click the link below...
Hi, are you planning to update it indefinitely? If not, does anyone else up the challenge?
Old 05-21-2019, 11:33 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 964993
Hi, are you planning to update it indefinitely? If not, does anyone else up the challenge?
It’s lived it’s purpose. It was originally meant to track orders and decipher what Porsche was doing with PTS. Now, it’s getting hard to distinguish second owner cars. I can’t tell if they were on the list or not from the original owner. I keep threatening to do a registry- I have an idea on how I can implement it with simple tools and just need to do it. This would require the owner to provide a VIN, which some are reluctant to do, but it would allow us to track the cars permanently.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:51 AM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by C5driver
Courtesy of the abovereferenced gentleman:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...xb4/edit#gid=0

lol I always thought this was for NA cars, never really paid attention to the "dealer location" tab

thanks for the reminder
Old 05-21-2019, 07:30 PM
Ferrarisimo
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Congrats! Swapping chrome to black, that is one way to throw me off on getting the list right ....
Ha! Thanks, and thanks for keeping the registry up to date.

A couple of notes for my line item:
  • The car is still located in California.
  • It has silver wheels, not aluminum (although I see that you list both for every car that doesn't have the platinum or black wheels).
  • The Black Package retrofit wasn't just a chrome trim delete -- it was the full deal, including replacing the fog lights, taillights, tailpipes, nozzle washers, rear deck lettering, and trim with their Black Package counterparts.

Unrelated:
  • Olive Green line item 95 has aluminum wheels, not silver, if you care.
  • I have more pictures of Irish Green line item 52, if you care. (I'm og_amer, listed as the source for that car)
  • Same with OGM line item 76.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:48 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

og_amer thanks! I figured out it was you when you claimed it here from following your Instagram. I am ptstouring (not creative I know). I have another update coming and will work these in. I have one more car to add, but the owner has not taken delivery so I am holding it back.

I would be happy to have the pics. Email is my username here on Rennlist at yahoo. As far as satin alum or silver or listed as both with a / if I know from someone saying it or seeing the build sheet I say which it is, but I can’t tell from pictures whether it is satin alum or silver so I leave the / in that case.
Old 05-21-2019, 10:44 PM
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by montoya
I keep threatening to do a registry- I have an idea on how I can implement it with simple tools and just need to do it. This would require the owner to provide a VIN, which some are reluctant to do, but it would allow us to track the cars permanently.
Please do that, and thanks for your reply!

Quick Reply: The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats