Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats

Old 10-21-2017, 02:15 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by BillNye
Is it also possible to know what dealers they are destined for? I might take my alt route to work if there's a chance there will be one in the showroom.
No. We have no information other than what each VIN is built as.

We can't tell what is a customer car vs. dealer either.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:41 PM
johnny2five
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I didn't think any of them were dealer builds. These should all be customer-ordered no?
Seeing these threads on available cars at dealers with very high MSRP ($180k+), I have to believe there's a good number of dealer specced cars being built.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:48 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by motorwerksgroup
I didn't think any of them were dealer builds. These should all be customer-ordered no?
Originally Posted by 1Gunner
I'd agree, based on demand.
History repeats...
Old 10-24-2017, 06:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny2five
Seeing these threads on available cars at dealers with very high MSRP ($180k+), I have to believe there's a good number of dealer specced cars being built.
It’s really not hard to go above $180k on this one. LWB, lift, and lots of leather bits.. add in some special paint and you’re there. I think the average Msrp of the .2 will be considerably higher than the base model delta of $9k would suggest.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:43 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
It’s really not hard to go above $180k on this one. LWB, lift, and lots of leather bits.. add in some special paint and you’re there. I think the average Msrp of the .2 will be considerably higher than the base model delta of $9k would suggest.
Yes and Yes.

Quite a few more Dealers specc'ed their cars on the .2( for flipping) and things add up pretty quickly when you build. I also have a funny feeling that this iteration will be more of a keeper, for many, so most going a little crazy on their build.

Plus- you are losing less on resales these days because on the second hand market they are going "X" minus MSRP so their is more value these days with some bling. Been watching this for 3 years
Old 10-24-2017, 08:01 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,184 Likes on 629 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Yes and Yes.

Quite a few more Dealers specc'ed their cars on the .2( for flipping) and things add up pretty quickly when you build. I also have a funny feeling that this iteration will be more of a keeper, for many, so most going a little crazy on their build.

Plus- you are losing less on resales these days because on the second hand market they are going "X" minus MSRP so their is more value these days with some bling. Been watching this for 3 years
Alex, delta between .1 and .2 GT3 base is 13K, not 9K.

Jimmy, I agree that this second generation will be more of a keeper. I'm not restricting myself at all with my spec because I plan to keep the car for 10 years or more. Also agree that since with GT cars, the value is MSRP-X, not blue book value like regular 911s, that you get away with ordering more bling on a GT car.

Jimmy you and I both prefer the GT3 to the RS, and I personally don't see any future GT3 getting an NA engine larger than 4.0L. There might be another NA version with higher HP, but unlikely to see increased displacement providing much more torque to a NA GT3.
Eventually, GT3 likely to go hybrid (with all the extra weight), or turbo, neither of which interests me. So I expect to keep this .2 GT3 for a long time.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:16 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Yes and Yes.
This is a really good point I hadn’t thought of. I think there is no penalty for buying options on GT cars.. they seem to sell 2nd hand as a proportion of their MSRP.

Load ‘em up boys.
Old 10-24-2017, 08:30 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

This is a really good point I hadn’t thought of. I think there is no penalty for buying options on GT cars.. they seem to sell 2nd hand as a proportion of their MSRP.

Load ‘em up boys.
Yep- Been watching this closely. The penalty for PCCBs is really no longer a penalty. More people wants these than before. I am getting a good trade-in on my CR GT4 with PCCBs because LWBs and PCCBs appear to be really sought after on GT4s.

Just look at the figures for the .2 GT3 build with PCCBs. They were higher than expected.

The market has changed as more wealth has been accumulated and more people willing to pay for those options on the secondary market
Old 10-25-2017, 11:25 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Here are the stats as of October 24, 2017:
Old 10-25-2017, 03:59 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,600 Likes on 1,757 Posts

I love this data - super fun to look at - thanks for providing it...

is there any sort of correlation between wheel color and body color - I'm wondering with 50% black wheels - if there is any sort of concentration of "yeah - those are all the white/red/black"

is there anything interesting there - like 95%. of White/Carerra White/Chalk cars have black wheels?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 PM
nastinupe1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

12% Guards red and 43% manual. Those are some great odds for the used market. But more people need to order that red stripe on the satin black wheels. I have just about given up on getting an allocation. Hopefully the folks who bought this will get the 911 GT3 RS and get rid of the GT3's.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:43 PM
nastinupe1
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
I love this data - super fun to look at - thanks for providing it...

is there any sort of correlation between wheel color and body color - I'm wondering with 50% black wheels - if there is any sort of concentration of "yeah - those are all the white/red/black"

is there anything interesting there - like 95%. of White/Carerra White/Chalk cars have black wheels?
Well I'm pretty sure that the majority of the red stripe wheels are on red cars (Carmine and Guards). The other 49% are probably evenly distributed among the other colors. The black wheels look good an all of the colors withholding maybe blue and chalk.
Old 10-26-2017, 03:57 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by nastinupe1
Well I'm pretty sure that the majority of the red stripe wheels are on red cars (Carmine and Guards). The other 49% are probably evenly distributed among the other colors. The black wheels look good an all of the colors withholding maybe blue and chalk.
idk, I suspect a lot of red stripes will also be on black, white, silver and grey cars... which currently account for about 49% of cars

I also suspect there to be a higher percentage of manual cars in NA, whereas RoW is PDk predominantly
Old 10-26-2017, 07:27 PM
_fletch
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm surprised at only 4% Satin Aluminum wheels. Is it that they dirty easily or do people just not like the look of them?

To me these were pretty much the #1 option. I pretty much designed the rest of the car around them.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:31 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by _fletch
I'm surprised at only 4% Satin Aluminum wheels. Is it that they dirty easily or do people just not like the look of them?

To me these were pretty much the #1 option. I pretty much designed the rest of the car around them.
You made a good choice.. many didn’t get to see them in real life unless they had an R. I sort of regret not getting them.. they are really beautiful... all wheels get dirty. I went black, we’ll see how it turns out.. I’m ok with aftermarket changes.. did it on previous car and had fun with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The "Unofficial" 991.2 GT3 Production Number Stats