Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 R

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 05:03 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Then I've lost all respect for Pagani lol !!

Listen it's a great car. For sure. It's not a $400K great car simply put IMHO.

They priced it right. MSRP it's great and I'd buy one. But it's just simply not worth the extra $$ for a number plate.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I have coffee with one of his kids on Thursday, and while we rarely discuss cars at all, I’ll ask and confirm.. but if I remember correctly, I think he mentioned that once that the R was his dad’s favorite.

A separate but funny anecdote, when he specced his personal tdf, Horacio went to Ferrari and said “my customers go real deep when they spec their cars, so with mine, I’m going to take my time and enjoy it”.. and then he took a year to make adjustments. :-).

Amazingly nice people, what an achievement to have built that company from nothing in just one generation.

Ok, back on topic.
Old 10-18-2017, 05:22 PM
Footsoldier
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Which cars are really worth current values though? Compared to historic values, everything is distorted currently, but I still think the R will maintain a relatively strong value in whatever market exists in the future.

Agree it will dip as the hype subsides, and there are a lot of them out there, but underlying quality will see it continue to be appreciated over time.

Pagani is not alone amongst multiple qualified owners, in thinking the R is his favourite, and I know a couple of R owners who now have .2GT3s and say the R is still something different.
Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

If you guys think these are going under 300k you guys are nuts. And its EASILY my favorite modern car I've ever owned, and even more...I think it's absolutely worth the 400k. Best part is, no one needs to agree with me, though I'm thinking most owners might. No other car has the mix or feel the R does. It's pure fun with a dash of exclusivity that makes it even more appealing. I don't think they are going to change much from the 360-385k range for basic cars (not includiing the DMFW sofa versions) in the short term and they aren't going to be doing anything other than going up in the long term anyways. And If I'm wrong...whatever, still worth the price of admission all day long.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:06 PM
RRRRR
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yea, I got my true PTS R sit in garage at delivery miles, won't sell it for at least 800k.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:12 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRRR
Yea, I got my true PTS R sit in garage at delivery miles, won't sell it for at least 800k.
pics?
Old 10-18-2017, 11:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,798 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Ok then...poor car.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:29 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 377 Likes on 193 Posts

Setting aside the price and production numbers, does a car drive special? Feel special? Do I get goosebumps sitting inside?

The above is my litmus test.

I pose these questions to R owners when I see them drive theirs. So far it's been 50/50 at best.

As to the market... it's just supply and demand. MSRP buyers will never lose money on this car. Speculators are a different game.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:53 PM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by sechsgang
If you guys think these are going under 300k you guys are nuts. And its EASILY my favorite modern car I've ever owned, and even more...I think it's absolutely worth the 400k. Best part is, no one needs to agree with me, though I'm thinking most owners might. No other car has the mix or feel the R does. It's pure fun with a dash of exclusivity that makes it even more appealing. I don't think they are going to change much from the 360-385k range for basic cars (not includiing the DMFW sofa versions) in the short term and they aren't going to be doing anything other than going up in the long term anyways. And If I'm wrong...whatever, still worth the price of admission all day long.
I agree and concur!

Enjoy it, you'll love it!

Originally Posted by CRex
Setting aside the price and production numbers, does a car drive special? Feel special? Do I get goosebumps sitting inside?

I pose these questions to R owners when I see them drive theirs. So far it's been 50/50 at best.

As to the market... it's just supply and demand. MSRP buyers will never lose money on this car. Speculators are a different game.
For me it is more than just goosebumps. It is that unique "sensation" of having extra carbon fiber components, magnesium roof, less insulation, SMFW, houndstooth upholstery, numbered for exclusivity, many others, and most importantly the "driver engagement" that can wet anyone's pants.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-19-2017, 03:55 AM
Outlaw
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I think by this time next year you'll see 991Rs below $300k...not saying it's going to MSRP but the premium over MSRP will be below $100k all thanks to the GT3 Touring...aka the poorman's 991R. haha
Couldnt agree more. Funny how some owners insisted value would always be triple that number.
Old 10-19-2017, 04:16 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

How is your base AMG GT? Still depreciating like a ship anchor? Does it overheat at the track?

When will you buy a "REAL CAR" like PORSCHE?

I heard those AMG GT-R have had problems once again. Oh well what else is new with AMG other than old samo-samo, depreciation and defects. Oh well they can always improve as they say.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by Outlaw
Couldnt agree more. Funny how some owners insisted value would always be triple that number.
Old 10-19-2017, 05:09 AM
Zlaatan
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Then I've lost all respect for Pagani lol !!

Listen it's a great car. For sure. It's not a $400K great car simply put IMHO.

They priced it right. MSRP it's great and I'd buy one. But it's just simply not worth the extra $$ for a number plate.
I don't think price is a factor for anyone when you decide which your favorite car is.
Old 10-19-2017, 06:19 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex

Now up just over 3k miles in GT3.2 including a couple of track days.

As to the 991R, this is something very special its drives imv very much like a 964RS. Its so much more than the sum of its parts. I have driven a MT GT3, and whist its a great car it drives nothing like the 991R.....The R has a lightness and " up on its heels" feeling that the GT3 just does not have.

Feel very lucky to own a 991R.....Every road trip feels an event......

Last edited by Apolo1; 10-19-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-19-2017, 07:02 AM
DJM48
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apolo1
Now up just over 3k miles in GT3.2 including a couple of track days.

As to the 991R, this is something very special its drives imv very much like a 964RS. Its so much more than the sum of its parts. I have driven a MT GT3, and whist its a great car it drives nothing like the 991R.....The R has a lightness and " up on its heels" feeling that the GT3 just does not have.

Feel very lucky to own a 991R.....Every road trip feels an event......

"Feel very lucky to own a 991R.....Every road trip feels an event......"

Yep +1000

Old 10-19-2017, 07:56 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

The R is an immensely more enjoyable car vs the .1 GT3 or RS due to the wildness/ looseness of the car. You actually have to watch the back end because it will slide a lot. The RS and GT3 are too sanitized, too much grip, no drama unless you are doing 140 on the track. The R has drama at 40 and enough power to drift it from a dead stop.

The 997 4.0RS, The 911R, and the Boxster Spyder are the 3 best non-CGT’s/ non-918’s they have made in the last 15 years.

Quick Reply: 911 R