991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ADMs on 991.2 GT3

Old 10-19-2017, 08:21 AM
DerStig
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to believe people still fall for this. They have done it just 2 years ago for 991.1 and now those cars already wont move for 20% off sticker. Why cant people hold back a bit and not give in to the stealerships? This car like the previous one will also depreciate when 992 comes out because guess what, this isnt the last NA engine, certainly not the last 9000 rpm revving, and not the last manual either. Porsche realized they had a cash cow in their posession and they are going to milk it.

even if I had an 8 figure constant stream of income, just out of principle I would never do this. Its not a matter of funding.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:17 AM
llstuey
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Not fair for me just to throw that out there but what I thought was an allocation ended up being a miscommunication( leave it at that).

Regardless of the details; the Dealer stepped up and made everything right which is commendable. I never really had a doubt and I "get it" that **** happens. Car will be here Nov 3rd( like 6 months earlier than I was mentally prepared) but not going to complain. Not exactly the build I would of picked but so darn close (and my second choice in color) but every one is happy and hugging and we move on.

Black, PCCBs, Buckets, Satin Aluminum and a bunch of other goodies. Going the Xpel stealth the whole car.

I guess I am pretty stoked. Got a fair trade-in(what i expected) on My GT4. Just in time for my Bday at the end of Nov.
Congrats Jimmy - hope to see it around Chicago before it gets too cold. I just traded in my black .1 and it looked amazing. Like the idea of the stealth wrap - where are you getting that done locally? Mine will be here hopefully late spring.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:54 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
Hard to believe people still fall for this. They have done it just 2 years ago for 991.1 and now those cars already wont move for 20% off sticker.
Can you show us a few 15/16 .1s going for more than 20% off sticker? I've not seen these cars of which you speak.
Old 10-19-2017, 03:27 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by llstuey
Congrats Jimmy - hope to see it around Chicago before it gets too cold. I just traded in my black .1 and it looked amazing. Like the idea of the stealth wrap - where are you getting that done locally? Mine will be here hopefully late spring.
Chicago Auto Pros.- they are real good and others' on here have also used them
Old 10-19-2017, 03:50 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,701 Likes on 2,682 Posts

Since i am handing my GT4 the same day we will get a good review of the .2 GT3 with a Manual shortly after.

If I am disappointed, I will not hold back but a 4.0 NA w/ 500 HP will not disappoint. But I will give a fair evaluation if i think it is worth the additional $50,000-$60,000
Also have owned each (and driven the pdk version of the .2 GT3 on track while my Manual is being delivered), I don’t think either of us will be disappointed

The difference is not subtle 👍
Old 10-19-2017, 04:08 PM
Bossing
Rennlist Member

Received 89 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Also have owned each (and driven the pdk version of the .2 GT3 on track while my Manual is being delivered), I don’t think either of us will be disappointed

The difference is not subtle ��
^Amen.

Just the engine alone, the .2 GT3's not only performs significantly stronger over the GT4's but also that sound... that motorsport-spec mechanical raw sound even at idle is just wow!

My. 2 GT3's powerplant makes my GT4 feel & sound.... well in short, meek. As expected though... 4.0 from RSR/Cup vs. the 3.8 from 991.1 spec is a big difference.

Old 10-19-2017, 04:34 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bossing
^Amen.

Just the engine alone, the .2 GT3's not only performs significantly stronger over the GT4's but also that sound... that motorsport-spec mechanical raw sound even at idle is just wow!

My. 2 GT3's powerplant makes my GT4 feel & sound.... well in short, meek. As expected though... 4.0 from RSR/Cup vs. the 3.8 from 991.1 spec is a big difference.

Such a beautiful *** in that picture.

Always loved the rear of the GT3 but preferred the front of the GT4. With the .2 GT3 make over I like what they did with the front. Subtle but to me makes a difference
Old 10-19-2017, 06:12 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by DerStig
Hard to believe people still fall for this. They have done it just 2 years ago for 991.1 and now those cars already wont move for 20% off sticker. Why cant people hold back a bit and not give in to the stealerships? This car like the previous one will also depreciate when 992 comes out because guess what, this isnt the last NA engine, certainly not the last 9000 rpm revving, and not the last manual either. Porsche realized they had a cash cow in their posession and they are going to milk it.

even if I had an 8 figure constant stream of income, just out of principle I would never do this. Its not a matter of funding.
You plan on living forever?
Old 10-19-2017, 06:23 PM
meaker
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Was offered a chalk with buckets,lift and pccb for 15k over. 195k.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:00 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 224 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG

The difference is not subtle 👍
Also very much looking forward to your perspective.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
I don't know.. Your SN, brings a presence that makes stealerships cower in fear..
+1....You makea me pay an ADM, I breaka your kneecaps Its great to see a good Rennlister getting one of the first manuals at MSRP. Congrats Jimmy

J
Old 10-20-2017, 09:12 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I will say this for what it is worth: If you are working with a Dealer and you think you are getting ****ed. Take a deep breathe and try to work things out like adults before you blast a Dealership on this forum. In life you some times get more with sugar than with Vinegar

Most Dealers are reading these threads. They know exactly who are on them. Make no mistake - i know this for a fact.They know who is who. Just keep this in the back of your mind. There was just a rcent thread that a guy believed he was getting screwed out of a GT2 RS. I do not know the facts but things can be/should be- handled much differently.

This forum is very powerful but be very cautious how you harness that power.
Old 10-20-2017, 09:39 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

I will say this for what it is worth: If you are working with a Dealer and you think you are getting ****ed. Take a deep breathe and try to work things out like adults before you blast a Dealership on this forum. In life you some times get more with sugar than with Vinegar

Most Dealers are reading these threads. They know exactly who are on them. Make no mistake - i know this for a fact.They know who is who. Just keep this in the back of your mind. There was just a rcent thread that a guy believed he was getting screwed out of a GT2 RS. I do not know the facts but things can be/should be- handled much differently.

This forum is very powerful but be very cautious how you harness that power.
I've offen wondered how close PCNA and the dealers follow these boards? They would probably learn a lot from the folks that really enjoy these cars if they did.

Jim
Old 10-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I've offen wondered how close PCNA and the dealers follow these boards? They would probably learn a lot from the folks that really enjoy these cars if they did.

Jim
They do. Hence the GT4(Manual) and now the .2 with a Manual and a Touring edition.

The problem is capacity and resouces. Add a little bit of Marketing hype( which they have mastered) and demand will outstrip supply

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ADMs on 991.2 GT3