Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has paid ADM for a GT2RS allocation

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:21 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

The record it created at Nurburgring by itself made it an easy $500K car, if you can get one. Brokers asking $200K ADM or higher.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-11-2017, 12:33 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,260 Likes on 945 Posts

I was offered one at 175k over. I couldn’t stop laughing and the broker hung up on me.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:45 AM
Catorce
Banned

Received 73 Likes on 45 Posts

I had this conversation with the CEO of PCNA which everyone knows. Bottom line: 918 VIPs demand coupled with limited production capacity = not many of these will ultimately be built.

I asked him point blank why I could not order one of these at the dealer and the answer was basically 918 VIPs.

150K over? I can build a MUCH faster car than this thing. I like it but not that much.

One of my 997TT is getting Tial Xona 3076s - good for 1100 hp. It will leave the rs in the next zip code, except maybe not around the Nurb, but who cares about that.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:55 AM
ZAMIRZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't imagine being a prospective 918 buyer looking back now after having passed on the car. Their asses must be so chapped. All these 911s that are easily flipped for profit after a brief enjoyment period.

Lesson learned for next time.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:24 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce
I had this conversation with the CEO of PCNA which everyone knows. Bottom line: 918 VIPs demand coupled with limited production capacity = not many of these will ultimately be built.

I asked him point blank why I could not order one of these at the dealer and the answer was basically 918 VIPs.

150K over? I can build a MUCH faster car than this thing. I like it but not that much.

One of my 997TT is getting Tial Xona 3076s - good for 1100 hp. It will leave the rs in the next zip code, except maybe not around the Nurb, but who cares about that.
That's only about 200 cars though...I think the problem is dealer games and lack of transparency on how many GT2RSs will be built and shipped over to the US which is causing stealers/flippers/speculators/brokers to foam at the mouth. If I had $500k and I was dead set on buying a GT2RS, it'd be a 997 GT2RS because it's numbered (500). The 992 GT2/RS will be faster than the 991 GT2RS around the ring and I'm sure the 991 GT2RS will be trading below MSRP by that time.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:32 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3RS-Fan1
The record it created at Nurburgring by itself made it an easy $500K car, if you can get one. Brokers asking $200K ADM or higher.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
who are these "brokers" tell me more how it work, how where do they get cars/allocations how can they guarantee an outcome?

why would Porsche lime production, if you've been to the factory all cars are built on one line with the same number of stations, the limits are planning and supplier production.

what would happen if PAG said we will build one to every order?
Old 10-11-2017, 02:40 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

It is actually very simple. Post here in this forum you are looking for such and such PORSCHE model and wallah, in no time you get a PM and an eventual exchange of phone numbers and they keep your name in their database or phone book. As new models come out they hit you up random and ask if you are interested. Many here have experienced that.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1

Originally Posted by dark knight
who are these "brokers" tell me more how it work, how where do they get cars/allocations how can they guarantee an outcome?

why would Porsche lime production, if you've been to the factory all cars are built on one line with the same number of stations, the limits are planning and supplier production.

what would happen if PAG said we will build one to every order?
Old 10-11-2017, 02:42 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ
I can't imagine being a prospective 918 buyer looking back now after having passed on the car. Their asses must be so chapped. All these 911s that are easily flipped for profit after a brief enjoyment period.

Lesson learned for next time.
I went to the Miami and Dallas showings, I could have done it. It wouldn't have been easy but I could've stretched, But I didn't want a hybrid car. My *** isn't chapped, I wouldn't have flipped any of the cars, I don't believe its right to flip because i don't believe in exploiting others like me. I believe dealerships should make money selling service and lots of cars at MSRP. I believe cars are fun toys that should depreciate, not commodities. At this point i would have had an R to keep , an RS and a GT2RS order in and would sell the 918 as i prefer 911s, it would complicate my life as I could not sustain all the purchases

Last edited by dark knight; 10-11-2017 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:04 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tims16m
What's the difference between paying a premium for a GT2RS versus any other car on the market like a CGT or a GT3RS4.0?
its a bad business decision, its one of passion, that takes the fun out of it. CGT sold at discount when they were new. They have appreciated now, thats a separate issue. Plus every single 918 owner still in the program pays MSRP, how do you feel if you have to pay more?
Old 10-11-2017, 03:15 AM
SEB74
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Catorce

No you can’t build a street legal faster car sorry dude
Old 10-11-2017, 03:41 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

i would pay up to 30k€ over if i could get an early 2018 one.
and would drive, race, hoon the hell out of it!
Old 10-11-2017, 03:45 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,799 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
I went to the Miami and Dallas showings, I could have done it. It wouldn't have been easy but I could've stretched, But I didn't want a hybrid car. My *** isn't chapped, I wouldn't have flipped any of the cars, I don't believe its right to flip because i don't believe in exploiting others like me. I believe dealerships should make money selling service and lots of cars at MSRP. I believe cars are fun toys that should depreciate, not commodities. At this point i would have had an R to keep , an RS and a GT2RS order in and would sell the 918 as i prefer 911s, it would complicate my life as I could not sustain all the purchases
I was thinking of asking one of my well-to-do buddies to buy the 918 and back-stop him on any loss to secure all the GT cars at MSRP and split any profit with it from selling the 918. I would have kept ALL the GT cars including the R and traded ever since one of them.
Old 10-11-2017, 08:56 AM
Palting
Rennlist Member

Received 238 Likes on 153 Posts

Interesting thread. Only thing is, everyone is only talking about it, around it, over it, etc. No one here has actually paid it. Or at least, no one here has admitted to it. So far. Maybe never?
Old 10-11-2017, 09:03 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I have only heard of people paying $100k over - don't know anyone first hand who has. Know multiple people who have given up on ordering Porsches and moved on (one with over 60 prior orders).

My SA told me they were looking for a big fee (didn't ask the amount) so I politely told him I'm an MSRP buyer only. Slept on it and cancelled all my orders and deposits - now shopping for 4 new cars elsewhere. They of course claimed miscommunication as the reason I should stay.

Think I'm getting a 570S Spider instead of the GT3, Volvo XC60 hybrid instead of the Cayenne. Need to figure out a GT2 RS and Panny Hybrid alternative still.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:11 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I have only heard of people paying $100k over - don't know anyone first hand who has. Know multiple people who have given up on ordering Porsches and moved on (one with over 60 prior orders).

My SA told me they were looking for a big fee (didn't ask the amount) so I politely told him I'm an MSRP buyer only. Slept on it and cancelled all my orders and deposits - now shopping for 4 new cars elsewhere. They of course claimed miscommunication as the reason I should stay.

Think I'm getting a 570S Spider instead of the GT3, Volvo XC60 hybrid instead of the Cayenne. Need to figure out a GT2 RS and Panny Hybrid alternative still.
and this is exactly what Porsche needs to be concerned about, They need to produce more cars for "us" Why have base 911s languishing on lots when you could sell many more GT cars? Why upset your best customers. The 918 VIP program has proven one thing. It isn't the end of the world to essentially force MSRP sales, actually I havent heard of any 918 VIP complain of their buying experience

Quick Reply: who has paid ADM for a GT2RS allocation