Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has paid ADM for a GT2RS allocation

Old 10-14-2017, 12:03 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by wareaglescott
The lawyer talk in this thread makes in easy to understand why the general population views lawyers in a negative light.....
like cops, when you need them everyone shuts up.

notice how Ford doesn't seem to have problems with the GT sales, perhaps something to learn here, i certainly won't be buying an RS. The games turn me off completely. Its why I didn't even look at a 350R. It looks like no-one is admitting to paying the huge ADM mentioned out there, perhaps its wise to see how many they will build, perhaps enough to put a dent into VAGs fines?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:20 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts
Based on your name, are you a lawyer? The measure of damages would be pretty easy to establish. Call a bunch of dealers and find some with a GT2RS allocation and see what the ADM is and pay the lowest you find that and there are your damages. You probably would not even have to buy the replacement car to establish those damages. The ADM ask could also be a measure of damages could also work. Or what the dealer received in ADM. This all assumes a valid and enforcable contract.

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The interesting question isn't whether the letter you have is a legally enforceable agreement (it is, regardless of whether it's notarized or not, in fact the notary is ostensibly worthless).

The more interesting question is what your remedy, or legal recourse, is if the dealer breaches that contract with you.

Say, the dealer says, "Sorry, bud, if you want an 2RS, you're going to have to pony up an ADM." Then what? You sue for breach? This creates several issues for you, not the least of which is (1) are you going to hire that lawyer you know for 500/hour to litigate this? For damages that will probably not amount to $100k (more on that later); (2) what are your actual damages? It's certainly not an actual 2RS, or even a 2RS at MSRP because you as the wronged party in a breach of contract suit has a duty to mitigate damages. So, if that bastard of a dealer offers you a GT3 RS, or another similar 911 (even a Carrera), you'd have a duty to mitigate your damages, which is essentially the difference between what you reasonably should have taken as a substitute offer from the dealer to what you would've expected.

So, I ask again, what real legal recourse would you have if the dealer breaches?

Come here on RL and bitch about them? Go to Jalopnik and shame them on social media?

Or would you really want to hire an attorney and litigate? (Because this is out of small claims court given the amount at stake.)
Old 10-14-2017, 07:24 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
This is where it gets tricky. Committing to MSRP is only step 1 of 2

(a) Is it written on your agreement that you get his #2 allocation (or #2 car)? In which case, a very strong commitment to you.

Or,

(b) has "someone" only said you you're number 2 in line? Not so strong commitment to you. Some wiggle room for them in this one.

At this point, it sounds like they would like it to happen.
I hope you get it.
How do you prove that they have received a second car and given the allocation to someone else? At that point your remedy is to go to court seeking an injunction and the judge is the wild card. If the car hasn't been delivered maybe they let you take that car if it has probably too late and then you have to go through a full legal process to prove damages which I would expect to cost $50k+. You're the plantif so you need to build your case.

I'm not a lawyer but spend about $10m per year on top tier law firms ($1250+ an hour). We were in court seeking an injunction on something a few weeks ago and generally see a few litigations or threaten litigations a year.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:29 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
How do you prove that they have received a second car and given the allocation to someone else?
You don't have to prove it. They'll tell you. By saying something like this: "We would give you the second car we get for which no one is willing to pay us an ADM on. Unfortunately, all allocations we had were taken by our customers who wanted to pay us an ADM. And so, we're out of allocations. Oh, that's not what you understood? Sorry about that."

Originally Posted by NateOZ
At that point your remedy is to go to court .........
Please understand - I would never seek legal remedy to own a car the dealer says, in so many words, I can't have. Let him keep his car and I'll keep my $350K. Not so bad, don't you think? I mean, it could end up being a blessing in disguise for me!
Old 10-14-2017, 11:25 PM
dark knight
Drifting

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

its just sad, this is what we need to talk about, something has to change, and increasing production would solve this problem
Old 10-16-2017, 05:25 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,583 Likes on 732 Posts

I don't get it.

The R wasn't worth more then the GT3 manual and that was at least numbered, not that I care.

The GT2RS isn't worth more than the sum of its TTS and GT3RS parts... $225K. never mind $300K, never mind over sticker..

I'm just stumped in a poor mans state of mind.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who has paid ADM for a GT2RS allocation