Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

who has paid ADM for a GT2RS allocation

Old 10-13-2017, 09:55 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
They will build one for every buyer out there. The only thing stopping 10k cars being built is the ADM. this is a reason the car will not be a numbered run. Im just waiting on my 991.2 3rs. Got a notarized letter from my dealer today regarding car at MSRP thanks to the porsche main line thread. By the way I believe the gentleman in that thread stop posting because his lawyer said so. He is taking them to court and will get a car at MSRP
We shall indeed see if they build one for every buyer -1..
Regarding loser from other thread, his words verbatim were that he cancelled his contract because POTML offered him something he had wanted more...
Old 10-13-2017, 09:58 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Got a notarized letter from my dealer today regarding car at MSRP...
Fools gold, IMO.

Now, if it said you get his first allocation at MSRP, that would be genuine gold.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:26 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

They will build one for every buyer out there. The only thing stopping 10k cars being built is the ADM. this is a reason the car will not be a numbered run. Im just waiting on my 991.2 3rs. Got a notarized letter from my dealer today regarding car at MSRP thanks to the porsche main line thread. By the way I believe the gentleman in that thread stop posting because his lawyer said so. He is taking them to court and will get a car at MSRP
You got a ‘notarized’ letter? Your dealer rep went to a notary and got his/her signature notarized on a letter to you about your allocation? That makes no sense.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:38 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Fools gold, IMO.

Now, if it said you get his first allocation at MSRP, that would be genuine gold.

i get car #2. Dealer has a 918 buyer in line before me

adfing on he is 70+ years old. Passing on gt2rs (available at 200k over if anyone interested)and salesman making it seem like the guy is over it because of health reasons. I feel like im being buttered up since im only 36 and hopefully have a bunch of years left filling there sales books

Last edited by Golden Boy; 10-13-2017 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-13-2017, 10:46 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by Archimedes
You got a ‘notarized’ letter? Your dealer rep went to a notary and got his/her signature notarized on a letter to you about your allocation? That makes no sense.

at dealer in person. My letter. His signature (salesman and gm), my signature, notary as 3rd party witness (my secretary) . Reading the main line thread got me extra worried. Sorry get lazy typing online and keeping it short in 1st post. Make sense now?
Old 10-13-2017, 11:02 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

at dealer in person. My letter. His signature (salesman and gm), my signature, notary as 3rd party witness (my secretary) . Reading the main line thread got me extra worried. Sorry get lazy typing online and keeping it short in 1st post. Make sense now?
No because notarizing a letter like that makes no sense unless you believe he’s going to commit felony fraud. Notarizing his signature has no bearing on whether the document represents a legally binding contract or not.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:26 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

No because notarizing a letter like that makes no sense unless you believe he’s going to commit felony fraud. Notarizing his signature has no bearing on whether the document represents a legally binding contract or not.

its attached to the “contract” and or sales order. As in a single document restating what the contract/sales order states clearly typed vs handwriting on contract . Msrp defined as manufactures suggested retail price on paper. Sorry im not a lawyer. Surely wasn’t calling mine at $500 per hour for this. Redundant maybe. But did calm my nerves somewhat. If you are a lawyer obviously you would know more about any protection if any i get from what i did.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:44 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,724 Likes on 4,759 Posts

its attached to the “contract” and or sales order. As in a single document restating what the contract/sales order states clearly typed vs handwriting on contract . Msrp defined as manufactures suggested retail price on paper. Sorry im not a lawyer. Surely wasn’t calling mine at $500 per hour for this. Redundant maybe. But did calm my nerves somewhat. If you are a lawyer obviously you would know more about any protection if any i get from what i did.
The interesting question isn't whether the letter you have is a legally enforceable agreement (it is, regardless of whether it's notarized or not, in fact the notary is ostensibly worthless).

The more interesting question is what your remedy, or legal recourse, is if the dealer breaches that contract with you.

Say, the dealer says, "Sorry, bud, if you want an 2RS, you're going to have to pony up an ADM." Then what? You sue for breach? This creates several issues for you, not the least of which is (1) are you going to hire that lawyer you know for 500/hour to litigate this? For damages that will probably not amount to $100k (more on that later); (2) what are your actual damages? It's certainly not an actual 2RS, or even a 2RS at MSRP because you as the wronged party in a breach of contract suit has a duty to mitigate damages. So, if that bastard of a dealer offers you a GT3 RS, or another similar 911 (even a Carrera), you'd have a duty to mitigate your damages, which is essentially the difference between what you reasonably should have taken as a substitute offer from the dealer to what you would've expected.

So, I ask again, what real legal recourse would you have if the dealer breaches?

Come here on RL and bitch about them? Go to Jalopnik and shame them on social media?

Or would you really want to hire an attorney and litigate? (Because this is out of small claims court given the amount at stake.)
Old 10-13-2017, 11:51 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
The interesting question isn't whether the letter you have is a legally enforceable agreement (it is, regardless of whether it's notarized or not, in fact the notary is ostensibly worthless).

The more interesting question is what your remedy, or legal recourse, is if the dealer breaches that contract with you.

Say, the dealer says, "Sorry, bud, if you want an 2RS, you're going to have to pony up an ADM." Then what? You sue for breach? This creates several issues for you, not the least of which is (1) are you going to hire that lawyer you know for 500/hour to litigate this? For damages that will probably not amount to $100k (more on that later); (2) what are your actual damages? It's certainly not an actual 2RS, or even a 2RS at MSRP because you as the wronged party in a breach of contract suit has a duty to mitigate damages. So, if that bastard of a dealer offers you a GT3 RS, or another similar 911 (even a Carrera), you'd have a duty to mitigate your damages, which is essentially the difference between what you reasonably should have taken as a substitute offer from the dealer to what you would've expected.

So, I ask again, what real legal recourse would you have if the dealer breaches?

Come here on RL and bitch about them? Go to Jalopnik and shame them on social media?

Or would you really want to hire an attorney and litigate? (Because this is out of small claims court given the amount at stake.)

i understand it can still get ugly if they decide to go that route. Im not sure what i would do at that point. Would probably take it to court on principle alone. $25k for a lawyer would be same as $25k ADM which would seem reasonable for guarantee that would be honored by a dealership
Old 10-13-2017, 11:55 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 10,724 Likes on 4,759 Posts

i understand it can still get ugly if they decide to go that route. Im not sure what i would do at that point. Would probably take it to court on principle alone. $25k for a lawyer would be same as $25k ADM which would seem reasonable for guarantee that would be honored by a dealership
That's the thing, there is no guarantee the letter would be honored.

In fact, it might be impossible for the dealer to do so by the time the case is actually litigated and a judgment entered. All GT2 RS allocations may be finished and done by PAG.

So what then?
Old 10-14-2017, 12:13 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
That's the thing, there is no guarantee the letter would be honored.

In fact, it might be impossible for the dealer to do so by the time the case is actually litigated and a judgment entered. All GT2 RS allocations may be finished and done by PAG.

So what then?

move on with life at that point. This was all to make it seem harder for them to back out plus additional peace of mind. This allocation im talking about personally is for 991.2 Gt3rs. In regards to a gt2rs 200k over is insane. Anything more than 35k over on it to me seems crazy since im sure they will manufacture as many as dealers can sell. Only thing limiting production on a gt2rs is the ADM.
Old 10-14-2017, 05:07 AM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

i get car #2. Dealer has a 918 buyer in line before me
This is where it gets tricky. Committing to MSRP is only step 1 of 2

(a) Is it written on your agreement that you get his #2 allocation (or #2 car)? In which case, a very strong commitment to you.

Or,

(b) has "someone" only said you you're number 2 in line? Not so strong commitment to you. Some wiggle room for them in this one.

At this point, it sounds like they would like it to happen.
I hope you get it.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:53 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

I think you are fine. Surprised they signed it but they are not going to sign some thing like this and then screw you later.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:36 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

The lawyer talk in this thread makes in easy to understand why the general population views lawyers in a negative light.....

Regardless of the legal worth of the notarized letter it at least shows the dealer intends to operate in an ethical manner and honor their word to sell the car to Golden Boy at MSRP. If they had thoughts of doing otherwise they likely wouldn't be willing to sign the letter. None of us know of the personal relationship Golden Boy has established with his dealer. It is worth his effort for piece of mind if nothing else. If he feels good about the situation why do a bunch of forum warriors feel the need to come along and try to make it a negative? In some peoples minds their signature on a document still means something in todays world even if the lawyers want to come along and point out they can still get out of it and screw Golden Boy over if they really want to.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:41 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 795 Likes on 545 Posts

Can you post a pic? I've never seen a 2017 GT3. Was that the 991.1.5?
All GT3's in Europe right now are 2017's. Plenty of those.. But those are 991.2's

and i doubt they are under msrp

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: who has paid ADM for a GT2RS allocation