Sponsored by:

Factory Tour & european Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 02:44 PM
rezgui.rachid
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Tour & european Delivery

Had a factory tour yesterday in Zuffenhausen and wanted to share the experience. Our Guide was Walter treer. I guess some of you might know him.

it was very very interesting, came to know a few things that might have been reported previously:

-it is high season for GT3s. I stopped counting at some point, every fourth car or so was a gt3. on the assembly line, outside ready for testing and ready for delivery. Mostly White, Chalk, and some were Miami. Many of them had the Amber Side lights for US market.

-we were not allowed to see the marriage: reason was some prototypes were there. I guess it was the 992.

-the factory doesnt have a 24/7 assembly. It just goes from 7-21h. The reason is that the neighbors complain at night when cars are tested after assembly (Not all cars are tested, i forgot the percentage). I think porsche needs to work on this to increase capacity.

- pdk is made by ZF. This was new to me. I thought Porsche made its tranny and thats why they call it P'orsche'DK

-factory delivery is stopped: reason is the factory is a big construction site. A new factory is being build for the MissionE, so the whole area is a mess.

Quick Reply: Factory Tour & european Delivery