Sponsored by:

Sold my 991 RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 11:30 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Rubystone is one color in the RS I would not buy. Ugly color imho.

RealityGT: I don't know what the ADM's will be on .2GT3RS. My crystal ball is busted. Have to wing it. Alls I say is that if the GT2RS is not supposed to be a limited production vehicle with more units than the .1GT3 and .1RS (whose productoin numbers have been way way exagerated including in Wiki) you tell me how the car now demands $200K over. This is not the first thread where someone has reported $200K+ ADMs on the car.

Soooo,... and just thinking out loud here....if an non-limited production TT GT2RS commands $200K+ over MSRP you now want me to tell you what a limited production last of the Mohican 991RS NA will command by way of ADM. OK, here it is.....I will predict with percision and exactitude................. "A LOT".

My dealer sells only at MSRP. I've had a deposit on a GT car for 2 years now (was offer .2GT3 and turned it down) and "supposedly" near the top now. If i get an allocation at MSRP for the .2GT3RS I'm buying it. If they pull the same crap as the majority of dealers and want 6 figures in an ADM screw them. No actually I may sue them since I have a purchase order in writting. I don't mind leaving $5 to 10K on the table and walking away on an ADM but if the car I have an offered allocation on is worth $200k+ over, uh,...I want my car and I want it at MSRP as promised and agreed. They have been holding my deposit. I want my car. Regardless, I win anyway even if I keep my .1RS since 6 figure ADMs on the .2GT3RS will bouie the value of .1GT3RS's.

The .1RS is epic and always will be epic. I mean just look at the damn thing! It garners smiles, looks, gawks and compliments every time I take it out. It goes like stink and sounds wicked to boot. Win win in my book.
.23RS - such a long way out I find it hard to believe they are going to produce very many VIP's come first. Dealers are still buying the GT3RS speaks volumes. The last NA are going to sky rocket it's on e thing to bring back a manual NA will never return. I wouldn't be surprised to see an RS manual you are going to see ADM like never before.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:18 PM
WernerE
Three Wheelin'

Received 263 Likes on 141 Posts

There are approx. 100 used RS for sale on cars.com, which tells me this model has not yet found a bottom.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:00 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

This whole dance kills me. When the .1RS came out everyone was clambering for one at MSRP. Now that there are a bunch for sale at close to that everyone wants a .2RS at MSRP. That most probably can't get.

A friend who wanted a .1RS, but worried about the value, then wanted a 2RS which he had no chance for, wants a touring GT3 which he probably can't get.

Meanwhile he waits forever. Oh he also wanted an R.

Buy a car and enjoy it.
Old 10-12-2017, 08:17 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by carcommander
This whole dance kills me. When the .1RS came out everyone was clambering for one at MSRP. Now that there are a bunch for sale at close to that everyone wants a .2RS at MSRP. That most probably can't get.

A friend who wanted a .1RS, but worried about the value, then wanted a 2RS which he had no chance for, wants a touring GT3 which he probably can't get.

Buy a car and enjoy it.
This is most of this forum right now, very disappointing.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:21 PM
0to60
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Timing any market is full of risk. Automobile market is no different. How about buy the car you want, when you want it and enjoy.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:51 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

fastmd "buy a car and enjoy it" this is the most sage advice!
this isn't some kind of stock market, its a car buy what you iike, enjoy it, keep waiting and life will pass you by
when you were younger and had a chance to bang some hottie but said nah , i think her little toe is too big, or she might get fat someday, or I don't like her voice, you regret that now?
Old 10-13-2017, 03:38 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Buy a car and enjoy it.
Originally Posted by fastmd
This is most of this forum right now, very disappointing.
Originally Posted by 0to60
Timing any market is full of risk. Automobile market is no different. How about buy the car you want, when you want it and enjoy.
Originally Posted by dark knight
fastmd "buy a car and enjoy it" this is the most sage advice!
this isn't some kind of stock market, its a car buy what you iike, enjoy it, keep waiting and life will pass you by
when you were younger and had a chance to bang some hottie but said nah , i think her little toe is too big, or she might get fat someday, or I don't like her voice, you regret that now?
you ppl must be RL old timers
right on.
buy now and enjoy
i am 100 miles away from nor cal fire. 400 miles away from so cal fire. not too far from vegas shooting and CA may have earthquake any day. n korean kim may fire a few missile over and tmo is friday the 13th. what make u think you will be alive next week. buy it NOW. and drive tmo. got 3 good healthy friends die in their 30's out of the blue...

and what i find incredibly funny is those who do not have 991.1GT3 at msrp back then. if u can't get it then, you wont get the new .2 at msrp most likely....

but what do we old farts know.
Old 10-13-2017, 05:41 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Buy a car and enjoy it.
Bingo ......it's laughable.

Quick Reply: Sold my 991 RS