Sponsored by:

Sold my 991 RS

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 11:27 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Agreed. You're absolutely correct.. a miscommuncation and he runs to RL to air his grievances and find support (typical of his age group)... RL provides support with torches in hand.. he cuts a deal and thinks he did it on his own.. hahaha FTL!

He should have "been a man" and sought out his own resolution if it was as simple as "miscommunication" ... Then to call out people and say "come talk to me in person".. Yeah, that is a class act... pathetic.

This is the internet right??
Old 10-11-2017, 11:29 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 260 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by Golden Boy
This is the internet right??
You sir are correct..
Old 10-11-2017, 11:32 AM
shapiroeric
Race Car

Received 546 Likes on 277 Posts

He actually said within 90 days he expects it to happen.
Does he have any stock tips?
Old 10-11-2017, 11:34 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Agreed. You're absolutely correct.. a miscommuncation and he runs to RL to air his grievances and find support (typical of his age group)... RL provides support with torches in hand.. he cuts a deal and thinks he did it on his own.. hahaha FTL!

He should have "been a man" and sought out his own resolution if it was as simple as "miscommunication" ... Then to call out people and say "come talk to me in person".. Yeah, that is a class act... pathetic.

i was the one one that was called out. Then he tells me he doesn’t do the thought guy internet thing and Im sitting there wtf??

That thread and OP was all wrong.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Yippiekiaye
Rennlist Member

Received 2,271 Likes on 946 Posts

Do you mind posting msrp of your car and what you sold for ? to dealer or private?

I had spoken to a dealer/friend of mine in the north east (Massachusetts) that said he had 8 people trying to trade in their gt3rs as well and that he wasn't taking them beleiving that the market is going to fall on them soon and fast He actually said within 90 days he expects it to happen. The dealer i traded mine at has 4 now in stock and has had 3 of them for over 2 months. I personally think the market it going to get soft on them and below msrp isnt to far away. I still may get screwed on a 991.2 3rs by my dealer but will deal with it when the time comes. I may regret selling the .1 gt3rs later as well. Who knows? only time will tell
serious?? I’m about to pull the trigger on an RS. Might sit and wait another 30 days and see how the market shakes out. I don’t mind taking a small hit but don’t want to be involved in a blood bath.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:41 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by shapiroeric
Does he have any stock tips?
Didnt ask . Not in the market myself and never have been. Just like the market though my move to sell was speculative. I am in no way trying to force people into selling their cars. For me in NY winter is almost here. Its store the car for 5 months or dump. I dumped at low cost to me to avoid a possible blood bath.
Old 10-11-2017, 11:43 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
serious?? I’m about to pull the trigger on an RS. Might sit and wait another 30 days and see how the market shakes out. I don’t mind taking a small hit but don’t want to be involved in a blood bath.
He could be lying for all i know. But it is someone i used to by cars from that was local to NY and now isn't. The only reason i believe him is that we had a good relationship when he worked at a local non Porsche dealer and would make me think he has no reason to lie to me. He could be dead wrong though. Its literally all speculation
Old 10-11-2017, 11:52 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Yippiekiaye
RS has held value thru history - special car but that's just a stat.

If you wait in business you lose if you wait in life to you lose.

Money comes and goes it's what motivates people to push.

Get the car work smarter harder - repeat

If you feel you can't afford to lose money buy something else you can and work your way up comfortably.

All these value threads depreciation timing - value matters twice when you buy and sell in-between if you feel you can't enjoy it under your ownership prior to buying - why stress over 5% plus or minus.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 10-11-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

get your eyes checked.. 'jus sayin..
Really? I'm not sure if I could tell them apart in my rear view mirror.
Attached Images  
Old 10-11-2017, 12:29 PM
Golden Boy
Pro

Originally Posted by Catorce
Really? I'm not sure if I could tell them apart in my rear view mirror.
We get your point. You dont like the LFA. You actually despise it. I prefer to not pass judgement on what other people drive. They are spending their money not mine.

Either way original thread i started was regarding a 991.2 GT3 RS. Looking for PTS opinions.. Mexico blue is my favorite color but seems to match up to other manufacturers painting similar colors so it seems more common. My 2nd color i was kicking around was rubystone red. Any opinions?
Old 10-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Catorce
Banned

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I don't despise it at all, I think what they achieved with the LFA is amazing. Although I think it's styling is bland, there is no question that it is a serious performance car.

My main gripe with the LFA is that it costs nearly 500K, which is steep money for what is essentially Aikio Toyoda's passion project. It's not viable at that money, and that's why it's not in production any longer.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:26 PM
Craigy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't think you could go wrong with a rubystone RS. There might be a few others picking that color but it's a classic, loud Porsche color that will definitely stand out. I like Mexico blue, but you are right there are a lot of similar blues out there.

Depending on how crazy you can go, I've always wondered if Porsche would do heated inserts in the lightweight buckets.

Sounds like a good move overall. Got good value for your trade, avoided having to insure and store a car that you don't drive, kept that huge sales tax credit. Coming from Louisiana (9.75%) I can feel that pain. As long as the dealer doesn't go bankrupt in the meantime, and as long as they gave you a receipt for that deposit.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:41 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,107 Likes on 549 Posts

Do you mind posting msrp of your car and what you sold for ? to dealer or private?

I had spoken to a dealer/friend of mine in the north east (Massachusetts) that said he had 8 people trying to trade in their gt3rs as well and that he wasn't taking them beleiving that the market is going to fall on them soon and fast He actually said within 90 days he expects it to happen. The dealer i traded mine at has 4 now in stock and has had 3 of them for over 2 months. I personally think the market it going to get soft on them and below msrp isnt to far away. I still may get screwed on a 991.2 3rs by my dealer but will deal with it when the time comes. I may regret selling the .1 gt3rs later as well. Who knows? only time will tell
No, it’s different this time!
Old 10-11-2017, 10:43 PM
HGM 10
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mind posting msrp of your car and what you sold for ? to dealer or private? I had spoken to a dealer/friend of mine in the north east (Massachusetts) that said he had 8 people trying to trade in their gt3rs as well and that he wasn't taking them beleiving that the market is going to fall on them soon and fast He actually said within 90 days he expects it to happen. The dealer i traded mine at has 4 now in stock and has had 3 of them for over 2 months. I personally think the market it going to get soft on them and below msrp isnt to far away. I still may get screwed on a 991.2 3rs by my dealer but will deal with it when the time comes. I may regret selling the .1 gt3rs later as well. Who knows? only time will tell
Yes my msrp was 215 and i sold it for 210 to a private, i think as everybody that knows the market the 991 gt3 rs's are going to drop a bit not much but a hint, so i think i made a smart move before dropping a little bit more, i think all has to do with the incoming new generation and the famous option to go for the 6 speed, im currently waiting for my gt3 .2 allocation and after that i will try to get an RS .2, let see what happens, i did put 6500 miles on my car i did drove it for 1 year and 8months of ownership and it was awesome the only thing i got bored with the pdk, ( i felt that it was to easy to drive fast and lacks a bit on the enjoyment of driving) i drive it more on the canyons that on the track, even though where i live you can drive it all the way to
300 km/h...
Drive safe
Peace
Old 10-11-2017, 11:02 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

Rubystone is one color in the RS I would not buy. Ugly color imho.

RealityGT: I don't know what the ADM's will be on .2GT3RS. My crystal ball is busted. Have to wing it. Alls I say is that if the GT2RS is not supposed to be a limited production vehicle with more units than the .1GT3 and .1RS (whose productoin numbers have been way way exagerated including in Wiki) you tell me how the car now demands $200K over. This is not the first thread where someone has reported $200K+ ADMs on the car.

Soooo,... and just thinking out loud here....if an non-limited production TT GT2RS commands $200K+ over MSRP you now want me to tell you what a limited production last of the Mohican 991RS NA will command by way of ADM. OK, here it is.....I will predict with percision and exactitude................. "A LOT".

My dealer sells only at MSRP. I've had a deposit on a GT car for 2 years now (was offer .2GT3 and turned it down) and "supposedly" near the top now. If i get an allocation at MSRP for the .2GT3RS I'm buying it. If they pull the same crap as the majority of dealers and want 6 figures in an ADM screw them. No actually I may sue them since I have a purchase order in writting. I don't mind leaving $5 to 10K on the table and walking away on an ADM but if the car I have an offered allocation on is worth $200k+ over, uh,...I want my car and I want it at MSRP as promised and agreed. They have been holding my deposit. I want my car. Regardless, I win anyway even if I keep my .1RS since 6 figure ADMs on the .2GT3RS will bouie the value of .1GT3RS's.

The .1RS is epic and always will be epic. I mean just look at the damn thing! It garners smiles, looks, gawks and compliments every time I take it out. It goes like stink and sounds wicked to boot. Win win in my book.

Quick Reply: Sold my 991 RS