Sponsored by:

Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 11:44 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
What happens if **** gets the shaft again? Can he come back and repeat this strategy?
Rut Roh
Old 10-18-2017, 04:16 AM
GT3RS-Fan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Maybe this was what happened. The "miscommunication" reminds me of the movie where it was stated "...it is very personal, very important thing...."

Whether the dealer is doing damage control, or the buyer was compensated by some $$, it boils down to money. One of the party involved got the money (or the car ).

Just like the movie.

Drive safe,
GT3RS-Fan1
Old 10-18-2017, 09:17 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

POTML is my dealer and they’ve always treated me well. Even though I’m from New York and there are 3-4 Porsche dealers around me,I drive 100 miles just to service my car there. They are the only Porsche dealer I use,I put my name on a list for an allocation and wait. If they can get me a car they will,no BS. They haven’t let me down yet. I’ve known people there for years(service and sales) and they invite me to all their events : I’ve participated in some...

We don’t know the full story of what happened to the OP,but all I can say :if you are in the area definitely deal with POTML! They are on the good dealer list.

There you go,real world experience...
Old 10-18-2017, 09:31 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm sure POTML got greedy like all the dealers. I know 3 in the NY area that we're MSRP only and now are looking for ADMs on the 2RS. All of them have lost repeat customers who don't buy cars with debt and also buy non-GT cars regularly. I doubt there is much to the st

My​​ dealer claimed miscommunication when I cancelled all my outstanding orders. It's pretty hard to miscommunicate an email that says they want a "big fee for the GT2 RS".
Old 10-18-2017, 10:30 AM
Icutyou
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I'm sure POTML got greedy like all the dealers. I know 3 in the NY area that we're MSRP only and now are looking for ADMs on the 2RS. All of them have lost repeat customers who don't buy cars with debt and also buy non-GT cars regularly. I doubt there is much to the st

My​​ dealer claimed miscommunication when I cancelled all my outstanding orders. It's pretty hard to miscommunicate an email that says they want a "big fee for the GT2 RS".
Was yours Manhattan Motorcars?
Old 10-18-2017, 03:13 PM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb M.
Unfortunately the OP feels he owes Rennlist no explanation and he keeps locking the thread in an attempt to quell the discussion. This doesn't sit right with us. Thread open.
Forums are a powerful tool. OP obtained thoughts, advice and suggestions from forum contributors that likely helped with his situation. For example, I'm sure there were a number of people in this thread who suggested **** speak with the GM and not just rely upon conversation with a sales agent and, that led ultimately to a resolution. And, the impact of so many Porsche buyers and enthusiasts congregating in a forum is quantifiable and tangible and influences dealers and Porsche. That is evidenced by Rob's sticky thread where many of us benefited from an increased engine warranty due to his and other forum members efforts.

So, when a forum member/user obtains the benefit of the forum and then erases everything associated with the event, doing so takes away from efforts and good will of contributing forum members and, serves to diminish the learning or educating experience that could have been of benefit to other members. If someone else has the same problem, and someone will, it would be nice to know what was done by **** and, how to best handle the problem. But, that's lost, likely due to a NDA between **** and the dealership. That NDA is being enforced by the dealership, not by ****. And, therefore, there is an inference that the dealership wants to keep the terms of any agreement as well as any wrong doing on their part hidden. Well, unless we get answers to what happened, why, and how we could all learn from the event, the default based upon the inference is the dealership was in the wrong and, that they should be avoided as an ADM dealership who wont stand by their agreements absent being called out in open forum.

The dealership would be wise to lift the NDA, allow **** to explain how he was made right and, we could all go on. As to the rather nasty exchange between **** and other forum members, a simple apology would be nice.

Dan (spent too much time collecting his two cents on this one)
Old 10-18-2017, 07:14 PM
tgibrit
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
If someone else has the same problem, and someone will, it would be nice to know what was done by **** and, how to best handle the problem. But, that's lost, likely due to a NDA between **** and the dealership. That NDA is being enforced by the dealership, not by ****. And, therefore, there is an inference that the dealership wants to keep the terms of any agreement as well as any wrong doing on their part hidden. Well, unless we get answers to what happened, why, and how we could all learn from the event, the default based upon the inference is the dealership was in the wrong and, that they should be avoided as an ADM dealership who wont stand by their agreements absent being called out in open forum.

The dealership would be wise to lift the NDA, allow **** to explain how he was made right and, we could all go on. As to the rather nasty exchange between **** and other forum members, a simple apology would be nice.
This hits the nail on the head I think, the OP decided to question the integrity of POTML in a public forum and then retracted his statements with no explanation. this leaves us with the assumption the dealership is at fault and the lack of explanation from the OP is due to a presumed NDA. it does not benefit POTML to remain silent, their reputation is still in question, perhaps the OP was at fault - who knows?
Old 10-18-2017, 08:52 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hfm
..... **** [needs] to explain how he was made right...
You missed, entirely, the explanation already provided by the OP.

He's said there was, simply, a misunderstanding between him and the dealer. And there was no "wrong" involved that needed to be made "right." That explanation, for some reason, seems too hard to swallow.

In place of that explanation, it appears you've fabricated a non existent, right/wrong scenario between the dealer and the OP. And, go on to suggest to the OP he should come clean and provide an explanation for your fictionalized version of what went down.

Oh, and you expect that will provide closure to this thread.

Good luck, with all that.
Old 10-18-2017, 11:59 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by fuddman

He's said there was, simply, a misunderstanding between him and the dealer. And there was no "wrong" involved that needed to be made "right." That explanation, for some reason, seems too hard to swallow.

In place of that explanation, it appears you've fabricated a non existent, right/wrong scenario between the dealer and the OP. And, go on to suggest to the OP he should come clean and provide an explanation for your fictionalized version of what went down.

fuddman, you are either completely gullible or just disingenuous.
Old 10-19-2017, 12:05 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman

Really? This is what I read:

1. He said he was promised a GT2 RS allocation at MSRP.
2. He said instead of #1, the dealer asked for $250,000 over MSRP.
3. He said he didn't get #1 and instead got something else.

Assuming we can agree to the above, given he's erased most of his posts, who had the misunderstanding, him, the dealership or, both?

Because of what he said, there have been over 30,000 views on the subject and, the thread likely influenced the dealership in working with him. Moreover, many forum members responded to his cry for attention that he had "unfortunate dealings with Main Line."

Does he own Main Line an apology? Does Main Line owe him an apology? Should people trust Main Line with their purchases? The matter should be closed because he's said "solved" with no further explanation? He owes no further response to Rennlist readers and contributors?

Just because he may have met folks at an event and otherwise maybe a good guy doesn't mean people will just drop the subject. He invited discussion by his act of starting the thread. It will be discussed and considered, like it or not. That's the internet as you know.

Dan (read the "explanation" while it was up and doesn't think it was much of one)
Old 10-19-2017, 12:36 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Name:  photo881.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  285.7 KB
Old 10-19-2017, 12:48 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Last seen driving this-

Old 10-19-2017, 01:10 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Name:  photo79.jpg
Views: 1193
Size:  217.4 KB
Old 10-19-2017, 07:12 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^
^^
Awesomeness....
Old 10-20-2017, 04:48 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm positive that he had to sign a NDA and delete all previous correspondence in this thread. I hope he ended up getting his car at his original deal. But this still makes PML look bad. If he'd have come back and simply said something along the lines of "after a number of conversations with the dealership GM/Owner (or whoever made the decision), after looking deeper into the situation, the dealership has chosen to do the right thing and honor their original commitment. As a result, I've placed my order for the GT2RS and am happy to continue my relationship with PML and enjoy the same fantastic service that I've received for years. Lastly, I'd like to say thank you to the RL community and all those who've reached out and helped, given advice or just offered sympathy and support throughout.

That would have been perfect. Now not only do I feel like PML is hiding, I feel like **** just used us (even though I know his hands are probably tied and unable to give us a more detailed resolution answer).

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line