Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 08:13 PM
James Walker
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Believe AP

Originally Posted by wwspeeds
I am really sorry to hear about your experience. But I can't say I'm surprised after my conversation with the manager at a Porsche dealer in the northeast after seeing this ad on their website:

Available to the public! Anyone can go buy it today! How much do they want? They want you to sign a second *contract* that promises you will pay them whatever over MSRP the cars are trading for "on the second hand market" at the time of delivery. I had to ask the manager to repeat this with examples 3 times, as I was in disbelief. So if a car REPORTEDLY sells for $850,000 anywhere in the world, you owe them an additional half million dollars for your brand new car.

I can't even imagine this is legal. This is not a stock; there is no agreed market value. How can they ask you to sign a contract like that? I am sure others here have come across this dealership.

I honestly have half a mind to report these people to PCNA.
AP is on the record “ production will not be limited”. Be patient.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:15 PM
carz80am
Pro

Received 70 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FLGT
Might as well say which dealer it is...
I can almost guarantee its Porsche of Arlington, Sammy is the GM who screwed me out of my car for msrp
Old 10-03-2017, 08:17 PM
wwspeeds
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well, go look at that particular dealer's website and see if the ad matches.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:19 PM
carz80am
Pro

Originally Posted by wwspeeds
well, go look at that particular dealer's website and see if the ad matches.
It does, indeed. And they have gt3's available as well.

https://www.porscheofarlington.com
Old 10-03-2017, 08:21 PM
wwspeeds
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep. 3 allocations for GT3s. at the standard ADM.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:22 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts

^ I do not know what cars you bought from them, and glad to hear that you were well treated. I never contacted this dealer, so really don't know them. But based on experience with my dealer, I can guarantee that if you get there to buy a Cayenne, Panamera, CS, 718 or so you will be treated like royalty. My friends still thank me for recommending them to my SA. They will give you key rings, mugs and offer capuccinos for the whole family, introduce you to your new service rep, etc. However, in the same way that some say that you only meet the real person your wife is is during divorce proceedings ( never gone through that, so cannot comment either, but the stories I hear...) you only see who your dealer really is is when you tell them you want a GT car.

OP, hopefully this was just an idiot SA, or a joke, or an email sent to the wrong client. If not, I hope you have enough documentation to bring them to Court.

One day we might find an article published in the Harvard Business Review with the following title "How Porsche North America Let Some of Its US Dealers Destroy one of the Most Valuable Brands Ever - A Case Study"... not too different from United or the genius at Best Buy in Houston that tried to make a few extra bucks by selling water with ADM. Imo, PCNA deserves its United moment.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:22 PM
raysmd
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Sammy is the biggest douche. approx 2 years ago they changed their sales tactics. They were a small time dealer, then opened a new sales floor across the street. Now all of their GT cars are above MSRP. They don't care for existing customers.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:30 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,802 Likes on 2,167 Posts

Originally Posted by tasman
Sorry to hear. Unfortunately more and more dealers going the greedy route
Sad but true, more and more dealers are going into the dark side. Sooner rather than later we'll get a recession and that's when those dealers will feel the pain. We need to vote with our wallets.
Old 10-03-2017, 08:30 PM
misterwaterfall
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by James Walker
AP is on the record “ production will not be limited”. Be patient.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:38 PM
BryanCO
Drifting

Received 208 Likes on 148 Posts

Sounds like the dealer wants you to pass on your #1 spot on their list.

Regardless, deplorable tactics.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:16 PM
carz80am
Pro

Originally Posted by raysmd
^ Sammy is the biggest douche. approx 2 years ago they changed their sales tactics. They were a small time dealer, then opened a new sales floor across the street. Now all of their GT cars are above MSRP. They don't care for existing customers.
100% agree, he even will discount the turbo/turbo s models hoping to get more gt cars. He use to discount them 10% online until the other Porsche dealers in the area complained.

Back to the OP, the owner of the dealership has a nice stable of personal cars, wonder if he wants the allocation for himself....
Old 10-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Turbohead
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

"One day we might find an article published in the Harvard Business Review with the following title "How Porsche North America Let Some of Its US Dealers Destroy one of the Most Valuable Brands Ever - A Case Study"... not too different from United or the genius at Best Buy in Houston that tried to make a few extra bucks by selling water with ADM. Imo, PCNA deserves its United moment."

I have 27 p cars over the years and presently have 4.
I think that qualifies for brand loyalty.
My dealer in Greenwich CT . pulled a similar thing on me .
and they still have my deposit .I'm pissed also.

I think we need to start a dealer" Black list " and get it all over these boards.
Lets see if PCNA cares about their reputation especially in the eyes of their best customers.

What do you guys think?
Elliot
Old 10-03-2017, 09:20 PM
SteveFrench
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why are they stooping to such vile tactics, with virtually no shame? What are they seeing that is causing them to do this? Surely, it can't just be greed.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:21 PM
carz80am
Pro

Originally Posted by Turbohead
"One day we might find an article published in the Harvard Business Review with the following title "How Porsche North America Let Some of Its US Dealers Destroy one of the Most Valuable Brands Ever - A Case Study"... not too different from United or the genius at Best Buy in Houston that tried to make a few extra bucks by selling water with ADM. Imo, PCNA deserves its United moment."

I have 27 p cars over the years and presently have 4.
I think that qualifies for brand loyalty.
My dealer in Greenwich CT . pulled a similar thing on me .
and they still have my deposit .I'm pissed also.

I think we need to start a dealer" Black list " and get it all over these boards.
Lets see if PCNA cares about their reputation especially in the eyes of their best customers.

What do you guys think?
Elliot

All for it, but others will continue to pay ADM while economy is good...
Old 10-03-2017, 10:05 PM
Buteo
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 19 Posts

SHAGG is the most standup Porsche guy out there, really the guy Porsche built themselves on.

It's not just terrible they lowballed you on your 458 but they then held your funds for a 2.5 years in good faith that you would get a car at MSRP. Honestly, makes me sick.

Id suggest this. Buy the car at their ADM and sell it for 400k over or whatever market is and go buy yourself a 458 Speciale. F them.

Quick Reply: Buying a GT2 RS: My Unfortunate Dealings with Porsche of the Main Line