Sponsored by:

Another round coming ...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 05:25 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,384 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by WenigerAberBeser
+1, Porsche is a luxury brand so giving their consumers more choices / options / customization is part of the ethos
Yeh but the amount of wealth created here in the last year is ridiculous, in comparison. Keeping Politics out of it - it has been a great ride if you jumped on it
Old 10-03-2017, 05:29 PM
jlee504
Rennlist Member

Received 396 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
Touring saves Porsche money (no carbon wing, 6mt only -->cheaper to build), eliminated some PTS demands, and probably helps with the LWB bottleneck (touring people probably more likely to spec 4way/18way). It also takes pressure of 911R prices (Porsche dislikes flippers apparently) and maybe some consolation to disappointed people who did not get a 911R. And it is free publicity.

So a no brainer for Porsche regardless of the fact that no one can walk into a dealer and buy one.
Hey I hope you are right and they fast track my touring since so many people are going pts !

I just think the debate back and forth is silly, no one really knows it’s all speculation.

I think others have said, the best way to get a spot is to get to know your dealer and have them know you.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:35 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,336 Likes on 702 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Yeh but the amount of wealth created here in the last year is ridiculous, in comparison. Keeping Politics out of it - it has been a great ride if you jumped on it
Kinda makes you wonder why everyone is kicking and screaming over dealer ADMs
Old 10-03-2017, 05:40 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

A couple of smaller dealers I've dealt with have flatly stated to me that whilst the odd new allocation may be handed out by pcna, it'll most likely go to the larger dealers.
There is little chance of large batches of allocations (like the current ones) being handed to dealers.
Old 10-03-2017, 06:36 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Originally Posted by jlee504
Hey I hope you are right and they fast track my touring since so many people are going pts !

I just think the debate back and forth is silly, no one really knows it’s all speculation.

I think others have said, the best way to get a spot is to get to know your dealer and have them know you.
I doubt your build date will move and if you have that you should know when you get your car.
Old 10-03-2017, 07:51 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 460 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by InnovateGT3
My dealer here in Canada has stated the same. All of their allocations through to end of 2018 are spoken for. Additionally, they have only taken a few calendar year 2019 deposits as they feel there won't be as many issued by PAG.

It would appear rennlist user "Loess" has the low down on VIN production. That would give considerable fact to the amount of GT3's headed for North America. I think he's posted something like of the 360 made to date for North America 24 are Canadian cars.
WRONG!!
New limited allocations will be available, perhaps sooner than later in Canada.

Quick Reply: Another round coming ...